R.I.P. ammo....what is the deal.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I was watching this video on the new Glock 43 and they did ballistic gel tests of various ammo.....and then they shot R.I.P. ammo......wow....that looks like it might really mess up a bad guy.............the way it broke up and created more wound channels....interesting...

Thoughts......?

Bearing ArmsGlock G43 First Look - Bearing Arms

I was watching this video on the new Glock 43 and they did ballistic gel tests of various ammo.....and then they shot R.I.P. ammo......wow....that looks like it might really mess up a bad guy.............the way it broke up and created more wound channels....interesting...

Thoughts......?

First thought is, what if the perp has on a t-shirt, sweat shirt and a hoodie.

Will it break up before penetration?

Second though, what is the bullet nose like?

Could it jam?

I favour .45 ACP, ball ammo.

Never jams, plenty of knockdown power.

In my pig hunting revolver, .45 Long Colt, I like a flat-nose soft point.

Thoughts......?

Could it jam?

Yeah. the nose looks like it might bind up, but it did shoot from the Glock 43 without a problem...but they only shot a few rounds.....

Thoughts......?

Could it jam?

Yeah. the nose looks like it might bind up, but it did shoot from the Glock 43 without a problem...but they only shot a few rounds.....

I am a firm believer in the use of ball ammunition in sem-automatic handguns.

One jam can cost you your life.

I have never seen ball ammunition fail to cycle in any John Browning designed handgun, and the only two I would own would be a 1911 or a Hi-Power.

I am very old school.

Forum List

Back