Rand Paul wants to increase defense spending now that he's running for President

a lot of Republican-lites (libertarians) posting in this thread. :eusa_think: NEWSFLASH!!! You people aren't libertarians if you vote Repub. You're welcome :)

Are there any REAL libertarians on this board as opposed to Repub fluffers? :doubt:
Newsflash: You don't get to say who is or isn't a libertarian when you can't differentiate between party and ideology. There are libertarian Republicans, just as there are conservative Republicans. There are also libertarian Democrats. There are some of us who aren't members of any political party, but voting for a libertarian Republican, like Ron Paul, doesn't mean you're not a libertarian.

I'm not a member of any party kool aid boi. Any other misconceptions I can clear up for you kiddo?

Your mindlessly intoning the Democratic party line on every issue then saying you don't is irrelevant. And you're doing it here in a thread the Democrats are the same. LOL, you are a tool, Chuckie
again you "supposed" libertarians deflecting to Democrats. :banghead: This thread has ZERO to do with Democrats.

back to topic: libertarian candidate who caucuses w/ Repubs cozying-up to the sec/mil. industrial complex trough (taxpayer-financed trough that is :thup: )

Last edited:
kaz "chimes-in" :blahblah: That all you got kiddo? an ad hom?

Repubs and their drone voters falling for this for the last 15 or so yrs:

0mpm.jpg
RqWSfx7.gif
Attack now and worry about consequences later? You mean like Libya? Wasn't that a Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama debacle? How about Yemen? Seems like stupid interventions are bipartisan to me.
please list which military units were deployed on the ground there. I'm not talking about covert ops or spooks either. I'm talking about regular ground troops. I'll wait
And if that were the only consideration then you might have a point. How much money was wasted in Libya? How many innocent lives lost due to the bombing and subsequent civil war and tribal genocide that occurred because the U.S. destabilized the country? What interventions will come from the U.S., meaning more money and more lives wasted, in an attempt to clean up the mess that was caused by the initial interventions? The U.S. attacked those countries with no thought or care to the consequences, and those are Democrats.
money wasted? Compared to vietraq? A pittance. Your point?

BTW- "looking the other way" in re: dictators isn't an attribute. I can't believe I had to tell you that :eusa_doh:
That more money has been wasted elsewhere is irrelevant. Money was wasted in Libya by Democrats, and their intervention has led to genocide and civil war, which is not to mention the innocent lives lost during the actual bombing itself. And Libya is just one example.

Looking the other way in regards to dictators sucks, but it sure beats removing a dictator to open the way for civil war and genocide. How many times does that scenario have to play out? Furthermore, it ignores the fact that plenty of dictators are close personal friends to people like Obama and Hillary. See their moving words about the brutal dictator who just died in Saudi Arabia.
how did we intervene by stepping aside and letting them settle their own affairs? Were you for sending in the marines? You must not be a libertarian.

But you digress. What does that have to do w/ Rand- a self-described libertarian- whom you people can't seem to admit has sold-out selling-out to the Establishment?

I'm not a member of any party kool aid boi. Any other misconceptions I can clear up for you kiddo?

Your mindlessly intoning the Democratic party line on every issue then saying you don't is irrelevant. And you're doing it here in a thread the Democrats are the same. LOL, you are a tool, Chuckie
again you "supposed" libertarians deflecting to Democrats. :banghead: This thread has ZERO to do with Democrats.

back to topic: libertarian candidate who caucuses w/ Repubs cozying-up to the sec/mil. industrial complex trough (taxpayer-financed trough that is :thup: )
You brought Democrats into the discussion when your words implied that they don't do the same things as Republicans.

