radicals form group calling for defense of mueller

Their timing could not be better. A day after reports surfaced that President Trump wanted to fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III in December (in addition to an earlier effort in June), five veteran Republicans have formed a new organization, Republicans for the Rule of Law, seeking to restrain the president from doing exactly that. Bill Kristol (editor at large for the Weekly Standard), Mona Charen (a veteran of the Ronald Reagan administration who recently made a splash at the Conservative Political Action Conference), Linda Chavez (another Reagan administration veteran), Sarah Longwell (a longtime GOP consultant and chairman of the Log Cabin Republicans) and Andy Zwick (executive director of the Foundation for Constitutional Government) launched the group.

Opinion | Just in time: A new Republican group seeks to protect Mueller

only radicals believe in the rule of law now, it seems.

video at link
I hate it when the lying left says we are a nation of laws then they refuse to obey the immigration laws! Could you guys possibly be any more hypocritical? Secondly I think Mueller should continue.

Does the Constitution grant the president the authority to fire Mueller? Well there you have it, this is why the branches of government are separate, congress doesn't rule the executive branch.
please cite the passage in the constitution granting the president the authority to fire a special counsel.

i can cite this:

§ 600.7 Conduct and accountability.

(d) The Special Counsel may be disciplined or removed from office only by the personal action of the Attorney General. The Attorney General may remove a Special Counsel for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies. The Attorney General shall inform the Special Counsel in writing of the specific reason for his or her removal.

HAHAHAHA

Who can fire the AG fool :auiqs.jpg:

Trump Sought to Fire Mueller in December

April 10, 2018

In early December, President Trump, furious over news reports about a new round of subpoenas from the office of the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, told advisers in no uncertain terms that Mr. Mueller’s investigation had to be shut down.

Now that Trump has confirmed he is seriously considering some sort of action against Mueller, Republicans will be asked once again if they will act to protect his investigation. After all, some Republicans have already sponsored bills that would create a process in which any removal of the special counsel would be subject to judicial review and reversed if it was not for good cause. But Republicans have yet to act on these. Here’s a timeline of the history:

Trump just confirmed he might fire Mueller.

Does the Constitution grant the president the authority to fire Mueller? Well there you have it, this is why the branches of government are separate, congress doesn't rule the executive branch.
please cite the passage in the constitution granting the president the authority to fire a special counsel.

i can cite this:

(d) The Special Counsel may be disciplined or removed from office only by the personal action of the Attorney General. The Attorney General may remove a Special Counsel for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies. The Attorney General shall inform the Special Counsel in writing of the specific reason for his or her removal.

HAHAHAHA

you lame ass. the issue is about direct firing, not ordering the ag or d ag to do it. try to keep up.

so where is the citation of the constitution, hero?

A group of bipartisan senators is introducing new legislation to limit President Trump's ability to fire special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Christopher Coons (D-Del.) and Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) will introduce the legislation, the Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act, on Wednesday.

The legislation would let Mueller, or any other special counsel, receive an "expedited judicial review" within 10 days of being fired to determine if it was for a "good cause." If it was determined it wasn't, he would be reinstated.

It would also codify regulations that only a senior Justice Department official can fire a special counsel and that they must provide the reason in writing.

"We need to ensure not only that special counsel Mueller can complete his work without interference, but that special counsels in future investigations can, too," Coons said.

Tillis added that the "compromise bipartisan bill helps ensure that special counsels — present or future — have the independence they need to conduct fair and impartial investigations."

Senators to introduce new bipartisan bill to protect Mueller

Their timing could not be better. A day after reports surfaced that President Trump wanted to fire special counsel Robert S. Mueller III in December (in addition to an earlier effort in June), five veteran Republicans have formed a new organization, Republicans for the Rule of Law, seeking to restrain the president from doing exactly that. Bill Kristol (editor at large for the Weekly Standard), Mona Charen (a veteran of the Ronald Reagan administration who recently made a splash at the Conservative Political Action Conference), Linda Chavez (another Reagan administration veteran), Sarah Longwell (a longtime GOP consultant and chairman of the Log Cabin Republicans) and Andy Zwick (executive director of the Foundation for Constitutional Government) launched the group.

video at link
I hate it when the lying left says we are a nation of laws then they refuse to obey the immigration laws! Could you guys possibly be any more hypocritical? Secondly I think Mueller should continue.

i've never disobeyed any immigration laws.

i can't vouch for bill kristol though.

i can cite this:

HAHAHAHA

you lame ass. the issue is about direct firing, not ordering the ag or d ag to do it. try to keep up.

Translation I schooled the idiot left again and their response was :206:

i can cite this:

HAHAHAHA

so, no citation, eh?

shocker.

video at link

You have seen obummer and the left do it and you know it. And the Republicans are in on it too. So as a matter of fact we are most assuredly NOT a nation of laws. We are in fact a lawless nation with no borders.

i can cite this:

HAHAHAHA

so, no citation, eh?

shocker.

Do you deny that the president can fire the AG? lol Here let me answer for you, but but but...God I hate it when Blues is right.

i can cite this:

HAHAHAHA

so, no citation, eh?

shocker.

Do you deny that the president can fire the AG? lol Here let me answer for you, but but but...God I hate it when Blues is right.
you moved the goalposts, tard.

it is about firing the special counsel. remember?

so, no citation, eh?

shocker.

There are no goal posts just liberal ignorance. Here I'll dumb it down for you.

Trump: AG come here, go fire this clown Mueller or you're fired.
AG: Meuller come here, you're fired.

an then, in fantasia...

all the FBI evidence of team trump's crimes will magically disappear :laugh:

A group of bipartisan senators is introducing new legislation to limit President Trump's ability to fire special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.). Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Christopher Coons (D-Del.) and Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) will introduce the legislation, the Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act, on Wednesday.

The legislation would let Mueller, or any other special counsel, receive an "expedited judicial review" within 10 days of being fired to determine if it was for a "good cause." If it was determined it wasn't, he would be reinstated.

It would also codify regulations that only a senior Justice Department official can fire a special counsel and that they must provide the reason in writing.

"We need to ensure not only that special counsel Mueller can complete his work without interference, but that special counsels in future investigations can, too," Coons said.

Tillis added that the "compromise bipartisan bill helps ensure that special counsels — present or future — have the independence they need to conduct fair and impartial investigations."

Senators to introduce new bipartisan bill to protect Mueller
Good. I emailed my senators and my Representative yesterday urging them to vote for such a bill and to encourage their colleagues to vote for it as well. Of course, the "majority" won't bring it up for a vote without a lot of Republican support, which it doesn't sound like they're going to get. But it should be signed TODAY. It will protect the President from himself--if he gets Mueller fired by replacing Rosenstein/Sessions and then ordering it--he will be impeached.

so, no citation, eh?

shocker.

There are no goal posts just liberal ignorance. Here I'll dumb it down for you.

Trump: AG come here, go fire this clown Mueller or you're fired.
AG: Meuller come here, you're fired.
^ what a spineless scumbag. i am shocked, lol.

Brief summary: terminal trumptard blubbers about the constitution granting trump the authority to fire mueller.

Gets called out to provide support for his blubbering.
Gets provided the actual code stating that only the ag (or in this case, the d ag, as the ag flunked out) can fire the special counsel.

Trumptard then dances around and claims victory because he found out that the ag can fire the sc.

Awesome.

video at link

Or donald trump.

Forum List

Back