The Condemned - Indonesia

bianco

VIP Member
Aug 23, 2013
Sydney, Australia
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GL042bOoSU]The Condemned - Indonesia - YouTube[/ame]

Aussie boys Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran...on death row in Bali/Indonesia.
All their appeals have failed, and they await execution-shredding by Muslim Indonesia's firing squad.

Andrew Chan is now a Christian...mentored by the Salvation Army [no judgment].

So it's 'Onward Christian Soldiers, marching as to war'.

On execution-shredding day most of Christian Australia will be 'singing' the uptempo version of The Battle Hymn of The Republic;

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
Since God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

Hatred of Indonesia will be white-hot.
Make no mistake.

Indonesia is as corrupt a country there is, but those boys know what they did wrong, and while I disagree with the punishment, they have to abide by the laws of that country.

Indonesia is as corrupt a country there is

No it isn't.

It is quite a corrupt country, ranking #118 in the world (out of 174) but it is improving steadily.

2012 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

I have to say that I think Indonesia is a very developed country in every sense of the world.

Make no mistake.

Nonsense - your hatred of Muslims may lead you to backing drug dealers, but I doubt many Australians will shed any tears over these losers.

If people want to ship drugs in or out of Indonesia, they are taking a risk and that is their choice.

After all - it's not like the US uses the death penalty, does it?!

Last edited:

No it isn't.

It is quite a corrupt country, ranking #118 in the world (out of 174) but it is improving steadily.

I have to say that I think Indonesia is a very developed country in every sense of the world.

Make no mistake.

Nonsense - your hatred of Muslims may lead you to backing drug dealers, but I doubt many Australians will shed any tears over these losers.

If people want to ship drugs in or out of Indonesia, they are taking a risk and that is their choice.

No backing of drug dealers, but Indonesia should be abolishing death sentences, if it wants to live in the civilised world.
If it wants to continue with its barbaric punishments then it can expect repercussions for its actions.
Many Australians will be shedding 'tears' and be forever angry over the horrors to be inflicted on these 'Sons of the Southern Cross'
and their families on execution-shredding day.
...including many in the federal govt.

Indonesia[/ns] thinks it's bad now['hatred' of them]...wait til they drag Andrew and Myuran from their cells to the outdoor death chamber.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/yudhoyono-calls-for-change-20100310-pze1.html

Yudhoyono calls for change

Indonesia's President has broken out of the polite ceremonials of a state visit to Australia to tell us bluntly the central problem with the relationship.

It is the old ideas we each carry in our heads about the other, according to Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. He's right.

The official relationship is the best it has been in its 60-year history. But Yudhoyono was looking to reach beyond, to speak to the people of both countries, to look for a transformation.

He railed against ''the persistence of age-old stereotypes''. And he accurately summed them up.

Yudhoyono pointed out that some Australians still see Indonesia as a military threat or a hotbed of Islamic extremism.

#####

They certainly do, why wouldn't they?

And in Indonesia, said Yudhoyono, ''Australiaphobes'' harboured their own set of conspiracy theories. White Australia remained alive, and Australia supported the break-up of Indonesia.

''We must expunge these preposterous mental caricatures,'' said Yudhoyono, universally known as SBY.

It is because the two peoples know so little about each other, because dark suspicions still linger, that the relationship falls easy prey to a mishap or piece of bad news.

#####

What, like execution-shredding two Aussie boys?
That'll have the relationship doing more than 'falls easy prey'...it'll have it falling off a huge cliff and smashing to pieces on the rocks below, never to be seen again.

Last edited:
Singapore is not muslim, and they execute drug trafficers.

They do...barbaric.

Aussie PM said so...told Malaysia straight up...they got offended.

Barlow and Chambers execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke made a passionate plea for a stay of execution on behalf of the two men.

Hawke later described the hanging as "barbaric", a remark which chilled Australian relations with Malaysia.[23] Relations between the two nations were reportedly affected for a decade afterwards.[24

Singapore...same deal...cane flogs men [not women, sexist too]...and hangs convicteds.

Hanging protests sweep nation - National - smh.com.au

Hanging protests sweep nation

The body of executed Australian drug trafficker Nguyen Tuong Van has been taken away from Singapore's Changi Prison a little over four hours after he was hanged.

The 25-year-old's life and death were marked with vigils, tears and a groundswell of protest in Australian cities and neighbouring countries today.

The Melbourne church where Nguyen went to school tolled its bell 25 times - once for every year of his life.

His funeral will be held at St Patrick's Cathedral in Melbourne next week.

In Singapore and in cities across Australia, there were protest vigils to mark the first execution of an Australian since Michael McAuliffe in Malaysia in 1993.

Their crime definitely does not warrant death penalty. Sovereign rights of a nation does not include free license to execute people. Indonesia has right to imprison them but executing them is wrong and is a violation of human rights. Australia would be justified if it chooses to take military action against Indonesia.

