Rangel Giving Up Ways & Means

If the average citizen, working for the average company, had done half of the things Charlie has done, he would be imprisoned. Rangel is not the only one, just careless enough to get noticed. Arrogance of power.

Another one under the bus.

But real problem facing Americans is a verifiable bunch of flat out liars and crooks in the both sides of Congress and with Obama in WH being the biggest liar of all.

Voluntarily? He's a class act. I think of all those GOP crooks like Senator Stevens, Delay, Nixon...

Depends on what you mean by 'voluntary.' :lol: Certainly not his day:
Charlie is a great man and great patriot who fought and bled for the nation he loves.

Charlie, has become corrupted by great power. Not saying he is corrupt, but his actions leave much to be desired.

We've seen it before, and we'll see it again.

Unlike many, Charlie is admired and respected by all sides in Washington.

a sad day

D.[/QUOTE]

Why anyone would respect an admire anyone who has done any form of corruption while working for our government is beyond me. That any of them ,(Repubs and Dems), are able to keep their jobs makes every day sad. The fact that tax cheat Tim Geithner was appointed head of the IRS too is sad.

Charlie is a great man and great patriot who fought and bled for the nation he loves.

Charlie, has become corrupted by great power. Not saying he is corrupt, but his actions leave much to be desired.

We've seen it before, and we'll see it again.

Unlike many, Charlie is admired and respected by all sides in Washington.

a sad day

D.

People arent corrupted by power. They are corrupt and it becomes more obvious when they have power.

The man is corrupt, dishonest, and a thief.

But oddly enough, Im not too surprised you respect and admire the man.

Not like he had a choice, that was becoming more than obvious:

Rangel To Give Up Chairmanship On Ways And Means Committee, NBC Reports

First Posted: 03- 2-10 07:47 PM | Updated: 03- 2-10 08:00 PM

Representative Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) will voluntarily give up his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, according to a Tweet by MSNBC's Chuck Todd. The move could come as early as Tuesday night.

Todd also reports (via Twitter) that Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) will temporarily takeover the committee.

A House ethics panel

I'll believe it when I see it. For now, color me doubtful.

Not like he had a choice, that was becoming more than obvious:

First Posted: 03- 2-10 07:47 PM | Updated: 03- 2-10 08:00 PM

Representative Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) will voluntarily give up his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, according to a Tweet by MSNBC's Chuck Todd. The move could come as early as Tuesday night.

Todd also reports (via Twitter) that Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) will temporarily takeover the committee.

A House ethics panel

Voluntarily? He's a class act. I think of all those GOP crooks like Senator Stevens, Delay, Nixon...

What worries me is that you probably actually believe that. 'Our crooks aren't as bad as your crooks'.... my God, what kind of country have we become.

When she came to power Pelosi said she would run the most ethical Congress in History. Yeah Right. She would "Drain the Swamp". Hmmm Guess the water is a little slow going down the damned drain.

If Rangel weren't a member of Congress I daresay he would be in jail for some of the bs he's pulled. You and I sure would be.

Both parties are far from ethical. Just goes to show. Power does corrupt.

Rangel stepping down from tax-writing chairmanship

By LARRY MARGASAK
Associated Press Writer Mar 3, 9:26 AM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Rep. Charles Rangel announced Wednesday he will temporarily step down as chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, saying he didn't want his ethics controversy to jeopardize election prospects for fellow Democrats.

The 20-term Harlem congressman held a news conference on short notice, telling reporters, "My chairmanship is bringing so much attention to the press, and in order to avoid my colleagues having to defend me during their elections, I have this morning sent a letter" asking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "to grant me a leave of absence until such time as the ethics committee completes its work."

---

This is just Tragic... :lol:

And of course, LONG Overdue.

Who's Next?

And yes, I Know... I Know... He's not "Guilty" of anything... Yet.

But he's Certainly Acting Guilty.

Wonder if the, "Need to Spend More Time..." Speech is coming Soon?

:)

peace...

And Democratic incumbents facing tough races didn't want to fend off a Republican campaign focusing on Rangel's ethical cloud, especially after Pelosi, D-Calif., had promised to drain the swamp of ethical problems that plagued Republicans when they ran the House.

---

I Told ya... We shoulda thrown Rangel... Under... the Bus.

peace...

And Democratic incumbents facing tough races didn't want to fend off a Republican campaign focusing on Rangel's ethical cloud, especially after Pelosi, D-Calif., had promised to drain the swamp of ethical problems that plagued Republicans when they ran the House.

---

I Told ya... We shoulda thrown Rangel... Under... the Bus.

peace...

I dont know. Who better to write tax law then a famous tax cheat?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
40 years in Congress? I don't think party matters. Mother Teresa would probably be taking bribes and cheating on taxes at the 40-year mark in that cesspit. Time to send fresh meat to the grinder.

40 years in Congress? I don't think party matters. Mother Teresa would probably be taking bribes and cheating on taxes at the 40-year mark in that cesspit. Time to send fresh meat to the grinder.

wall_-_into_grinder_crop.jpg

peace...

Forum List

Back