RCC To Catholics: How To Convert A Wiccan

Besides being condescending what's the problem?

You mean with the Pope's new "how to" for converting Wiccans? The world is on fire, the Papacy has still not dealt adequately with the child sex scandals, and the Pope has time to fritter away on THIS?

Dun that seem a tad odd, Father Time?

The problems of the world can only be solved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ changing the hearts of all the people.

The world will always have fires to put out. But the human soul is Eternal.

The Word of God can do more to fix the world than anything else in it.

Yanno I like ya, Avatar, but the "my way or the highway" nonsense almost all major religions foment nauseates me. To harm or kill because another person does not worship God as you do seems to me the height of moral insanity.

Last edited:
why is it when one of the major religions refuses conversion...its due to them being 'strong in the lord' or whatever...but when a pagan refuses conversion...we are seen as 'angry'?

LOL well in our mid-50's things have slowed down a bit. :D

When our daughter was in kindergarten we were invited to a classmate's birthday party. Her dad was a Baptist minister. At dinner he asked what church we go to. Me: "Well, I'm Catholic and my wife here is Pagan".

The silence that followed was like the vacuum of space.

Marie, I am a lapsed Catholic and I also find much fault with the RCC...obviously, or else I'd still be there. But it's dogma is bible based....it's just that the RCC approaches the bible somewhat differently than most mainstream Protestant faiths. (Or did, when I was young, but I am fairly sure things have stayed the same on this.)

First of all, there's a separate RCC bible, and one reason why is, that bible is heavily annotated with interpretations of the passages. The RCC tends to direct an adherent to various prayers, cathecisms, missals, etc. and expects them to depend pretty heavily on clergy to teach them the bible, rather than delving in on their own.

I dun think the RCC is any more ridiculous in its dogma than any protestant faith, and though the RCC teaches that theirs is the only path to God, I dun think that's true, either. I posted the video because I find some of what the current Pope turns his attention to a tad goofy. All the evil in this world, and he's worried about the etiquette of harrassing Wiccans?

Actually, there is much RCC dogma that is NOT Bible based. Prayer to Mary or saints, where is that? That Mary remained a virgin beyond the birth of Jesus, where is that? Mary had additional children according to the Bible. The whole church hierarchy with the Pope and Bishops and celibate Nuns and Priests.......where is that? The RCC is largely built on traditions rather than Scripture. Just my two cents as a lapsed Baptist.

The Bible doesn't actually say Mary had more children, it says Jesus had brothers and sisters, which by Catholic tradition were considered children of Joseph by a previous marriage. As for praying to Mary and the saints for intercession and strength, that's veneration and NOT worship. As for other things not Biblical, I'll repeat passages I quoted earlier in the thread to show that Jesus did not require such a thing, especially since at the time the New Testament hadn't even been written.

Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 18 KJV
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

RE Roman Catholism. I'm by no means a RCC "person" hater. It's the doctrines/teachings that need to be called out. That doesn't mean someone is a "hater". Rather the opposite. Love rejoices in the truth. Love protects. For those Catholics who feel offended by some who are trying to show them something, it has nothing to do with your "person", its like watching a child cross the street in heavey traffic and ppls are yelling STOP!!! LOOK! Please! (ya know?) Doctrine, doctrine, doctrine. I believe that many are deceived by these doctrines as opposed to looking at the Bible themselves.

There's many websites, but here's one example. Please read carefully what the RCC teaches in opposition of the Bible. This below is a partial quote. And above all, don't believe me, or the site, research it yourself. (Never hurts to be like the "Bereans" in the Bible who studied to make sure what others are teaching is true.)

From Carm (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry)
Link: Is Roman Catholicism and Christianity the same thing? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

"So, someone who is a true Christian will believe these things and not violate them. Roman Catholicism violates two of them. First of all, by its practice of promoting Mary (and the Saints) to the level of God-like capabilities, they break the commandment to have no other gods before the true and living God. In Roman Catholicism, they say that Mary is the mediatrix (Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 969); Mary made atonement for the sins of man (Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, page 213); Mary is the subject of preaching and worship ((Vatican Council II, p. 420); etc.

Also, Catholicism violates the biblical doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone. Paul the apostle, for example, tells us in Romans 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness." But Roman Catholicism denies that and says, "...so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments," (CCC, par 2068). Also, consider this:

"If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9)."

