Rand Paul leads GOP 2016 primary poll

The republican senate primary in Wyoming may be a harbinger of things to come. Rand and the liberty wing of the party are supporting Michael Enzi while Dick Cheney and the neocons are supporting Liz Cheney.

It's worth keeping an eye on.

I doubt the "liberty wing" of the Republican Party is supporting Enzi so much as they are opposing Cheney.

Don't be so sure. The lazy and ignorant now outnumber the smart and productive. The lazy and ignorant will want mama Hillary to take care of them.

Sure they will, unless Hillary gets slimed by Huma. How the Weiner wagon got to be hauling Hillary's ass is one of the political things that happen but they don't seem to make a lot of sense.

However, that does not mean that Rand Paul wouldn't give Hillary a much deserved spanking in a debate. Paul is more of a modern man not given to acts of chivalry just to be nice to the little lady. He pretty well humiliated her in the Benghazi hearings and would do so again all over the debate stage.

To refresh your memory, see how fast Rand Paul wipes that smile off Hillary's face.

rand paul hillary benghazi - Bing Videos

I see why I'm confused. You are talking about debates. On that I agree. I think Hillary beats him in the election. The average American voter is dumber than a bag of hammers.

The average American, being dumber than a bag of hammers is easily distracted. One of the attractions that Hillary has is she's not obama.

The republican senate primary in Wyoming may be a harbinger of things to come. Rand and the liberty wing of the party are supporting Michael Enzi while Dick Cheney and the neocons are supporting Liz Cheney.

I doubt the "liberty wing" of the Republican Party is supporting Enzi so much as they are opposing Cheney.

Enzi is very popular in Wyoming. All Liz Cheney has to say against him is that he agrees with obama some of the time. This election will be determined by how the voters feel about someone willing to work with and compromise with demonrats. Cheney doesn't have to win, just make a credible showing of just how many Wyoming residents oppose any cooperation with or compromise with demonrats.

Sen. Rand Paul has surged in a poll released Thursday of possible 2016 Republican candidates for president, while Sen. Marco Rubio has dropped to sixth place overall.

According to the survey by Democratic firm Public Policy Polling, the Kentucky GOP Senator leads the field with 16 percent of respondents preferring him as the candidate, followed by Jeb Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) each at 13 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at 12 percent and Rubio (R-Fla.) at 10 percent.

Rand Paul leads GOP 2016 primary poll - Hadas Gold - POLITICO.com

Here's the link to Public Policy Polling.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_725.pdf

I still don't see me supporting Rand in 2016.

Only Rand or Rubio can challenge Christie, and they don't have the sand for it, imo.

Enzi is very popular in Wyoming. All Liz Cheney has to say against him is that he agrees with obama some of the time. This election will be determined by how the voters feel about someone willing to work with and compromise with demonrats. Cheney doesn't have to win, just make a credible showing of just how many Wyoming residents oppose any cooperation with or compromise with demonrats.

The claim was regarding the so-called "liberty wing" of the Republican Party, not the state of Wyoming.

Sen. Rand Paul has surged in a poll released Thursday of possible 2016 Republican candidates for president, while Sen. Marco Rubio has dropped to sixth place overall.

According to the survey by Democratic firm Public Policy Polling, the Kentucky GOP Senator leads the field with 16 percent of respondents preferring him as the candidate, followed by Jeb Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) each at 13 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at 12 percent and Rubio (R-Fla.) at 10 percent.

Rand Paul leads GOP 2016 primary poll - Hadas Gold - POLITICO.com

Here's the link to Public Policy Polling.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_725.pdf

I still don't see me supporting Rand in 2016.

Only Rand or Rubio can challenge Christie, and they don't have the sand for it, imo.

I honestly don't think Christie is going to be a major player come 2016. He's obviously positioning for a run, and probably will make an attempt, but I don't think it will go very far. If I had to make a prediction based on how things look right now I'd say it comes down to Rand and Rubio in the primary. Rubio would get the establishment support and Rand the conservative activist support. I'd say Rubio has more crossover appeal to the activists than Rand does with the establishment, however, so he might have the edge.

Rubio is done. He had a chance to be presidential material and chose to be Hispanic. It might just have ruined his chances to ever be president.

If there was some leader of the Liberty Wing of the republican party posting, I'd listen to them, but when it comes to liberals telling me what the Liberty Wing says, it's as much of a lie as anything else liberals say.

Rubio is done. He had a chance to be presidential material and chose to be Hispanic. It might just have ruined his chances to ever be president.

If there was some leader of the Liberty Wing of the republican party posting, I'd listen to them, but when it comes to liberals telling me what the Liberty Wing says, it's as much of a lie as anything else liberals say.

Well I don't pretend to be a leader of the so-called "Liberty Wing" of the Republican Party, but are you referring to me as a liberal?

This is just the kind of partisan idiocy we need to get past if the liberty movement is going to make any progress.

Hey, what about that Cruz dude?

He came in third in this poll, but I don't seriously expect him to run.

But here's the thing -- that guy would get the conservative Christians to the polls like it was the second coming.

But then again I don't believe presidents are elected, but selected. He definitely isn't the type of person the banking cartel or the military industrial complex want in power. Ditto for Paul.

The socon statist big government traditionalists no longer have the numbers to sway elections as they did in 2004.

They failed in 2008 and 2012 and many may well not vote in 2016, Cruz or not.

Huma "I'ma" Weiner might be throwing a crowbar into demonrat dreams for Hillary.

The American Reich has held the electorate captive for decades. I don't see that changing this election cycle. I can say for my generation of 20 somethings, we lean heavily libertarian probably more than the last several generations so progress is being made. If I can open my eyes and see the truth, anyone can.

Hey, what about that Cruz dude?

But here's the thing -- that guy would get the conservative Christians to the polls like it was the second coming.

But then again I don't believe presidents are elected, but selected. He definitely isn't the type of person the banking cartel or the military industrial complex want in power. Ditto for Paul.

To the first portion- he's named after a philandering atheist

to the 2nd- if he cozies up to the banksters/fed he'll lose his base & if he doesn't, he'll be outspent by shadowy nameless contributors thanks to Repubs :thup:

Does anyone think this group will really lead America to a better place?

Bob McDonnell
Donald Trump
Ken Cuccinelli
Louis Gohmert
Marco Rubio
Mike Lee
Rand Paul
Rick Santorum
Sarah Palin
Steve King
Ted Cruz

Please tell us something anyone of them has done in politics or in life that is worthy of becoming president. Please stick to this group, criticizing another does not constitute a valid reply. I left Christie out as he has potential in some other party than the one he currently resides in.

to the 2nd- if he cozies up to the banksters/fed he'll lose his base & if he doesn't, he'll be outspent by shadowy nameless contributors thanks to Repubs :thup:

To the first point, no he isn't.

To the first point, no he isn't.

So he is operating under a nickname or he was named after someone else named Rand?

I honestly don't think Christie is going to be a major player come 2016. He's obviously positioning for a run, and probably will make an attempt, but I don't think it will go very far. If I had to make a prediction based on how things look right now I'd say it comes down to Rand and Rubio in the primary. Rubio would get the establishment support and Rand the conservative activist support. I'd say Rubio has more crossover appeal to the activists than Rand does with the establishment, however, so he might have the edge.

I don't think he's trying to make a run at all. He set up the Senate special election here to be in October rather than just holding it on regular election day. He won't have to share the ballot with someone like Cory Booker, which would fire up the democratic base and increase turnout for his gubernatorial opponent here.

The guy definitely has governor on his mind still.

Your second point is dead on, but your first point is false. That's been shown on this board many times in the past.

Forum List

Back