Rand Paul filibustering Patriot Act

If you watch it yourself you can better spot how slanted different reports will be tomorrow
:thup:

MSM Liberals networks: "But But --- terrorists! Rand Paul is dangerous! He's a right-wing nut. Scary Tea baggers!"

Fox (the only conservative MSM option lol) : "But But --- terrorists! Rand Paul is unpatriotic! He's just another liberal! Scary Liberals!"

You know that neither MSM will mention other Senators from either party in the filibuster (perhaps except Wyden, since they'll need to explain how Rand took a few breaks lol).

Honestly, I didn't even know why they call them MSM, they aren't main stream, no one watches them haha. Alex Jone's three hour radio show alone has more viewers than all of Fox, CNN and MSNBC combined in any three consecutive timeslots. HAHAHAHA

9gawkp.jpg

So, Cruz, Paul, Wyden, Lee, Blumenthal (and a Democrat woman earlier) all agreeing that the NSA is acting under General Search Warrants (the ultimate reason the fourth amendment was written and ratified, Writs of Assistance), which assume everyone is a criminal until proven guilty? Does that make these three Democrat Senators racist teabaggers?

He's right, in this case. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.

So, about the politicians that won't oppose it, like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton, are you still going to support such beasts? The hands on their clocks don't even turn.
Voiced another way, does this single issue make him presidential?
TBH, I actually found myself nodding - I didn't like the Patriot Act when it was signed particularly for the power it gave to a president, and I like it even less now. But I can't seem to get behind a candidate who tells us only what we want to hear and then blames US for not hearing what he said no matter how many times we play the loop back. How can he, with a straight face, look at a video of himself and still insist that what he said was NOT what he said? I can't stand with Rand because I just can't stand Rand.

So, about the politicians that won't oppose it, like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton, are you still going to support such beasts? The hands on their clocks don't even turn.
TBH, I actually found myself nodding - I didn't like the Patriot Act when it was signed particularly for the power it gave to a president, and I like it even less now. But I can't seem to get behind a candidate who tells us only what we want to hear and then blames US for not hearing what he said no matter how many times we play the loop back. How can he, with a straight face, look at a video of himself and still insist that what he said was NOT what he said? I can't stand with Rand because I just can't stand Rand.

Voiced another way: Does this single issue make Bush and Clinton unpresdiential? Yes, their support of Writs of Assistance make them Oathbreaking Tyrants rivaling only King George himself.

Good day.

Then again, I don't know what Hillary supports these days since she's running a campaign of silence in the age of information. At least Bush admits he's a treacherous Oathbreaker. I can only go by Hillary's past in the Senate and Sec of State to guess her current NSA spying stance.

Voiced another way: Does this single issue make Bush and Clinton unpresdiential? Yes, their support of Writs of Assistance make them Oathbreaking Tyrants rivaling only King George himself.

Good day.

Then again, I don't know what Hillary supports these days since she's running a campaign of silence in the age of information. At least Bush admits he's a treacherous Oathbreaker. I can only go by Hillary's past in the Senate and Sec of State to guess her current NSA spying stance.
Bush anyway... the Patriot Act was his puppy, right? And please give me a link to Bush ever admitting he was a treacherous oathbreaker - I'll run that in a continuous loop. Bush also suspended habeus corpus for people who were deemed as terrorists. I can't think of a situation where Clinton actively supported general search warrants - maybe you can refresh my memory (unless you're referring to the Aldrich Ames thing - where Clinton, after the fact, changed the way counter-intelligence was conducted and was castigated by his Congressional opponents for being too weak...)

You can do better than supposition to guess Hillary's stance on the NSA. She voted for the Patriot Act (as did 96 other Senators), but as early as 2006 she began to question whether FISA was lawful. Unfortunately, she began to waffle in February of this year. Hard to say whether she was trying to duck a conservative 9-11 Jihadi terrorist fear-ball just as she about to announce.

Good day.

Bush anyway... the Patriot Act was his puppy, right? And please give me a link to Bush ever admitting he was a treacherous oathbreaker - I'll run that in a continuous loop. Bush also suspended habeus corpus for people who were deemed as terrorists. I can't think of a situation where Clinton actively supported general search warrants - maybe you can refresh my memory (unless you're referring to the Aldrich Ames thing - where Clinton, after the fact, changed the way counter-intelligence was conducted and was castigated by his Congressional opponents for being too weak...)

You can do better than supposition to guess Hillary's stance on the NSA. She voted for the Patriot Act (as did 96 other Senators), but as early as 2006 she began to question whether FISA was lawful. Unfortunately, she began to waffle in February of this year. Hard to say whether she was trying to duck a conservative 9-11 Jihadi terrorist fear-ball just as she about to announce.

You're obviously a left-wing partisan, defending the 'inevitable' Hillary Clinton. How much do they pay shills these days, minimum wage?

Good day.

You're obviously a left-wing partisan, defending the 'inevitable' Hillary Clinton. How much do they pay shills these days, minimum wage?
That's what you got from what I wrote?? What a dupe!
I won't vote for Hillary unless she manages to win the nomination. And to be honest, I hope Sanders makes a better showing than the pundits have so far given him credit for.

As to the other charge, considering the Republican field this year, I am proud to be a left-wing partisan. Although I happen to agree with Paul's record on personal privacy, I find that we don't see things the same way in any other issue. I may be partisan, but it's informed partisanship based on issues and not on ideology alone.

Good day.

Bush anyway... the Patriot Act was his puppy, right? And please give me a link to Bush ever admitting he was a treacherous oathbreaker - I'll run that in a continuous loop. Bush also suspended habeus corpus for people who were deemed as terrorists. I can't think of a situation where Clinton actively supported general search warrants - maybe you can refresh my memory (unless you're referring to the Aldrich Ames thing - where Clinton, after the fact, changed the way counter-intelligence was conducted and was castigated by his Congressional opponents for :uhoh3:being too weak...)

I won't vote for Hillary unless she manages to win the nomination. And to be honest, I hope Sanders makes a better showing than the pundits have so far given him credit for.

As to the other charge, considering the Republican field this year, I am proud to be a left-wing partisan. Although I happen to agree with Paul's record on personal privacy, I find that we don't see things the same way in any other issue. I may be partisan, but it's informed partisanship based on issues and not on ideology alone.
:uhh:

[

I suppose next he'll tell us he's not trying to take guns, but he wants to ban assault rifles, and that raising the debt doesn't increase the debt.

[

I suppose next he'll tell us he's not trying to take guns, but he wants to ban assault rifles, and that raising the debt doesn't increase the debt.
Although this a Rand Paul topic...

Bernie on guns
Bernie on the deficit

And before you trot out more things you don't know, here's Bernie's entire voting record throughout his career.

My apologies to the OP.

Watched some of it on CSPAN, up til when the guys from Oregon interupted for a question (then prattled on for days not getting around to a question presumedly giving Paul a chance to go potty or whatever.) :)
Rand can't leave the floor, but it was certainly to give him a rest.

How it used to be rules-wise. All I know about it now is it's changed radically from how it was injust the 90s.

Was leaning, pausing for exorbitant amounts of time, both used to be breaches of filibuster rules. Dunno what they are now.

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for a little security deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin

The "Patriot" act is nothing more than an end run around the Constitution. I said it when that idiot Bush came up with it - and I say it now. Allowing the government to "watch" its' people is nothing more than giving them permission to be the Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back