Ray Donovan:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Anyone else watch Ray Donovan. I think it's excellent! Moves fast, always interesting, Lots of well-planned plot twists.

Liev Schreiber is made for this role. For a Jew he superbly plays a badass Irishman. Jon Voight is excellent as Ray's father. Ian McShane is, as usual, a very credible villain. The entire supporting cast is top shelf.

Ray Donovan keeps getting better and better. I'm hoping for a few more seasons.

i have been there since day one.....great show.....rays wife is hot.....
"The shrill, grating wife of the titular character is the worst part of Showtime’s otherwise solid show. Abby, as played by Paula Malcomson, seems to serve no purpose other than to complain about how much she hates her husband (Liev Schreiber) and what he does for a living."

The worst character on TV: Abby Donovan - The AP Party

Show is fun but the wife has to go.

"The shrill, grating wife of the titular character is the worst part of Showtime’s otherwise solid show. Abby, as played by Paula Malcomson, seems to serve no purpose other than to complain about how much she hates her husband (Liev Schreiber) and what he does for a living."

doesnt change the fact she is hot.....but maybe you aint into that.....not that there is anything wrong with that....

doesnt change the fact she is hot.....but maybe you aint into that.....not that there is anything wrong with that....
Shrill voiced bitchy women? nah I am not not that I will pass.

sure you would....you would be on that in a minute....unless....

lol nah I will not on bad with yours. I like women though just not the one you like.

lol nah I will not on bad with yours. I like women though just not the one you like.
ok fair enough.....either way the show is good....

Better than the Soprano's?

It IS the Soprano's; substitute transplanted Boston/Irish thug for a New Jersey Italian thug, and it's the same show. Same entitled, obnoxious wife, same obnoxious entitled kids (esp. daughter), same obnoxious worthless relatives. All that's missing is a shrink.

Liev Schreiber is a better actor than Jim Gandolfini was - he was never a very convincing tough guy to me.

Eddie Marsan is a fantastic actor.

Bottom line, it's worth wasting an hour a week on, unlike most of the dreck that is available.

Just started watching this show today. I really like it. It's going to take a long time to catch up on 4 seasons with every episode and hour long.

Better than the Soprano's?

It IS the Soprano's; substitute transplanted Boston/Irish thug for a New Jersey Italian thug, and it's the same show. Same entitled, obnoxious wife, same obnoxious entitled kids (esp. daughter), same obnoxious worthless relatives. All that's missing is a shrink.

[...]
The Ray Donovan show is good. Very good. But some of its characters and situations are a bit fantastic, whereas all of the characters and situations played in The Sopranos are based on solid reality (and verifiable history of the Italian mobs).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back