Rage and Hate

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Is it healthy to let out rage and hate?
Or is it more healthy to keep is inside?

Are there other options?

If not, what's the best case scenario to deal with intense negative emotions?

Are there other options?

best thing to do is let it all out,if you keep it inside it will eat you up and you will be unhappy your whole life if you dont let it go and get over it.

what is something that brings out rate and hate in you?

Most people will say pedofiles, or people that abuse dogs, but, are there "simple things" that make you snap?

One of mine is people that refuse to slow down or speed up to merge. I'm going 55-60 MPH and I should not have to work about the 5 cars in to my left trying to merge or I may end up in the tail end of the car in front of me.

We all have deep emotions that we have stuffed, layers and layers.

Anger and Rage is really Fear disguised.

It is good to get our anger our, as long as it doesn't hurt another person or animal...or be destructive.

Most people will say pedofiles, or people that abuse dogs, but, are there "simple things" that make you snap?

One of mine is people that refuse to slow down or speed up to merge. I'm going 55-60 MPH and I should not have to work about the 5 cars in to my left trying to merge or I may end up in the tail end of the car in front of me.

I really get angry when people lie to make their point valid ( just happened..lol )

I get really angry when someone hurts a innocent animal, or person..

What I get boiling about is when someone tries to control me, I have always been independent

I save it for the range.

shooting clay targets and watching them explode is theraputic

It is good to get our anger our, as long as it doesn't hurt another person or animal...or be destructive.

Do you think most people know what the fear is that drives their anger?

I did this for a living before I got sick...

If you listen to what triggers the anger you will find why you are frightened.

Things to question..
Was the rage about someone leaving you?
Hurting you?
Does it bring up negative emotions from a time in your life?

People who PASS ON THE RIGHT-----due to a problem of vision---I do not drive anymore-----SO I AM IN THE DEATH SEAT (for those who do not know----on
the right of the driver) THUS I am acutely aware of those evil people who
*****PASS ON THE RIGHT***** (may they all burn in hell)

I don't believe fear drives it. I agree with the rest of the post but not the premise.

To the OP question I believe in letting out passions in full, in the moment, so that they don't fester. Then they're spent. Stopping short of destruction of course. Get it all out, wipe the slate clean and continue refreshed. It's cathartic.

One of my favorite emoticons, because it sums up how silly anger can get, is this....

rant2-1.gif

I get angry when I'm accused or told I said something I didn't say, and have now way to prove it.

Maybe I am afraid of people believing false things about me?
I also don't want to come across as defensive.

Sometimes, if people let their anger/rage out, it comes back at them 2 or 3 fold.
In cases like that, I find it best to keep it in check

I don't believe fear drives it. I agree with the rest of the post but not the premise.

To the OP question I believe in letting out passions in full, in the moment, so that they don't fester. Then they're spent. Stopping short of destruction of course. Get it all out, wipe the slate clean and continue refreshed. It's cathartic.

One of my favorite emoticons, because it sums up how silly anger can get, is this....

rant2-1.gif

I would be happy to express my anger------but (alas) I do not own a machine gun

rant2-1.gif

I think someone people use anger to make them feel alive
Or even out of boredom (maybe the same thing..)?

rant2-1.gif

I would be happy to express my anger------but (alas) I do not own a machine gun

I don't want to kill anyone.

I would not mind torturing a few.
Or, I wish I could play bumpercars on the highway

I mean verbal torture, where they can't say anything back to me. No physical torture, but mental and psychological, I'm all over it ....(people that deserve it... evil people)

I really do want to ram people in my car often.... God help me I may do it one day....

I really get angry when people lie to make their point valid ( just happened..lol )

What I get boiling about is when someone tries to control me, I have always been independent

It pisses me off when I hear a really stupid lie. Don't insult me by acting like you think I'm stupid enough to believe a bullshit lie.

rant2-1.gif

In the counseling world...Rage is fear...

Rage is considered to be an emergency reaction that humans are pre-wired to possess. Rage tends to be expressed when a person faces a threat to their pride, position, status, or dignity.[11]

Rage (emotion) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

. The “fight or flight” response prepares your body to fight or flee from a perceived threat to your survival. It is a warning bell that tells you that something is wrong.

Fight or Flight: The Physiological Response | Anger Alternatives

If you let other people get you angry you are letting them control you.

Are there other options?

I thought the solution was to 'deal with it'. Where you figure out a solution, and fix the problem.

If your job treats you like crap, the answer isn't to bottle it up until you explode, nor is it to vent on people that don't care and never did. The solution is to quit your job and find one where you are treated better.... right?

Now if you are like some, where you can't get a job that doesn't treat you like crap... I don't really have answer for that.

If you find an answer to that, let me know.

Beyond that, if something makes you mad, support a cause that fights it. Years ago I heard the story of a guy who opened a safe home for abused teens. The short story, is that he ran into a woman abusing her teenage daughter. It made him so mad he didn't sleep for two days. Instead of venting it, or bottling until he exploded, he put effort into opening a safe home.

Now this is assuming you have something to be mad about. Spouse didn't remember our anniversary, or I didn't get a promotion when I should have (in your opinion only)... isn't a reason to have rage.

Forum List

Back