RCC To Catholics: How To Convert A Wiccan

Nice to see slander and lies still exist in the world. By the way it is funny when people use Catholic hater videos to explain what Catholics believe.;

Quick question chick, wanna explain why Easter sometimes comes before Passover? That's right.......the Catholics changed the holiday to coincide with the Spring Solstice (hence the Sunrise Service). Made it easier to sell to the pagans.

Also, care to talk about Yeshua's (Jesus') actual birthday being closer to the end of October, yet the Catholics changed it to coincide with the Winter Solstice, because yet again......it made it easier to sell it to the pagans?

After that, then let's talk about the saints..........

What's to talk about? It was basic Christian strategy in the early days. They told the pagans, you can have your holidays, they just mean this now. They co-opted celebrations to spread the faith. What was important was the message, not the trappings. Also, venerating saints was just a way to guide them away from polytheism.

About as close as I can get in explaining what I believe, you can read in my blog.

Nice to see slander and lies still exist in the world. By the way it is funny when people use Catholic hater videos to explain what Catholics believe.;

Quick question chick, wanna explain why Easter sometimes comes before Passover? That's right.......the Catholics changed the holiday to coincide with the Spring Solstice (hence the Sunrise Service). Made it easier to sell to the pagans.

Also, care to talk about Yeshua's (Jesus') actual birthday being closer to the end of October, yet the Catholics changed it to coincide with the Winter Solstice, because yet again......it made it easier to sell it to the pagans?

After that, then let's talk about the saints..........
We can celebrate our Savior when we wish, I do believe that we were supposed to spread the good new so that people would convert after repenting correct??? Whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.:eusa_whistle:God forbid the pagans convert to worshiping Christ, is that where you are going with this? Into legalism much?

RE Roman Catholism. I'm by no means a RCC "person" hater. It's the doctrines/teachings that need to be called out. That doesn't mean someone is a "hater". Rather the opposite. Love rejoices in the truth. Love protects. For those Catholics who feel offended by some who are trying to show them something, it has nothing to do with your "person", its like watching a child cross the street in heavey traffic and ppls are yelling STOP!!! LOOK! Please! (ya know?) Doctrine, doctrine, doctrine. I believe that many are deceived by these doctrines as opposed to looking at the Bible themselves.

There's many websites, but here's one example. Please read carefully what the RCC teaches in opposition of the Bible. This below is a partial quote. And above all, don't believe me, or the site, research it yourself. (Never hurts to be like the "Bereans" in the Bible who studied to make sure what others are teaching is true.)

From Carm (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry)
Link: Is Roman Catholicism and Christianity the same thing? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

"So, someone who is a true Christian will believe these things and not violate them. Roman Catholicism violates two of them. First of all, by its practice of promoting Mary (and the Saints) to the level of God-like capabilities, they break the commandment to have no other gods before the true and living God. In Roman Catholicism, they say that Mary is the mediatrix (Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 969); Mary made atonement for the sins of man (Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, page 213); Mary is the subject of preaching and worship ((Vatican Council II, p. 420); etc.

Also, Catholicism violates the biblical doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone. Paul the apostle, for example, tells us in Romans 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness." But Roman Catholicism denies that and says, "...so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments," (CCC, par 2068). Also, consider this:

"If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9)."

RE Roman Catholism. I'm by no means a RCC "person" hater. It's the doctrines/teachings that need to be called out. That doesn't mean someone is a "hater". Rather the opposite. Love rejoices in the truth. Love protects. For those Catholics who feel offended by some who are trying to show them something, it has nothing to do with your "person", its like watching a child cross the street in heavey traffic and ppls are yelling STOP!!! LOOK! Please! (ya know?) Doctrine, doctrine, doctrine. I believe that many are deceived by these doctrines as opposed to looking at the Bible themselves.

There's many websites, but here's one example. Please read carefully what the RCC teaches in opposition of the Bible. This below is a partial quote. And above all, don't believe me, or the site, research it yourself. (Never hurts to be like the "Bereans" in the Bible who studied to make sure what others are teaching is true.)

Link: Is Roman Catholicism and Christianity the same thing? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

"So, someone who is a true Christian will believe these things and not violate them. Roman Catholicism violates two of them. First of all, by its practice of promoting Mary (and the Saints) to the level of God-like capabilities, they break the commandment to have no other gods before the true and living God. In Roman Catholicism, they say that Mary is the mediatrix (Catechism of the Catholic Church paragraph 969); Mary made atonement for the sins of man (Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, page 213); Mary is the subject of preaching and worship ((Vatican Council II, p. 420); etc.

