Racism Mystery from the 1950's

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Why did blacks in the south get upset when they saw a "Whites Only" sign at certain restaurants in the 50's? Why would you want to give your money to a racist? LOL I mean was the food that good?

Why not laugh and go somewhere else?

Why did blacks in the south get upset when they saw a "Whites Only" sign at certain restaurants in the 50's? Why would you want to give your money to a racist? LOL I mean was the food that good?

Everything was labeled whites only and colored only, including public drinking fountains and hospitals.
YOU HAD NO OTHER somewhere Else!!!

Are you serious? It had nothing to do with their "food being that good". In most cases it was worse.

The fact is that while whites were allowed to move about freely in a segregated society, up to and including going into designated "black only areas with immunity, "being caught in a "whites only" establishment was a death sentence for a black person.

It was a double standard. And it was nothing to laugh about, and damn sure is not a "mystery".

Everything was labeled whites only and colored only, including public drinking fountains and hospitals.

Well they could have went to the colored only place then

I've laughed at your posts because I thought you were so good at playing dumb. You weren't playing, were you?

Are you serious? It had nothing to do with their "food being that good". In most cases it was worse.

The fact is that while whites were allowed to move about freely in a segregated society, up to and including going into designated "black only areas with immunity, "being caught in a "whites only" establishment was a death sentence for a black person.

It was a double standard. And it was nothing to laugh about, and damn sure is not a "mystery".

It is a mystery because the blacks could eat another place or go to the supermarket and make their own damm dinner

I've laughed at your posts because I thought you were so good at playing dumb. You weren't playing, were you?

I am trying to understand the NEED to eat white people in the 50's

I am trying to understand the NEED to eat white people in the 50's

We are America not the Congo :biggrin:

They would have loved your step and fetch it attitude back then. They would have rubbed you on the head and called you a "good" nigga and a credit to your race.

They would have loved your step and fetch it attitude back then. They would have rubbed you on the head and called you a "good" nigga and a credit to your race.

They wouldn't have called me shit because I would not have been around them

Well they could have went to the colored only place then
It wasnt the food uncle tom. It was the entire system. If it was really separate but equal there would have been no issue. The problem was that it was separate but decidedly unequal. White schools got their money and part of the money for the Black schools. The Black schools got everything hand me down from the white schools. Your profound ignorance is amazing.

Yes they would have, and a lot more too.

I didnt say they would call you shit. I said they would call you a good nigga and a credit to your race. They loved gelded Black men like you.

Now I will say that at the end of the 60's Blacks made a massive mistake and took their eyes off the prize. The white mans ice became colder and they stopped spending their money in their own communities. Integration will probably end up being the worst mistake Blacks made when we look back in another 50 years.

Now I will say that at the end of the 60's Blacks made a massive mistake and took their eyes off the prize. The white mans ice became colder and they stopped spending their money in their own communities. Integration will probably end up being the worst mistake Blacks made when we look back in another 50 years.

No!
Taking government assistance is the worst mistake they made.
In the 50's 94% of blacks were married with children by the 70's it declined to over 50% and has continued rising ever since LBJ's destructive welfare programs.

No!
In the 50's 94% of blacks were married with children by the 70's it declined to over 50% and has continued rising ever since LBJ's destructive welfare programs.
Disagree. Welfare isnt Black or white. Its a benefit you pay into. Blacks were denied welfare for decades while Black children half starved. Whites stayed on welfare with little to no stigma.

No!
Disagree. Welfare isnt Black or white. Its a benefit you pay into. Blacks were denied welfare for decades while Black children half starved. Whites stayed on welfare with little to no stigma.

The stigma was there, but at least it was available to the whites that requested it.

No!

When was blacks denied welfare in America?

Welfare is paid by American workers and is given to non working people who has not paid into those benefits.
Anyone who goes on any government welfare assistance programs, destroys the married family unit, but it impacted the black and native communities the most.

No!

The stigma was there, but at least it was available to the whites that requested it.
an interesting read.

The Racist Roots of Welfare Reform

No!

When was blacks denied welfare in America?

Welfare is paid by American workers and is given to non working people who has not paid into those benefits.
Anyone who goes on any government welfare assistance programs, destroys the married family unit, but it impacted the black and native communities the most.
The Racist Roots of Welfare Reform

Forum List

Back