Raccoon scales Minnesota office building; fire department trying to lure it down

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Crazy. He climbed the building to that height, insane.

Raccoon scales Minnesota office building; fire department trying to lure it down

A raccoon made its way up 23 floors of an office building in Minnesota on Tuesday afternoon, prompting fire officials to try to lure it down to safety.

The raccoon, which scaled the UBS Tower in St. Paul, has made itself comfortable on a window ledge on the 23rd floor, which MPR News, the public radio station housed in the building, reported is more than 200 feet high.

You don't lure them down, you shoot the damned things.

Oh. It's Minnesota. That explains it.

Animals do some pretty bizarre stuff... I have seen quite a few cats up trees... Never not once have I ever seen any cat skeletons in trees... Critters have an innate sense of survival... But 23 stories and a high rise... I wouldn't want to go after a coon 23 stories up...

We used to have them at our cottage as a kid. One time an adult had her young raccoons with her. I didn't know they were outside the door and the mother (I assumed) went ballistic, scared me to death. I grabbed a broom and had to scream and bang and the mother still came right to the glass door, showed fangs, stood on her hind legs, deathly serious, I was not going to open that door.

Had to wait it out. I figure they must have found something, maybe a hot dog bun or something from the BBQ earlier. Claws, fangs and a mother willing to go to the death to protect her kid. Yeah, not the hill I want to fight on.

Marketing ploy by UBS. You can tell by the mask the raccoon is wearing so it isn't recognized.

I think the people taking pics of it from INSIDE the windows are fucking stupid. OPEN THE DAMN WINDOW!!

Crazy. He climbed the building to that height, insane.

A raccoon made its way up 23 floors of an office building in Minnesota on Tuesday afternoon, prompting fire officials to try to lure it down to safety.

The raccoon, which scaled the UBS Tower in St. Paul, has made itself comfortable on a window ledge on the 23rd floor, which MPR News, the public radio station housed in the building, reported is more than 200 feet high.

Those little fuckers will go to great lengths to make a persons life suck.

I think the people taking pics of it from INSIDE the windows are fucking stupid. OPEN THE DAMN WINDOW!!

I don;t think you can just open those windows, they are business high rise windows. Need to remove the entire thing, risk scaring it and it falls, or, you hit it or something. I'm just guessing that's why they are not removing.

Maybe bring some food or something to the window, and then try removing it? I don't know. They say they want to scare it to the rooftop as they have traps up there.

Forum List

Back