RCP average shows Romney massacre.

Given that either Newt or Romney would beat Obama like a drum, especially when the bottom falls out of the economy next year when the Euro collapses, why should Conservatives settle for a RINO like Romney?

Glad you are finally on board that Romney is viable.

Well, I don't think he's that viable... I think enough people hate Mormons where he could lose...

Trust me. I live in the buckle of the bible belt. Knoxville, Tennessee. NOBODY CARES anymore. They just don't give a damn. Especially since the conversion of Glenn Beck. Who curriously endorsed Michele Bachmann.

New Hampshire and Iowa are going to be very interesting. I think Bachmann will pick up a huge flipback from Cain and Perry, who took votes away from her after the Iowa straw poll. Perry especially is looking like a likely early drop out. Bachmann will be in this for the long haul.

Romney seems to own NH at the sacrifice of Iowa. Gingrich, hard as it is to believe with his past performance is still somewhat viable. Both Newt & Mitt R poor choices in my opinion. Newt's waaaay to liberal on key issues that should not be in a liberal context. The problem with Romney is one has no idea where he stands on issues due to his flip flop on a dime roaming rhetoric.
Ron Paul & Jon Huntsman seem the best pick for Constitutionally based government. The problem here is that Ron is a DISTANT 3rd place in Iowa with Huntsman in a even more distant 4th place. It gets worse on the national scene...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

...where both Perry & Paul are tied for 4th place at a dismal 8.0 spread. Worse, Huntsman & Santorum are tied for LAST place at a super poor 2.3 spread. Even Bachmann which was my ORIGINAL pick for POTUS until she went bonkers, is ahead of Santorum & Huntsman. It appears the GOP constituency desires a more 'center' based POTUS than a conservative/libertarian POTUS.
The scary part is that on the national scene liberal Newt has a 2.5 spread over Romney. I must say the GOP constituency seems to be getting more liberal as the time goes by. I believe the spreads listed between the polls for each candidate is pretty accurate. Just pray that the more liberal of the GOP constituency does not elect Gingrich!

The link is labled 2012 but the heading on the poll shows 2008???? Given the list of candidates on the poll results, however, they probably did mean 2012. Actually I think we're still too far out, even though just a little over a month away, to start counting chickens. Some really strange things have happened in these early primaries.

I remember the year that Pat Robertson and Jesse Jackson were the front runners in New Hamphire--I believe Robertson actually won in New Hampshire that year???? I remember my husband and I discussing it and thinking OMG, what if THOSE TWO were our choices come the November election?

Well, I don't think he's that viable... I think enough people hate Mormons where he could lose...

Trust me. I live in the buckle of the bible belt. Knoxville, Tennessee. NOBODY CARES anymore. They just don't give a damn. Especially since the conversion of Glenn Beck. Who curriously endorsed Michele Bachmann.

New Hampshire and Iowa are going to be very interesting. I think Bachmann will pick up a huge flipback from Cain and Perry, who took votes away from her after the Iowa straw poll. Perry especially is looking like a likely early drop out. Bachmann will be in this for the long haul.

I should point out FOX fired Glenn Beck.

And that Romney still hasn't breached 25% in the GOP popularity polls. Which is the highest point of support he ever had in 2008.

Forum List

Back