Ramadan celebrations in public schools

i think that is a great idea.

would prevent the students from stuffing their obese faces with even more unhealthy food during recess.

and the celebration of iftar is hopefully done after school. unless you are in alaska and ramadan is in a winter month.

This country has over the years thrown Christianity out of public schools and now wants to allow satan worshiping practices? They cry, falsely, that Christians are forcing their religion on them and then cry because their practices aren't allowed, and they are the ones that actually force their false religion on people. Absolutely not.
No, you misunderstand. It would mean allowing both Christmas and Ramadan celebrations.

Would you still be against it?
Yes. I do not believe in separation of church and state but I think it would lead to too many problems. Understanding islam more than you think I do i wouldn't even open the door for them. I believe islam is satans religion. I do not just say that, I have researched islam over the years and come to that conclusion.

Islam is currently in a state of war with America.

Until that changes I see no reason for teaching our children a better understanding of their customs, because they eventually lead to bigotry and violence.

Islam is so strict that Islamic countries demonize non-believers and everything their countries represent simply out of self-preservation. It gives all of that pent up anger a place to vent. They see freedom as a threat to their religion and their hold on power.

Either we have separation or we don't. For 40 years now Liberals and atheists have waged war on Christian celebrations, customs and practices in Public places and at schools.

They are hypocrites though as evidenced by their allowance for Islam to use schools denied other religions. Islam allowed to have separate rooms during school days for prayer. Islam allowed to take weeks off for personal religious requirements that have nothing to do with their jobs.

It is simple actually. ISLAM has NO REQUIREMENT, as attested to by numerous Islamic scholars and Clerics, that people must stop work or school functions to pray or Fast. Those are EXCEPTIONS allowed under the religion. IT IS NOT REQUIRED BY ISLAM.

NO religion means just that, NONE.

Is there food involved? That's my rule of thumb...any holiday that celebrates via vast quantities of food (they do feast at night during Ramadan, don't they? Or after?) should be celebrated everywhere. At work, schools, city halls and gas stations.

Good idea or not?

I personally think its a great idea. We should celebrate all religions.

However, for fairness and consistancy's sake, I believe that we can't do this unless we allow the Jewish to celebrate have hanuka celebration, christians to have their christmas, and other religions to have their celebrations too.

Most people seem to think its better to dissalow the free expression of religion than to allow the free expression of religion in places such as public schools....for example Lincoln-Sudbury High “Tis The Season To Celebrate The Winter Solstice...” : The Natural Truth

Since the way Ramadan is celebrated is with a fast from sun up to sun down, that would be a very good way for schools to save money. Just close the cafeteria and you are good.

Forum List

Back