Rape and Violence: Should Australia be ashamed?

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Police in Alice Springs have arrested and charged four men in relation to the alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old woman last week.

They say the woman was walking near the tourist information bay on the Stuart Highway last Tuesday night when the incident occurred.

Detective Superintendent Brent Warren said four men aged 22, 21, 20 and 18 years were arrested late last week and charged.

“The 18-year-old man also had two outstanding arrest warrants for two previous sexual assaults, which occurred in February 2013 and November 2012," he said.

Det Supt Warren said all four had been charged with sexual intercourse without consent, and had been remanded to appear in court today.

Four men arrested for alleged rape - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Police in Alice Springs have arrested and charged four men in relation to the alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old woman last week.

They say the woman was walking near the tourist information bay on the Stuart Highway last Tuesday night when the incident occurred.

Detective Superintendent Brent Warren said four men aged 22, 21, 20 and 18 years were arrested late last week and charged.

“The 18-year-old man also had two outstanding arrest warrants for two previous sexual assaults, which occurred in February 2013 and November 2012," he said.

Det Supt Warren said all four had been charged with sexual intercourse without consent, and had been remanded to appear in court today.

Four men arrested for alleged rape - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Rape and Violence: Should Australia be ashamed?

#####

NO.
The violent and rapists should be ashamed.
Women walking alone on highways, or anywhere [especially at night] are 'sitting ducks'...it's a very bad idea.

There are rapes in other places but the problem is that Australia is very high on the index. According to the UN statistics for 2011, Australia/New Zealand had 25.2 rapes per 100,000 people.

Give your daughters mace and a pocket knife.

Make sure to own a shotgun in case those things fail.

My advice to Australian fathers.

Illegal.

Don't walk down a dark alley by yourself at night, don't turn away from your drink, don't get drunk on a night out, stay in a group if partying at night, get a taxi home instead of walking, don't go home with strangers.

Might sound sexist, but you can do a lot to prevent a rape.

Illegal.

Don't walk down a dark alley by yourself at night, don't turn away from your drink, don't get drunk on a night out, stay in a group if partying at night, get a taxi home instead of walking, don't go home with strangers.

Illegal in Australia?

If so that's a big part of the problem.

Illegal.

Illegal in Australia?

Just like England, since the banning of firearms, Australia's violent crime rate has skyrocketed

Illegal.

Illegal in Australia?

Just like England, since the banning of firearms, Australia's violent crime rate has skyrocketed

By the way, I was looking at the rape index for England and Wales. Lord! That is extremely high for a population of only 53 or so millions. It seems like 95K women get raped there every year according to UN statistics.

Illegal in Australia?

By the way, I was looking at the rape index for England and Wales. Lord! That is extremely high for a population of only 53 or so millions. It seems like 95K women get raped there every year according to UN statistics.
That IS hard to believe, especially when I look at some of their women.

Do you live in Australia?

For the last 30 years and one day, yes.

I hope to visit there one day.

But I wish you all were allowed to offer your daughters better protection than "try do avoid dangerous places."

I agree. I don't not support the carrying of guns, but I am fine with mace and pocket knives for protection. People do need some form of protection, and I think we have forgotten that.

For the last 30 years and one day, yes.

I hope to visit there one day.

But I wish you all were allowed to offer your daughters better protection than "try do avoid dangerous places."

I agree. I don't not support the carrying of guns, but I am fine with mace and pocket knives for protection. People do need some form of protection, and I think we have forgotten that.
Don't rely on mace. The only thing it will do is piss off your attacker. A knife can be taken away from you. Too bad you're not allowed to carry guns. Better stay home.

Forum List

Back