Rangel Giving Up Ways & Means

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Not like he had a choice, that was becoming more than obvious:

Rangel To Give Up Chairmanship On Ways And Means Committee, NBC Reports

First Posted: 03- 2-10 07:47 PM | Updated: 03- 2-10 08:00 PM

Representative Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) will voluntarily give up his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, according to a Tweet by MSNBC's Chuck Todd. The move could come as early as Tuesday night.

Todd also reports (via Twitter) that Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) will temporarily takeover the committee.

A House ethics panel

Pelosi had no real choice in the matter. She has been laying on the "most ethical" line for ages, and the fact he has gone on so long as he has was going to be a big deal in the next election.

She probably saved about 10 seats by doing this.

If this were a just world Rangle would be wearing an orange jump suit and passing out magazines to his fellow inmates at Leavenworth Penitentiary. Nancy Pelosi would be selling braziers on 5Th ave. Biden would be in a straight jacket. Obama would be back in his nation of birth, and Reid would be in jail for lifting his raincoat in front of school children.
Way to go Dems, but I thank you for electing a bunch of lying, cheating, thieving, selfish, light weights to lead your dieing party.

Representative Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) will voluntarily give up his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, according to a Tweet by MSNBC's Chuck Todd. The move could come as early as Tuesday night.

Todd also reports (via Twitter) that Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) will temporarily takeover the committee.

A House ethics panel

Voluntarily? He's a class act. I think of all those GOP crooks like Senator Stevens, Delay, Nixon...

If this were a just world Rangle would be wearing an orange jump suit and passing out magazines to his fellow inmates at Leavenworth Penitentiary. Nancy Pelosi would be selling braziers on 5Th ave. Biden would be in a straight jacket. Obama would be back in his nation of birth, and Reid would be in jail for lifting his raincoat in front of school children.
Way to go Dems, but I thank you for electing a bunch of lying, cheating, thieving, selfish, light weights to lead your dieing party.

And if it was a just world, you wouldn't be allowed around sharp objects.

And to think our government put an M40 in my hand to defend your wimpy butt.

A House ethics panel

Voluntarily? He's a class act. I think of all those GOP crooks like Senator Stevens, Delay, Nixon...

Depends on what you mean by 'voluntary.' :lol: Certainly not his day:

http://news.google.com/news?client=...eans&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

Republicans Plan to Try to Strip Rangel of Gavel Wednesday
FOXNews (blog) - ‎1 hour ago‎

Charlie Rangel (D-NY) of his chairmanship of the powerful Ways and Means Committee. Late last week, the House Ethics Committee “admonished” Rangel for ...

Newer House Dems under pressure on Rangel Washington Post (blog)
Rangel Giving Up the Gavel NBC New York

Fla. Dem Makes Rangel a Campaign Issue » New York Daily News (blog)
Politico - Roll Call (subscription)

all 1,230 news articles »

Fellow Black Caucus Member Calls for Rangel to Quit House Leadership Post
FOXNews - Chad Pergram - ‎17 minutes ago‎

Charlie Rangel, DN.Y., step down as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee

Rep. Artur Davis, D-Ala., became the first member of the Congressional ...

Huffington Post (blog) - ‎22 minutes ago‎

Representative Charlie Rangel (DN.Y.) will voluntarily give up his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, according to a Tweet by MSNBC's Chuck Todd. ...

Rangel to give up tax committee chairmanship
msnbc.com - Chuck Todd, Luke Russert - ‎21 minutes ago‎

Artur Davis of Alabama, a member of the Ways and Means Committee and the Congressional Black Caucus, said that Rangel should "should do the right thing and ...

Congressional Black Caucus Objects to Rangel's Removal
Human Events (blog) - Connie Hair - ‎10 hours ago‎

And to think our government put an M40 in my hand to defend your wimpy butt.

Good thing they came to their senses and took it back.

A House ethics panel

you think Rangel is a class act? That explains a lot..

[/QUOTE]
Charlie is a great man and great patriot who fought and bled for the nation he loves.

Charlie, has become corrupted by great power. Not saying he is corrupt, but his actions leave much to be desired.

We've seen it before, and we'll see it again.

Unlike many, Charlie is admired and respected by all sides in Washington.

a sad day

D.

Charlie is a great man and great patriot who fought and bled for the nation he loves.

Charlie, has become corrupted by great power. Not saying he is corrupt, but his actions leave much to be desired.

a sad day

D.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a bit sad.. nary a bit. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yup, we should send Obama back to his nation of birth.

OK, he's in his nation of birth. Oh, look, it has 50 states, a national capital in the mid-atlantic, three branches of government, a Declaration of Independence, and a Constitution ratified by 13 colonies. There's this guy who is its "Father," his name is...James Madison, if I recall?

His home country sounds awesome!

Last edited:

a sad day

D.

I'm not a bit sad.. nary a bit. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Forum List

Back