Rand Paul Praises Assad

What a POS.

Rand Paul: Assad 'Protected Christians' in Syria, Rebels 'Attacking Christians'

WASHINGTON - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday portrayed the current conflict in Syria as one between the government of President Bashar Al Assad, who Paul said "has protected Christians for a number of decades," and "Islamic rebels," who Paul said "have been attacking Christians" and are aligned with Al Qaeda.

"I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians, and all of a sudden we'll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted," Paul said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Paul was likely referring to a string of incidents in Egypt in recent weeks, where supporters of the deposed government of former president Mohamed Morsi have burned Coptic Christian churches to protest what they see as Christian backing for the military overthrow of Morsi's government.

*snip*
That's really going out on a limb for the Christian vote.

Senator Paul has to report ultimately to the zionists, but it is refreshing to hear his voice of reason occasionally.

There were Republicans in the House and Senate who were doing that very thing before WWII....praising how Hitler was running Germany.

Are you denying that Hitler did a great job in turning Germany from a sacked state to a world power?
And ultimately brought Germany to its lowest ebb.

Last edited:
Paul, a first-term senator and vocal opponent of U.S. intervention overseas, including U.S. foreign aid, said the U.S. should pursue a negotiated settlement where "Assad is gone, but some of the same people [from Assad's regime] remain stable," because, he said, "that would also be good for the Christians."
Unbelievable ignorance.

He actually believes dictatorial regimes are the same as a Western democracies.

And obviously Paul couldn’t care less that innocent Muslims are being killed, as if Christians are more deserving of life.

Oh, I can read his mind from here. "There's no such thing as an innocent Muslim."

What a POS.

Rand Paul: Assad 'Protected Christians' in Syria, Rebels 'Attacking Christians'

WASHINGTON - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday portrayed the current conflict in Syria as one between the government of President Bashar Al Assad, who Paul said "has protected Christians for a number of decades," and "Islamic rebels," who Paul said "have been attacking Christians" and are aligned with Al Qaeda.

"I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians, and all of a sudden we'll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted," Paul said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Paul was likely referring to a string of incidents in Egypt in recent weeks, where supporters of the deposed government of former president Mohamed Morsi have burned Coptic Christian churches to protest what they see as Christian backing for the military overthrow of Morsi's government.

*snip*

Obama taking sides with Al Qaeda and Islamists killing Christians

Nice

Obama is trying to give aide and comfort to the enemy.

Openly trying to commit treason.

How fucked it that?

A lot of people have said Obama is a Muslim. What if they are right? :eek:

Look at the history of the middle east you have two types of regimes that survive there radical Islamist a

Yo Vern, why are radicalized muslims a problem but radicalized zionists are not?

Radicalized zionists really?

An Introduction to the Israel–Palestine Conflict

NORMAN G. FINKELSTEIN

The goal of “disappearing” the indigenous Arab population points to a virtual truism buried beneath a mountain of apologetic Zionist literature: what spurred Palestinians’ opposition to Zionism was not anti-Semitism in the sense of an irrational hatred of Jews but rather the prospect—very real—of their expulsion. In his magisterial study of Palestinian nationalism, Yehoshua Porath suggests that the “major factor nourishing” Arab anti-Semitism “was not hatred for the Jews as such but opposition to Jewish settlement in Palestine”.7

He wasn't "praising" Assad, idiot. He was pointing out that the Syrian rebels were worse, as far as American interests are concerned. And he's right.

That's what his type do all the time,take a statement,and sound bite it to death,regardless of the total lack of honesty.

They are ether really ignorant,or very dishonest.

Bush claimed that al Qaeda was in Iraq. Yet he still went ahead and removed Saddam.

Why?

Bush never claimed they were in Iraq. Only that there had been multiple contacts between Hussein's regime and AQ.

And that was verified.

You are talking apples and oranges.

Obama created a vacuum by removing Mubarak and giving Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood.

FACT.

Time to back that bullshit up, TD.

I'll wait . . .

