Rape Does Not Justify Abortion. Or does it?

You don’t respect my reason, my rape, my abortion, and I guarantee you there are other women who should stand up with me and be courageous enough to speak that voice. What you’re doing is so fundamentally inhuman, unconstitutional, and I’ve sat here too long. I dare any one of you to judge me, because there’s only one judge I’m going to face.

Rape Does Not Justify Abortion

I am not a big fan of covering my thoughts on politics with people's worst experiences but this time I cannot remain silent. Do you know what rape is? Some of you know, some of you believe they know, but very few experienced it in real life. My ex-girlfriend once told me a story from her past. It took her two and a half years to disembosom. She was 16, randomly grabbed by a group of unknown thugs, raped in the car and then thrown out like a used condom. She was shivering while telling the story though 7 years passed since then.
So I have the only question to ask you. Do we have a right to force woman into giving birth to a child who was conceived that way?

Rape is one of the very few things that absolutely excuses abortion. Bad enough being raped, but being forced to carry your rapist's baby is medieval.
Only the death of the mother is justifiable to allow abortion, not inconvenience. , otherwise deal with it and put up for adoption if she can't handle it.

No. Forcing her to carry a rapists' child is barbaric.
And murdering an unborn baby who is innocent isn't barbaric?

Have to balance that with declaring open season on women. If a woman can't choose to abort her attacker's baby women become second-class citizens instantly. Can very easily subjugate women just keeping em pregnant. Bye-bye place in the professional world. They're back to being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.
You're over-reacting. Nobody is enslaving women. I know it's a tough break for the ladies, but nature made them to bare babies. Deal with it.

It is a hard choice to make but still you have to do something. Imagine the life of a kid who is hated by his mother because she knows how he managed to draw the first breath. Maternity is supposed to be about love and care. And when it involves so much stress and suffering there is nothing good awaiting the child in the future.
So a two year old who is hated by its mother can kill it. Gotcha! No difference.

As a fact of Constitutional law an embryo/fetus is not a 'baby,' where it's ignorant idiocy to refer to abortion as 'murder.'

If you believe an embryo/fetus is a 'baby,' then don't have an abortion.

The opportunity to terminate a pregnancy is a justifiable right, rape or not.

That's as immoral and sick as the mid-nineteenth century claim that slavery was a divine right and that blacks were best suited for slavery.

Do you know anything about the development of the baby in the womb, how after just 4-5 weeks the baby has his own blood supply, a heartbeat, brain waves, and clearly visible human form, and how at conception the fetus has all the genetic information that any grown person has? Do you care?

The baby is not "part of the woman's body." He or she is "in" the woman's body; they are not an extra organ or piece of tissue.
And you have every right to believe what you want, and make personal decisions concerning your private life based on that belief absent unwarranted interference from the state; just as a woman has the right to end her pregnancy based on her beliefs, beliefs just as valid as yours, and just as immune from attack by the state.

It is a hard choice to make but still you have to do something. Imagine the life of a kid who is hated by his mother because she knows how he managed to draw the first breath. Maternity is supposed to be about love and care. And when it involves so much stress and suffering there is nothing good awaiting the child in the future.
And because it's such a difficult choice, the Constitution wisely leaves that decision up to each individual, to act in accordance with his own good faith and good conscience.

The answer to progressives for rape is of course kill the innocent baby...... Fucking sick.
What's your answer, sage?
Punish the rapist not the innocent...
While you also seek to punish the victim, the woman who was raped, by compelling her to have a child against her will, in violation of the Constitution and its case law.
Punish? Not killing a innocent baby is punishment? You are a sad evil man

So a two year old who is hated by its mother can kill it. Gotcha! No difference.

Your words prove you are the one living in the XIX century and being barbaric.
First, women are not created by the nature to bear babies. They can do it but still it is up to woman to decide what's the purpose of her life. And just for few of them giving birth to a child is the ultimate goal.
Second, providing religious justification to your own words doesn't mean you sound persuasively. There are a lot of people, who share your views and who believe using religion as a tool in political debates is nonsense.

The child isnt innocent.

It has mental illness in its genes. And will never even know it existed.
It will in heaven know it was terminated brutally with its limbs torn apart and brain smashed.
limbs torn apart and brain smashed?

its not got limbs the day after the woman's been raped bro

First, women are not created by the nature to bear babies. They can do it but still it is up to woman to decide what's the purpose of her life. And just for few of them giving birth to a child is the ultimate goal.
Second, providing religious justification to your own words doesn't mean you sound persuasively. There are a lot of people, who share your views and who believe using religion as a tool in political debates is nonsense.
So men bear babies?

[emoji23]

So men bear babies?

[emoji23]

What a beautiful and witty joke!

The answer to progressives for rape is of course kill the innocent baby...... Fucking sick.
What's your answer, sage?
Punish the rapist not the innocent...
While you also seek to punish the victim, the woman who was raped, by compelling her to have a child against her will, in violation of the Constitution and its case law.
Punish? Not killing a innocent baby is punishment? You are a sad evil man
Given you'd use the authority of the state to compel a woman to give birth against her will in violation of her right to privacy, compel her to give birth to the child of her rapist, you're clearly in no position to pass judgment on anyone else.

No, rape does not ‘justify’ abortion. That has to be one of the more asinine concepts of late. You do not kill innocents because another committed a crime. Those that are prolife need to deal with that reality.
That said, abortion is legal and requires no justification and I do not believe that the state should have the ability to remove the basic rights you have to control your own body even during pregnancy. I understand and agree with limitations on term – at some point the life of the child becomes an issue and requires protection as well but rape has nothing to do with that fact as you do not wait until the third trimester to abort a baby because of rape.

Forum List

Back