Ramadan celebrations in public schools

Just sanitize it of any religous reference and you are good to go, just like any other religous based holiday.

Just sanitize it of any religous reference and you are good to go, just like any other religous based holiday.

Is it possible to take the religion out of a religious holiday? Sure, we do it somewhat with Christmas and Easter but they are still religious holidays.

My view is all religions are treated equally at a school: either all are allowed or none are allowed.

I have no problem with students being taught about different religion holidays. Nor do I have a problem with them participating with their fellow students who celebrate it assuming it doesn't conflict with their own viewpoints.

Is it possible to take the religion out of a religious holiday? Sure, we do it somewhat with Christmas and Easter but they are still religious holidays.

My view is all religions are treated equally at a school: either all are allowed or none are allowed.

Thats making it de facto allowing none, because once you say all, you better mean it. So if I make up the church of the fonz as in Family Guy is has to be included, unless of course you make criteria to figure out which religons are real, but then of course, people will disagree and meetings will have to be held, standards made, court cases heard, protocols written up for teachers and aministrators to follow, methods for parents to opt thier kids out....

Ah fuck it. No religion allowed, period.

I have no problem with students being taught about different religion holidays. Nor do I have a problem with them participating with their fellow students who celebrate it assuming it doesn't conflict with their own viewpoints.
If it does conflict do you give those students the day off? Or just tell them to suck it up and quit being offended?

Thats making it de facto allowing none, because once you say all, you better mean it. So if I make up the church of the fonz as in Family Guy is has to be included, unless of course you make criteria to figure out which religons are real, but then of course, people will disagree and meetings will have to be held, standards made, court cases heard, protocols written up for teachers and aministrators to follow, methods for parents to opt thier kids out....

Ah fuck it. No religion allowed, period.
I suppose it would be wrong to only allow the major religions to be represented. :eusa_eh:

We're not allowed to celebrate Christmas in the office anymore. It "offends" too many people.
We call the former "Christmas Party" an "End of Year Celebration" now.

Pretty pathetic.

So, keeping in that spirit, Ramadan might "offend" someone - so the answer to the OP is no.

We're not allowed to celebrate Christmas in the office anymore. It "offends" too many people.
We call the former "Christmas Party" an "End of Year Celebration" now.

Pretty pathetic.

So, keeping in that spirit, Ramadan might "offend" someone - so the answer to the OP is no.

If I lived in a city where the people are offended by Christmas......I'd move.

Maybe what we should do is do what the Muslims do whenever they're offended by insensitive non-believers:

9_11.jpg

polls_Nidal_Malik_Hasan_1__4708_511891_poll_large.jpeg
anwar-al-awlaki-killed-a-primer-on-yemen-al-qaeda-chief.img.jpg

us_flag_burning_2a-vi.jpg

This country has over the years thrown Christianity out of public schools and now wants to allow satan worshiping practices? They cry, falsely, that Christians are forcing their religion on them and then cry because their practices aren't allowed, and they are the ones that actually force their false religion on people. Absolutely not.

This country has over the years thrown Christianity out of public schools and now wants to allow satan worshiping practices? They cry, falsely, that Christians are forcing their religion on them and then cry because their practices aren't allowed, and they are the ones that actually force their false religion on people. Absolutely not.
No, you misunderstand. It would mean allowing both Christmas and Ramadan celebrations.

Would you still be against it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttm97zO0Dk]Hillbilly Jack, Joke + Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - YouTube[/ame]

No, you misunderstand. It would mean allowing both Christmas and Ramadan celebrations.

Would you still be against it?
Yes. I do not believe in separation of church and state but I think it would lead to too many problems. Understanding islam more than you think I do i wouldn't even open the door for them. I believe islam is satans religion. I do not just say that, I have researched islam over the years and come to that conclusion.

Forum List

Back