Rasputin

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Was he truly a weirdo Manson type master manipulator, or just used by people because of a weak leader?

Your thoughts?

Next question is more interesting: why in the West Rasputin is so popular? What is the cult of him? He was only one of the many peasants, which had influence on russian government during the history. Other ones you could find among so-called ''fools for Christ" (don't know how it spells exactly). By the way russian temple on red square is named among people after Vasiliy Blazhenniy, who was 'fool for Christ' as well.

As for me, Rasputin pretended to be like some of "fools", but actually was not.

I dunno if westerners find him popular. I was watching a movie and Rasputin was the bad guy. Which made me wiki him, which in turn led me to post it here as a possible topic. Or not.

If the history of Rasputin is accurate, he did have uncanny abilities. I was impressed by his ability to successfully treat hemophilia in a time when doctors had no clue as to how to treat it. It was that gift that brought him favor in the royal Tsar family when he was summoned to help save their adolescent son's life. Rasputin was the last hope and he did something that worked; something that all the doctors at the royal family's disposal could not do. Being a skeptic and a student of empiricism I scanned every paragraph for some rational explanation as to why this uneducated peasant was able to do heal that child. I found nothing .

I can only describe Rasputin's talents as gifts. He was also an opportunist; and, it seems that he, being in the right place at the right time, was able to use his gifts to exert tremendous influence over the Tsars and subsequently over their subjects.

Eventually he made enemies who assassinated him with extreme prejudice and brutality. after several other attempts failed. He was a hard man to kill by some accounts...which lends even more of a mystical aurora to the man.

If the history of Rasputin is accurate, he did have uncanny abilities. I was impressed by his ability to successfully treat hemophilia in a time when doctors had no clue as to how to treat it. It was that gift that brought him favor in the royal Tsar family when he was summoned to help save their adolescent son's life. Rasputin was the last hope and he did something that worked; something that all the doctors at the royal family's disposal could not do. Being a skeptic and a student of empiricism I scanned every paragraph for some rational explanation as to why this uneducated peasant was able to do heal that child. I found nothing .

I can only describe Rasputin's talents as gifts. He was also an opportunist; and, it seems that he, being in the right place at the right time, was able to use his gifts to exert tremendous influence over the Tsars and subsequently over their subjects.

Eventually he made enemies who assassinated him with extreme prejudice and brutality. after several other attempts failed. He was a hard man to kill by some accounts...which lends even more of a mystical aurora to the man.

When I wrote the above it was late and I had too much cheese and wine. If you are a stickler for spelling, the word aurora should be replaced by the word aura.

Forum List

Back