R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett. Thanks for years of music.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

Jimmy Buffett died 9/1/2023. Few musicians/songwriters have effected my life like Buffett did. I saw him 4 times. I was hoping for a 5th.

Just saw this myself. Wasn't a huge fan, but definitely an impactful musician. He had been in and out of the hospital for a few months now. A sad loss to the world of music, that's for sure.

Jimmy%20Buffett-X3.jpg

Only one big hit but it was a good one

I think there were a few more, but maybe they didn't chart as well.

Margaritaville was his biggest hit. But there were so many great songs.

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid
I suppose I am just not a big Buffett fan because none of the songs on your list ring my bell

But I do like Margaritaville

Only one big hit but it was a good one
Dozens of big hits.

As he said many times, he never won any awards for his music but millions turned out to attend his concerts and buy his music. I saw him first here in Tallahassee in 1972. A gymnasium on the Florida State University campus. Many, many times since. I will miss him.

Pirate Looks at 40
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Come Monday
Pencil Thin Mustache
Son of a Son of a Sailor
Volcano
The Captain and the Kid
And that legendary love song!

"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw"!

Last edited:
I suppose I am just not a big Buffett fan because none of the songs on your list ring my bell

But I do like Margaritaville

Margaritaville was beyond a powerhouse hit. It was like a blowtorch. When you have a hit like that you don't need many others. But he did keep pumping out albums and had a fanbase that kept buying them for sure.

Margaritaville was beyond a powerhouse hit. It was like a blowtorch. When you have a hit like that you don't need many others. But he did keep pumping out albums and had a fanbase that kept buying them for sure.
His "Parrotheads" were as dedicated as those that followed the Grateful Dead. He claimed Mobile, Al as his hometown and since it's mine as well, I always watched his career. I had no idea he'd been such a successful businessman as well as a touring musician.
He's leaving behind a legacy few can boast of. He'll be missed.

Dozens of big hits.

As he said many times, he never won any awards for his music but millions turned out to attend his concerts and buy his music. I saw him first here in Tallahassee in 1972. A gymnasium on the Florida State University campus. Many, many times since. I will miss him.
I’m not criticizing anyone who likes Buffett

But other than one song he’s not on my radar

Holy crap, I love Jimmy. "One Particular Harbour" is my favorite song. They'll play it at my funeral.

Wow.

Dozens of big hits.

I saw him in concert in 2018 in New Orleans. It was sweltering hot that day, but worth it. A great entertainer.

Sucks. RIP!

Forum List

Back