The Bible is "read" in each Catholic mass. It is the only church that I have seen this done. Other churches will pick a sentence or even a phrase, and the "preacher" will tell you what it means.

As far as "promoting" the "God-like" qualities of the saints and Mary (the mother of G*d, in the Christ): wasn't that what the NT was about? Yeshua showed the disciples how to do what He did. The Christ sent the Holy Spirit to give them the "abilities" that the Christ used. These powers are used by other people (not just Catholics) for healing, casting out demons, and forgiving sins. The Catholics do not believe that the Lord is a Lord of the dead. They believe He is a Lord of the living, and as such, has people with Him that are still alive, though no longer in their physical bodies. As the living, what is wrong with asking them for help ... to pray for you, or to even get help to achieve the same perfection in a skill they mastered. Catholics are fully aware these people are not the Lord. But just as you would ask a family member or close friend to pray for you, so do Catholics... they are all brothers and sisters in the Christ.

i would rather be burned at the stake (most witches were pressed to death in the us burning of witches is really a myth, there were many more methods used to kill witches) than convert

Who was pressuring to convert? If you "hear" the "Word of the Lord", you will want to find out more. If you choose not to listen, that is your choice. It amazes me when I hear people claiming an open discussion is a "forced conversion".

why is it when one of the major religions refuses conversion...its due to them being 'strong in the lord' or whatever...but when a pagan refuses conversion...we are seen as 'angry'?
I was busting your chops, that is why I put the little smiley Bishops for humors sake.

i would rather be burned at the stake (most witches were pressed to death in the us burning of witches is really a myth, there were many more methods used to kill witches) than convert

That probably sucks worse than Stoning (I am familiar with how it was done. Sheesh). But...I have to hand it to the Inquisition for coming up with the most barbaric ways of killing someone.

Ahhh, when you have no point, go to ancient history. Thank you for revealing yourself. You probably support islam and all its current barbaric methods, today, yes?

Marie, I am a lapsed Catholic and I also find much fault with the RCC...obviously, or else I'd still be there. But it's dogma is bible based....it's just that the RCC approaches the bible somewhat differently than most mainstream Protestant faiths. (Or did, when I was young, but I am fairly sure things have stayed the same on this.)

First of all, there's a separate RCC bible, and one reason why is, that bible is heavily annotated with interpretations of the passages. The RCC tends to direct an adherent to various prayers, cathecisms, missals, etc. and expects them to depend pretty heavily on clergy to teach them the bible, rather than delving in on their own.

I dun think the RCC is any more ridiculous in its dogma than any protestant faith, and though the RCC teaches that theirs is the only path to God, I dun think that's true, either. I posted the video because I find some of what the current Pope turns his attention to a tad goofy. All the evil in this world, and he's worried about the etiquette of harrassing Wiccans?

Actually, there is much RCC dogma that is NOT Bible based. Prayer to Mary or saints, where is that? That Mary remained a virgin beyond the birth of Jesus, where is that? Mary had additional children according to the Bible. The whole church hierarchy with the Pope and Bishops and celibate Nuns and Priests.......where is that? The RCC is largely built on traditions rather than Scripture. Just my two cents as a lapsed Baptist.

Where does it say Mary had additional children?

Besides being condescending what's the problem?

You mean with the Pope's new "how to" for converting Wiccans? The world is on fire, the Papacy has still not dealt adequately with the child sex scandals, and the Pope has time to fritter away on THIS?

How do you "deal adequately with the child sex scandals" when one liberal host insist that it really not rape, rape (Whoopi Goldberg)? How do you deal with such a horrendous crime when many in society are promoting child - adult sex (including some in your faith)? I will tell you, IMHO, that you will never be able to "fix" those crimes. The only "adequate" punishment would be torture like that in the Inquisistion. Hopefully, that will not happen. They should be punished according to the laws of the country. Why people went through a church that preaches "forgiveness" seems to be "money" (they couldn't get as much if they went thru District Attornies).

The problems of the world can only be solved by the Gospel of Jesus Christ changing the hearts of all the people.

The world will always have fires to put out. But the human soul is Eternal.

The Word of God can do more to fix the world than anything else in it.
The "word of god" causes more problems than anything else. Look at the Middle East.

Change that to the word of "Mohammed" and I will agree.

Forum List

Back