Their crime definitely does not warrant death penalty. Sovereign rights of a nation does not include free license to execute people. Indonesia has right to imprison them but executing them is wrong and is a violation of human rights. Australia would be justified if it chooses to take military action against Indonesia.

Indonesia has the world's 14th largest military...Australia ranked 26th.

Won't be any military action...but there will be white-hot hatred and all that might entail.

^ Might is right is one of the saddest realities of this world. However, I think if Australian government really wants to escalate, it will have the support of major commonwealth countries like UK, Canada, etc. In addition, the US should also pitch in because Aussies have been a loyal ally of the US.

Australia does not have an army of any significance but Australian navy and airforce is far superior to its Indonesian counterparts. But the most important question is: Is there a public outrage in Australia against Indonesia?

There will be public outrage in Australia against Indonesia if it execution-shreds Chan and Sukumaran.

I can picture the lead up days to death chamber day
The tv cameras focused on their two moms and Sukumaran's sister and brother as their tears flow and there is horror in their faces.

The no1 radio host attacking Indonesia with gusto.
Radio callers lining up to attack Indonesia unmercifully...calling for revenge, all foreign aid to stop etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were truckloads of racial slurs against Indonesia flying everywhere as the white-hot hatred abounds...angry people say angry things.
Any insults to hurt Indonesia/Indonesians there will be, nothing more certain.
Anything and everything.
Many expletives placed before "Indonesia/Indonesians [who elect the govt and approve of its policies] there will likely be...which will always be there in the future.

So far Indonesia is not listening.
There will be no going back for Indonesia...they will have burnt the goodwill to ashes.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2005/...Indonesians-March-for-Schapelle-Corby-to-Die

Indonesians March for Schapelle Corby to Die

#####

You give them help after the tsunami and earthquakes, you give them money by the billions, you give them clean water, you give them food, clothing, furniture etc...and next minute they're marching in the streets for your children to die, with a huge banner reading "Corby, Drug Dealers Must Die!!!"

Baaah!

Last edited:
No backing of drug dealers, but Indonesia should be abolishing death sentences, if it wants to live in the civilised world.

Ah, like the US?

Can you link us to any threads you have made on that topic?

Do you really think many people in Australia support the rights of drug dealers anywhere in the world?

There will be public outrage in Australia against Indonesia if it execution-shreds Chan and Sukumaran.

I can picture the lead up days to death chamber day
The tv cameras focused on their two moms and Sukumaran's sister and brother as their tears flow and there is horror in their faces.

The no1 radio host attacking Indonesia with gusto.
Radio callers lining up to attack Indonesia unmercifully...calling for revenge, all foreign aid to stop etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were truckloads of racial slurs against Indonesia flying everywhere as the white-hot hatred abounds...angry people say angry things.
Any insults to hurt Indonesia/Indonesians there will be, nothing more certain.
Anything and everything.
Many expletives placed before "Indonesia/Indonesians [who elect the govt and approve of its policies] there will likely be...which will always be there in the future.

So far Indonesia is not listening.
There will be no going back for Indonesia...they will have burnt the goodwill to ashes.

This reads like a Nazi wet dream, circa 1934.

Dude, Australia is not Nazi Germany, and choosing drug dealers as your rallying point is not helping your cause one little bit.

No it isn't.

Make no mistake.

Only if a capital crime is the charge. Drug smuggling is not a capital crime. Not every state in the US enforces the death penalty.

Last edited:

So executing drug dealers is illegal, but taking military action against a sovereign state is legal?

Interesting.

I never donated any money after the tsunami and I am glad I didn't. I would have asked for my donation back. I don't buy anything made in Indonesia, I don't support that country in any way. I hate the fact we bend over backwards for them, and give them billions in aid and they trump up bogus charges against one of our own.

So executing drug dealers is illegal, but taking military action against a sovereign state is legal?

Interesting.

not one in the same.

Indonesia's propensity towards human rights violations has to be noted and some actions have to be taken against that country. I completely support Australia if it chooses to take military action against Indonesia to prevent human rights violations of its citizens. Charges against Myuran Sukumaran particularly do not look convincing.

Indonesia's propensity towards human rights violations has to be noted and some actions have to be taken against that country. I completely support Australia if it chooses to take military action against Indonesia to prevent human rights violations of its citizens. Charges against Myuran Sukumaran particularly do not look convincing.

So you would choose a country with an average record of human rights to attack, as opposed to one with a much, much worse record of human rights abuses - such as PNG?

Do you know how many Australians have been raped in PNG, for example?

So you would choose a country with an average record of human rights to attack, as opposed to one with a much, much worse record of human rights abuses - such as PNG?

Do you know how many Australians have been raped in PNG, for example?

Our government doesn't care about PNG - they want to send asylum seekers over there to live.

Australian government has callous attitude towards human rights. I hope this will change with the advent of new administration.

Forum List

Back