Attack now and worry about consequences later? You mean like Libya? Wasn't that a Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama debacle? How about Yemen? Seems like stupid interventions are bipartisan to me.
please list which military units were deployed on the ground there. I'm not talking about covert ops or spooks either. I'm talking about regular ground troops. I'll wait
And if that were the only consideration then you might have a point. How much money was wasted in Libya? How many innocent lives lost due to the bombing and subsequent civil war and tribal genocide that occurred because the U.S. destabilized the country? What interventions will come from the U.S., meaning more money and more lives wasted, in an attempt to clean up the mess that was caused by the initial interventions? The U.S. attacked those countries with no thought or care to the consequences, and those are Democrats.
money wasted? Compared to vietraq? A pittance. Your point?

BTW- "looking the other way" in re: dictators isn't an attribute. I can't believe I had to tell you that :eusa_doh:
That more money has been wasted elsewhere is irrelevant. Money was wasted in Libya by Democrats, and their intervention has led to genocide and civil war, which is not to mention the innocent lives lost during the actual bombing itself. And Libya is just one example.

Looking the other way in regards to dictators sucks, but it sure beats removing a dictator to open the way for civil war and genocide. How many times does that scenario have to play out? Furthermore, it ignores the fact that plenty of dictators are close personal friends to people like Obama and Hillary. See their moving words about the brutal dictator who just died in Saudi Arabia.
how did we intervene by stepping aside and letting them settle their own affairs? Were you for sending in the marines? You must not be a libertarian.

But you digress. What does that have to do w/ Rand- a self-described libertarian- whom you people can't seem to admit has sold-out selling-out to the Establishment?
Yes, stepping aside. If you define stepping aside as bombing the country, killing innocent civilians, overthrowing the government, and arming rebel groups that then turned those weapons around on each other and innocent civilians. That's not stepping aside.

Wait, I can't admit Rand is a fraud and sold out? Have you read this thread at all? Do you see who started this thread?

I can't see many former Rand Paul supporters flipping to the dems. That's not to diss anybody. But Rand sort of appealed on colleges to the younger folks who are like those Obama energized in 2008, no electronic spying no war .......

You brought Democrats into the discussion when your words implied that they don't do the same things as Republicans.
ummm..... no. Posts #10 #14 (both rebub apologists BTW) did the "yabut Dems!!!" deflection. I've been spending the last 3-pages trying to get back on-topic.

ummm..... no. Posts #10 #14 (both rebub apologists BTW) did the "yabut Dems!!!" deflection. I've been spending the last 3-pages trying to get back on-topic.
Your exact words:
well he does caucus w/ the party that relies on *cough* "defense" contractors to fill their campaign chests. Aint Citizens United grand rw'ers? :doubt:

Implying that Democrats do not rely on war contractors to fill their campaign chests.

Back on the topic, libertarians and Republicans who supported Rand's father must be wondering (I know I am) what Rand is up to. He's clearly telegraphed his intention to play ball with the party as a path to actually getting nominated. But is he telling the mainstream what they want to hear so he can push for real libertarian goals, or is he suckering libertarians with a wink and a nod? Progressives told themselves Obama was the second coming, and look where it got them.

I can't see many former Rand Paul supporters flipping to the dems. That's not to diss anybody. But Rand sort of appealed on colleges to the younger folks who are like those Obama energized in 2008, no electronic spying no war .......

I'd say I supported Rand early on. I campaigned for his father, and voted for him in the primary. But I've never voted Republican. If Rand keeps spewing the same bullshit he has been lately, that's not likely to change.

Rand Paul wants to increase defense spending now that he's running for President

So?
It makes him a fraud.

So? The left lies their ass off during elections, blatant lies, big whopper lies like "if you like your plan and doctor you can keep them, period". Turn about is fair play don't you think? I'm for using all the lefts slimy gutter tactics, level the playing field.
I hereby appoint you as a platoon leader in the Tu Quoque Brigade of the Two Wrongs Make A Right Winger division. Congratulations!

So?
It makes him a fraud.

