Rape Does Not Justify Abortion. Or does it?

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
You don’t respect my reason, my rape, my abortion, and I guarantee you there are other women who should stand up with me and be courageous enough to speak that voice. What you’re doing is so fundamentally inhuman, unconstitutional, and I’ve sat here too long. I dare any one of you to judge me, because there’s only one judge I’m going to face.

Rape Does Not Justify Abortion

I am not a big fan of covering my thoughts on politics with people's worst experiences but this time I cannot remain silent. Do you know what rape is? Some of you know, some of you believe they know, but very few experienced it in real life. My ex-girlfriend once told me a story from her past. It took her two and a half years to disembosom. She was 16, randomly grabbed by a group of unknown thugs, raped in the car and then thrown out like a used condom. She was shivering while telling the story though 7 years passed since then.
So I have the only question to ask you. Do we have a right to force woman into giving birth to a child who was conceived that way?

No. Forcing her to carry a rapists' child is barbaric.

• Thanks
Reactions: -S-
There is never justification for forcing a woman to reproduce. But since there never a need for a woman to "justify" abortion, its a moot question.

As for rape, there are places that force a woman to allow her rapist to contact with the child.

Why is this in Politics?

Last edited:
I think it's shaky ground for any man to presume to tell a rape victim that she must carry the baby to birth. I understand the point that the baby can't help how he or she was conceived and that killing the baby is unfair to the baby. Many rape victims do choose to carry their baby to term, but for some rape victims this is just too emotionally painful and disturbing, and I believe we should respect their decision. If a rape victim says she truly cannot handle giving birth to the product of her abuse, I think she should be allowed to get an abortion.

I do think that each pregnant rape victim should be kindly and lovingly counseled about the adoption alternative and about the development of the baby in the womb, but in the end I think it should be her decision.

Let's keep in mind, too, that abortions due to rape account for only about 1-2% of all abortions.

You don’t respect my reason, my rape, my abortion, and I guarantee you there are other women who should stand up with me and be courageous enough to speak that voice. What you’re doing is so fundamentally inhuman, unconstitutional, and I’ve sat here too long. I dare any one of you to judge me, because there’s only one judge I’m going to face.

Rape Does Not Justify Abortion

I am not a big fan of covering my thoughts on politics with people's worst experiences but this time I cannot remain silent. Do you know what rape is? Some of you know, some of you believe they know, but very few experienced it in real life. My ex-girlfriend once told me a story from her past. It took her two and a half years to disembosom. She was 16, randomly grabbed by a group of unknown thugs, raped in the car and then thrown out like a used condom. She was shivering while telling the story though 7 years passed since then.
So I have the only question to ask you. Do we have a right to force woman into giving birth to a child who was conceived that way?

Rape is one of the very few things that absolutely excuses abortion. Bad enough being raped, but being forced to carry your rapist's baby is medieval.

And murdering an unborn baby who is innocent isn't barbaric?

Have to balance that with declaring open season on women. If a woman can't choose to abort her attacker's baby women become second-class citizens instantly. Can very easily subjugate women just keeping em pregnant. Bye-bye place in the professional world. They're back to being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

The opportunity to terminate a pregnancy is a justifiable right, rape or not.

That's as immoral and sick as the mid-nineteenth century claim that slavery was a divine right and that blacks were best suited for slavery.

Do you know anything about the development of the baby in the womb, how after just 4-5 weeks the baby has his own blood supply, a heartbeat, brain waves, and clearly visible human form, and how at conception the fetus has all the genetic information that any grown person has? Do you care?

The baby is not "part of the woman's body." He or she is "in" the woman's body; they are not an extra organ or piece of tissue.

And murdering an unborn baby who is innocent isn't barbaric?

It is a hard choice to make but still you have to do something. Imagine the life of a kid who is hated by his mother because she knows how he managed to draw the first breath. Maternity is supposed to be about love and care. And when it involves so much stress and suffering there is nothing good awaiting the child in the future.

The opportunity to terminate a pregnancy is a justifiable right, rape or not.

That's as immoral and sick as the mid-nineteenth century claim that slavery was a divine right and that blacks were best suited for slavery.

Do you know anything about the development of the baby in the womb, how after just 4-5 weeks the baby has his own blood supply, a heartbeat, brain waves, and clearly visible human form, and how at conception the fetus has all the genetic information that any grown person has? Do you care?

The baby is not "part of the woman's body." He or she is "in" the woman's body; they are not an extra organ or piece of tissue.

We are not talking about regular abortions in this thread. What's your opinion on rape induced abortions? Don't you think it is immoral and sick to force a woman into giving birth to a child whose father she detests and disrespects? Quite a XIX century custom inspired by divinity of pregnancy - just like in the example you mentioned.

What does "disembosom" mean? Most pro lifers would go along with abortion if it was limited to rape victims. Isn't it possible that the psychological impact of maybe being forced by a boyfriend to hire someone to kill her unborn baby is traumatic life changing experience to a woman or a girl that also requires years of therapy?

Of course not. So long as she is willing to press charges against her assailant and assist in the investigation and prosecution of the crime.

Forum List

Back