Rational American/Christian Pastor in Step with Our Founding Generation Supports Abortion Issue One in OHIO

The Ohio Constitution should empower all people to decide for themselves whether, when, and how they become parents

That choice, along with life and our humanity, begins at conception

Once a life is created it must be protected
In a gun crazed society, that`s Mission Impossible.

Leviticus 24:17 Whoever takes the life of any human being shall be put to death;”

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you…”

So if you want to play dumb on the issue and think that God is okay with women killing perfectly healthy babies in their wombs…..well good luck with that in the afterlife.
A six week glob of cells is not a person.

Issue 1 is a ballot measure that, if approved, would change the Ohio Constitution to include protections for abortion access. According to ballot language, the measure would establish in the state constitution "an individual right to one's own reproductive medical treatment," including to make decisions on abortion, contraception, fertility treatment, continuing one's own pregnancy and miscarriage care.

If approved, the amendment, titled "The Right to Reproductive Freedom with Protections for Health and Safety," would protect any person or entity that helps a patient receive reproductive medical treatment and prohibit Ohio from "directly or indirectly burdening, penalizing or prohibiting abortion" before viability, generally considered to be between 22 and 24 weeks of pregnancy.

Sounds reasonable.

I am a Christian and pro-choice...

It is about freedom, I have no right to tell other people there freedoms when they are my beliefs...

I am more of a big print christian, it is far more important to 'Love thy Neighbour' than Abortion which seems to buried in the bible and never mentioned by Christ.....

Personally I think the Evangelicals are only reading parts of the Bible they like rather than taking the actual meaning of it... Jesus would have only distain for Trump, lets be very clear about that.. Jesus was about helping the poor, Trump is about laughing at them.

I am not expecting perfection in our representatives but I expect them to tone down the hypocrisy. Sorry but the GOP can't claim to be on the side of Jesus with there attitude towards the poor and downtrodden..
Being a Christian means following the teachings of Christ, that is actually hard, it involves turning the cheek and helping without judgement. It is not being a member of Church (tribe) and following the rules of the tribe.
Wrong on the bolded part. Being a Christian does not mean doing good works or being a "good" person TRYING to earn salvation. Salvation is a gift freely given by G-d to all those who will repent of their sin, and yes, including abortion, and receiving Messiah as Lord, Savior, and especially MASTER over their lives. Part and parcel to that is the NEW BIRTH that Yeshua Himself told Nicodemus in John 3:3-"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of G-d".

Lock them up after they shoot someone or just stop and frisk everyone?
Both

Or if the SC does not allow stop and frisk the police gather up thousands of petty criminals who are armed and lawfully searched

Send away for a long, long time with no reduction of sentence

VOICES: I support Issue 1 because of my faith, not in spite of it By Rev. Terry Williams Nov 5, 2023

Ohio 1 will protect women from the extremist religious right of the Republican Party.

There is no shame in being prochoice when you are a Christian.

How many prochoice Christians are on this USMB?

Thsnk God Ohio Issue 1 will pass today.

nf.23.11.07 #1
He is a servant of Satan and will reap his reward. Molech Worshippers

theHawk said: Or the women can learn to become responsible adults and not get pregnant every time they spread their legs for some Chad that has no intentions of helping raise the child. thvhwk.17.10.09 #33
theHawk said: “Really? Where in the Bible does it say abortion is okay?” thvhwk.23.11.07 #3
#15 BULLDOG said: “Where does it say abortion is denied”bvlldvg.23.11.07 #15 to thvhwk.23.11.07 #3
Saint The_hawk is not an Americanized Christian. Most Christians of the founding generation and since have faithfully absorbed the revolutionary concept of separation of individual rational conscience and/or religion and state.

Saint The_hawk honors not the US Constitution in all its secular glory. This Saint of a Republican honors the King of Kings Jesus Supernatural Constitution called the Holy Bible - the one from Rome. The high law of the Church that the MAGA authoritarian Saint Trvmp holds dear for votes.

Most Americanized Christians would spread Christ’s teachings by example grounded in love. They will not do it through government coercion. Saint The_Hawk is a loveless pro-Government white nationalist Vigano Christian of the least form of spirituality.

But he comes across sadly, thinking he’s so swell.

nf.23.11.07 #33

Last edited:
Wrong on the bolded part. Being a Christian does not mean doing good works or being a "good" person TRYING to earn salvation. Salvation is a gift freely given by G-d to all those who will repent of their sin, and yes, including abortion, and receiving Messiah as Lord, Savior, and especially MASTER over their lives. Part and parcel to that is the NEW BIRTH that Yeshua Himself told Nicodemus in John 3:3-"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of G-d".
Your quote means knowledge of divine things could not be had through man's normal senses... This doesn't mean if you are born again then you will definitely see the kingdom.

So remember the first clause
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them” (Matthew 7:12)

The thing is this straight from Jesus... Not some obscure chapter of the bible...

The Evangelic Christians didn't have a problem with Roe V Wade in 1973... Or 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976... They considered a Catholic Issue... They only took it on when they found it as a wedge issue...

It is being used as a way for those Churches to hold power...

They found a pastor of something called "The United Church of Christ" that admits to being a liberal (left wing) congregation and guess what, he hates republicans. For some reason lefties think this is important political news while the freaking world is in chaos and the U.S. is led by a doddering old fool. Things must be getting desperate on the left.

theHawk said: Or the women can learn to become responsible adults and not get pregnant every time they spread their legs for some Chad that has no intentions of helping raise the child. thvhwk.17.10.09 #33
theHawk said: “Really? Where in the Bible does it say abortion is okay?” thvhwk.23.11.07 #3
#15 BULLDOG said: “Where does it say abortion is denied”bvlldvg.23.11.07 #15 to thvhwk.23.11.07 #3
Saint The_hawk is not an Americanized Christian. Most Christians of the founding generation and since have faithfully absorbed the revolutionary concept of separation of individual rational conscience and/or religion and state.

Saint The_hawk honors not the US Constitution in all its secular glory. This Saint of a Republican honors the King of Kings Jesus Supernatural Constitution called the Holy Bible - the one from Rome. The high law of the Church that the MAGA authoritarian Saint Trvmp holds dear for votes.

Most Americanized Christians would spread Christ’s teachings by example grounded in love. They will not do it through government coercion. Saint The_Hawk is a loveless pro-Government white nationalist Vigano Christian of the least form of spirituality.

But he comes across sadly, thinking he’s so swell.

nf.23.11.07 #33
I can love someone and tell them they are killing a human being with abortion!

Forum List

Back