Also, Catholicism violates the biblical doctrine of salvation by grace through faith alone. Paul the apostle, for example, tells us in Romans 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness." But Roman Catholicism denies that and says, "...so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments," (CCC, par 2068). Also, consider this:

"If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema" (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9)."

How about you go to Catholic answers to look into the objections instead of relying on slanderous websites who pick and choose what they want to take out of context to slander other Christians FURTHER dividing the Body of Christ instead of trying to get to know our Savior Jesus who will be our JUDGE?

pick and choose what they want to take out of context to slander other Christians FURTHER dividing the Body of Christ instead of trying to get to know our Savior Jesus who will be our JUDGE?

Speaking of judging..shouldn't that be left to God, Lisa? Why yes. It should. You know what's coming next, right? Shall we say it together? ok!

"Practice what you preach".

Now, wasn't that fun? :tongue:

I feel like taking my nap. Then I'll be back to this forum to post about Animal Spirit Totems. I'm sure you will participate, Lisa. You would be most welcome. :)

pick and choose what they want to take out of context to slander other Christians FURTHER dividing the Body of Christ instead of trying to get to know our Savior Jesus who will be our JUDGE?

Speaking of judging..shouldn't that be left to God, Lisa? Why yes. It should. You know what's coming next, right? Shall we say it together? ok!

I feel like taking my nap. Then I'll be back to this forum to post about Animal Spirit Totems. I'm sure you will participate, Lisa. You would be most welcome. :)
I agree God is our judge and Jesus being the second person of the Holy Trinity qualifies. He is the only one who sees hearts, so while the non-Papists...PONTIFICATE I take heart that they will not be able to do so at my death.:tongue::razz:

The first part of your critique is incorrect in that Mary and the saints aren't worshipped, but venerated.

As for the second part, if the Council of Trent was making a ruling, they were following Jesus' teaching, which trumps anything said by Paul.

Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 18 KJV
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The first part of your critique is incorrect in that Mary and the saints aren't worshipped, but venerated.

As for the second part, if the Council of Trent was making a ruling, they were following Jesus' teaching, which trumps anything said by Paul.

Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 18 KJV
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I agree God is our judge and Jesus being the second person of the Holy Trinity qualifies. He is the only one who sees hearts, so while the non-Papists...PONTIFICATE I take heart that they will not be able to do so at my death.:tongue::razz:

Oh my. Pontificate. Big word. I'llhave to go look it up. Unless my conjured Animal Spirit guide can lead me the way better. I'll confer and get back to you. Now..where did I put my ride? Oh. I remember now. I swept the front porch.
:eusa_pray::tongue:

Oh my. Pontificate. Big word. I'llhave to go look it up. Unless my conjured Animal Spirit guide can lead me the way better. I'll confer and get back to you. Now..where did I put my ride? Oh. I remember now. I swept the front porch.
Try the English way, umbrellas I heard work just as well.:tongue:
5.gif

i would rather be burned at the stake (most witches were pressed to death in the us burning of witches is really a myth, there were many more methods used to kill witches) than convert

Try the English way, umbrellas I heard work just as well.:tongue:
5.gif

There are more than one definitions of the word. So..I will presume you meant to use it in a positive way (the tea leaves said to give you the benefit of the doubt and who am I to argue with them?).

Umbrella? No no no. I need max zoom power when I swoop.

i would rather be burned at the stake (most witches were pressed to death in the us burning of witches is really a myth, there were many more methods used to kill witches) than convert

That probably sucks worse than Stoning (I am familiar with how it was done. Sheesh). But...I have to hand it to the Inquisition for coming up with the most barbaric ways of killing someone.

Actually, in Colonial America (no witches were tried or convicted or executed in the U.S), they were hanged. One accused man was pressed to death because he refused to even plea innocent or guilty. (If he'd pled guilty, they would have taken his family's home...if he's pled innocent and been found guilty, they would have taken his family's home)
NONE of them were Wiccans.

That probably sucks worse than Stoning (I am familiar with how it was done. Sheesh). But...I have to hand it to the Inquisition for coming up with the most barbaric ways of killing someone.

The RCC has a long history of "creativity".

when one reviews the instruments of torture used against witches you must be amazed by the sadism.

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Now you seem angry when you say that..........

not at all angry. truthful

Martyrs to christianity become saints. Martyrs to other faiths become object lessons.

Ain't you caught on yet, bones?

Forum List

Back