So? The left lies their ass off during elections, blatant lies, big whopper lies like "if you like your plan and doctor you can keep them, period". Turn about is fair play don't you think? I'm for using all the lefts slimy gutter tactics, level the playing field.
I hereby appoint you as a platoon leader in the Tu Quoque Brigade of the Two Wrongs Make A Right Winger division. Congratulations!

You just don't like me rubbing your nose in the rotted festering stench of liberal double standards. Get yourself a good long whiff.

Paul wants to cut military spending

Pentagon spending must be on the chopping block in order to reach a bipartisan deal to rein in the national debt, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday.

Speaking on CNN's "State of the Union," Paul rejected calls by Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and other conservatives to keep tax increases on the table. But the freshman senator, a tea party favorite who has repeatedly said he won't compromise on his principles, said that conservatives to need to budge on military spending.

Last fall:

Rand Paul Adjusts Foreign Policy Stance - WSJ
In his earliest days in Congress, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paulstaked out new territory for the GOP when he proposed cutting defense spending by 10% and eliminating foreign aid. "A more restrained foreign policy is the true conservative foreign policy," he said in 2011.

Richard Burt, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations who is advising Mr. Paul, said the U.S. could protect its interests with a smaller defense budget. "What Rand Paul is not doing is engaging in fear mongering as a political device to increase defense spending," Mr. Burt said.

Rand Paul's budget page:

Making matters worse, we continue to send foreign aid to our enemies abroad rather than prioritizing spending here at home. Of all worldwide money expended on militaries and national defense, the United States spends roughly 43 percent of the $1.7 trillion spent in aggregate. To put this into perspective, U.S. spending amounts to nearly 9 times what is spent in the entire Middle East; 6 times that of China; and 12 times what is spent in Russia.

Of that $1.7 trillion, only $38 billion is US foreign aid. Randy makes it sound like it is a lot more.

Your exact words:
well he does caucus w/ the party that relies on *cough* "defense" contractors to fill their campaign chests. Aint Citizens United grand rw'ers? :doubt:

Implying that Democrats do not rely on war contractors to fill their campaign chests.
AFTER the "yabut Dems!!" deflection/s that I noted.

Can we get back on topic now? No REAL libertarian (non-Establishment) candidates available for President.

Rand Paul's budget page:

Making matters worse, we continue to send foreign aid to our enemies abroad rather than prioritizing spending here at home. Of all worldwide money expended on militaries and national defense, the United States spends roughly 43 percent of the $1.7 trillion spent in aggregate. To put this into perspective, U.S. spending amounts to nearly 9 times what is spent in the entire Middle East; 6 times that of China; and 12 times what is spent in Russia.

Of that $1.7 trillion, only $38 billion is US foreign aid. Randy makes it sound like it is a lot more.
That foreign aid also prevents blowback from the U.S.'s imperialistic actions.

Rand Paul's budget page:

And of course he changed his mind about foreign aid as well. He voted for aid to Israel.

Your exact words:

AFTER the "yabut Dems!!" deflection/s that I noted.

Can we get back on topic now? No REAL libertarian (non-Establishment) candidates available for President.
Except that you were quoting and responding to my OP where I said nothing about Democrats, so yeah.

Rand was going to become more and more hawkish and flip flop

exactly what one would expect a libertraitor tosay !!

my version is Rand is a patriotic American and sees what a total shambles our military is in.

what is your response to this:
bc9bb-carriers.jpg

This picture was taken the February 2014 in Norfolk, Virginia. Obama ordered 5 nuclear carriers into harbor for “routine” (?) inspections. Heads of the Navy were flabbergasted by the directive but had to comply as it was a direct order from their Commander-in-Chief.

i really believe liberalism (rymes with communism) not only is a serious mental disease, i believe you all are missing a chromosome or an extra one still make you all so fucking
images
you hate filled liberscum make me want to :puke3: then start :Boom2: and hire a few mexicans to:dig: take their bottle of "Teekillya" and basket of burritos and go back across the border and stay !!

:fu: .............................................. :asshole:

Forum List

Back