Are you a complete fool?

The Administration's pressure for Mubarak to step down was intense. This is history.

Are you going to tell me Mubarak gave up power of his own volition? Kiss my ass. :lol:

This is just one of so many pieces out there.

In 2011, President Obama and the Egyptian military appeared to be on the same page. In response to calls not to fire on demonstrators against Hosni Mubarak, the military actually protected the protesters and Obama was able to help usher in the Arab Spring by urging the Egyptian strongman to step down.

How Obama Lost His Influence in Egypt - The Daily Beast

Synthabrain once again displays his ignorance - this time of history and the current geo-political-national security situation.

Some of the insurgents opposing Assad are Al Quaeda operatives. Does he really think American interests would be served by supporting AQ taking over Syria?

(h/t to eots - great minds think alike)

What a minute: some of the insurgents opposing Saddam were al Qaeda operatives.

Did you really think American interests would be served by Bush supporting AQ taking over Iraq?

Considering how badly we want to kill Al Qaeda, did you ever stop to think that AQ is purposely forming a homogenous organization and growing as large as possible throughout the Middle East, but with the tacit intent to fight us tooth-and-nail, when they feel they have become large enough?

That doesn't answer the question one bit. :lol:

Bush never claimed they were in Iraq. Only that there had been multiple contacts between Hussein's regime and AQ.

And that was verified.

You are talking apples and oranges.

Obama created a vacuum by removing Mubarak and giving Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood.

FACT.

I'll wait . . .

Are you a complete fool?

The Administration's pressure for Mubarak to step down was intense. This is history.

Are you going to tell me Mubarak gave up power of his own volition? Kiss my ass. :lol:

In 2011, President Obama and the Egyptian military appeared to be on the same page. In response to calls not to fire on demonstrators against Hosni Mubarak, the military actually protected the protesters and Obama was able to help usher in the Arab Spring by urging the Egyptian strongman to step down.

This is bullshit. This is nonsense. :lol:

The throngs in Tahrir Square convinced the military to force Mubarek to step down.

I'll wait . . .

Are you a complete fool?

This is bullshit. This is nonsense. :lol:

The throngs in Tahrir Square convinced the military to force Mubarek to step down.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

:lol:

I'm going to give you another link.

I do hope you understand that when the "people" wanted Morsi ousted Egyptians were holding anti Obama signs because they believed and rightly so that Obama had given them Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood by demanding Mubarak leave office.

Note the term "embracing"

Obama presses Hosni Mubarak to make 'right decision' and step down

Embracing an Egyptian future without Hosni Mubarak, President Barack Obama pressed the embattled leader to consider his legacy and leave his office in a way that would give his country a true chance for peace and democracy.

:eusa_whistle:

AND in his own words Obama said...

Obama told reporters that in their two conversations since mass protests against Mubarak's 30-year rule began 11 days ago he stressed the need for an orderly transition to democracy in the country, long a cornerstone of U.S. Middle East strategy.

Obama presses Hosni Mubarak to make 'right decision' and step down - USA - FRANCE 24

The whole world knows that Obama pressured the hell out of Mubarak. And behind the scenes I have no doubt that the President was going to cut off aid to Egypt if Mubarak didn't comply with his wishes.

Oh and btw the Egyptian people really hate Obama's Ambassador. She actually had the nerve to give a speech lecturing the protestors that protests solve nothing.

Yup she was a Morsi fan too.

130701-obama-egypt-030.jpg

Last edited:
There were Republicans in the House and Senate who were doing that very thing before WWII....praising how Hitler was running Germany.

Democrats were the one who praised Hitler's policies. They especially praised Mussolini's policies. In fact, the New Deal was modeled on Mussolini's policies.

Democrats were the one who praised Hitler's policies. They especially praised Mussolini's policies. In fact, the New Deal was modeled on Mussolini's policies.

Shit, they were loving Assad during the Bush administration. Why? Because Bush took a hardline with Assad, didn't trust the guy. Looks like Bush was right...

Forum List

Back