RCP average shows Romney massacre.

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
At current Mitt Romney is distancing the other GOP primary candidates at a rapid pace. The hype that had surrounded Newt 'Fireball' Gingrich has turned out in all reality to be more like Newt 'slow bear' Gingrich. Romney is almost exactly double the spread of Gingrich. Ron Paul, in the RCP spread is a distant 3rd place, The rest of the pack are stuck in single digit numbers.
Incredibly, the Romney spread has so distanced the rest of the pack that both Newt Gingrich & Ron Paul's RCP average COMBINED cant even come close to Romney's whopping 36.8 standing! At this rate it looks like we're gonna get a slightly lighter shade of Obama for the next moderate/liberal POTUS. Incredible!!!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary

That's NH. Romney is supposed to win big in NH. I don't think those polls are telling us anything about the general election.

If Romney didn't win in NH, or won by a small margin, I think that would tell you that Romney would be finished in the general election.

At current Mitt Romney is distancing the other GOP primary candidates at a rapid pace. The hype that had surrounded Newt 'Fireball' Gingrich has turned out in all reality to be more like Newt 'slow bear' Gingrich. Romney is almost exactly double the spread of Gingrich. Ron Paul, in the RCP spread is a distant 3rd place, The rest of the pack are stuck in single digit numbers.
Incredibly, the Romney spread has so distanced the rest of the pack that both Newt Gingrich & Ron Paul's RCP average COMBINED cant even come close to Romney's whopping 36.8 standing! At this rate it looks like we're gonna get a slightly lighter shade of Obama for the next moderate/liberal POTUS. Incredible!!!

I think you can't read too much into that.

Romney comes from a neighboring state and one of his "not big enough" mansions is actually located in NH. So usually, such as the case of Paul Tsongas in 1992, a win there is usually discounted.

I'll go one further. Because we have given this little state far too much importance as the first in the nation (seriously, why do they ALWAYS get to go first?) we've given them too big of a head. So they do crazy stuff like nominate Pat Buchanan or John McCain in 2000. Just to stir up the pot. Heck, they could totally screw with the GOP and have Ron Paul win.

Final point. In 2004, Howard Dean was leading by a healthy margin in NH polls, until Kerry won in Iowa. Then his support collapsed. In 2008, Mike Huckabee won in Iowa, and even though Romney had been leading in NH, John McCain came out of nowhere and won it.

Romney is trying to commit to Iowa after neglecting it for months. But he's snubbing the evangelicals/Social Cons. If Gingrich wins anyway, I think that could change the dynamic in NH.

Or at least I hope it does, because if Romney is the GOP nominee, I'll vote for a Democrat for the first time in my life.

The Tea Party, aka the Republican base, is going to make a desperate last ditch effort to rally around one not-Romney candidate,

throw the rest of them overboard,

to try to overcome the splitting of the not-Romney vote that is working to Romney's advantage. Apparently the lucky recipient of this last stand scheme is,

hilariously, Newt Gingrich.

The Tea Party, aka the Republican base, is going to make a desperate last ditch effort to rally around one not-Romney candidate,

to try to overcome the splitting of the not-Romney vote that is working to Romney's advantage. Apparently the lucky recipient of this last stand scheme is,

Given that either Newt or Romney would beat Obama like a drum, especially when the bottom falls out of the economy next year when the Euro collapses, why should Conservatives settle for a RINO like Romney?

Given that either Newt or Romney would beat Obama like a drum, especially when the bottom falls out of the economy next year when the Euro collapses, why should Conservatives settle for a RINO like Romney?

I'll bet you $1000 Gingrich doesn't beat Obama if Gingrich is nominated.

Glad you are finally on board that Romney is viable.

Sorry, I can't accept crickets as currency.

lol, another big talking pussy clams up.

Well, I don't think he's that viable... I think enough people hate Mormons where he could lose...

Sorry, I can't accept crickets as currency.

lol, another big talking pussy clams up.

I actually had to go to my JOB today.

I know you are unfamiliar with the concept. YOu see, it's where you are expected to show up at a place, and do some work or activity resulting in producing something. I know being a liberal living in Mom's basement you are unfamiliar with the concept.

(Actualy, I'm home a bit earlier than normal today because a watermain broke at the office..)

Looks like another Election without any real choices. Romney/Obama? Is there really any difference? The only advantage i give to Romney is that he knows business much more than the guy in there now does. He actually ran a business so that gives him real-life experience on the Economy. Otherwise,they're pretty much the same candidate.

Last edited:
The link is labled 2012 but the heading on the poll shows 2008???? Given the list of candidates on the poll results, however, they probably did mean 2012. Actually I think we're still too far out, even though just a little over a month away, to start counting chickens. Some really strange things have happened in these early primaries.

I remember the year that Pat Robertson and Jesse Jackson were the front runners in New Hamphire--I believe Robertson actually won in New Hampshire that year???? I remember my husband and I discussing it and thinking OMG, what if THOSE TWO were our choices come the November election?

Hell.....there are a LOT o' long-time Dems who are AS anxious, to run against Frig Newton, as they were, against Snooki Palin!!

It really is awfully comical, watching his Teabagger-support, from people who's only history (with politics) goes back (maybe) 10 years!!!

:clap2:

:woohoo:

Well, I don't think he's that viable... I think enough people hate Mormons where he could lose...
i.e. fundamentalist-REPUBLICANS!!!

Romney/McCain/Bush/Obama? I'm still shocked so many think there's a real difference. Their policies are just about identical. Obama is a Big Government Neocon who has completely sunk many future generations. And the rest are Big Government Neocons too. We need real change but obviously that isn't gonna happen in 2012. It's sad.

...him. Mitt is not banking on Iowa at all. Mitt cleans up in NH he's on the road to wrap up the following states, or at least a fair amount of them.

That's NH. Romney is supposed to win big in NH. I don't think those polls are telling us anything about the general election.

If Romney didn't win in NH, or won by a small margin, I think that would tell you that Romney would be finished in the general election.

Obama is marginally a superior candidate then Mitt flip flop Romney. Gingrich has no business being back in the arena with his miserable performance of the past. I see Paul & Huntsman as the only real conservative candidates in the race. Romney will have a BIG start if he cleans up in NH tho.

I think you can't read too much into that.

Romney comes from a neighboring state and one of his "not big enough" mansions is actually located in NH. So usually, such as the case of Paul Tsongas in 1992, a win there is usually discounted.

I'll go one further. Because we have given this little state far too much importance as the first in the nation (seriously, why do they ALWAYS get to go first?) we've given them too big of a head. So they do crazy stuff like nominate Pat Buchanan or John McCain in 2000. Just to stir up the pot. Heck, they could totally screw with the GOP and have Ron Paul win.

Final point. In 2004, Howard Dean was leading by a healthy margin in NH polls, until Kerry won in Iowa. Then his support collapsed. In 2008, Mike Huckabee won in Iowa, and even though Romney had been leading in NH, John McCain came out of nowhere and won it.

Romney is trying to commit to Iowa after neglecting it for months. But he's snubbing the evangelicals/Social Cons. If Gingrich wins anyway, I think that could change the dynamic in NH.

Or at least I hope it does, because if Romney is the GOP nominee, I'll vote for a Democrat for the first time in my life.

Oh yeah, Obama is a shoe in for sure..... :eusa_whistle:

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com

Honestly, you people are in such denial it's sad. I almost feel bad for you.

Forum List

Back