R-E-S-P-I-C-T

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Oy. What a maroon.

Sharpton was addressing Trump’s insults toward Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former White House aide and "Apprentice" contestant who wrote a new tell-all book criticizing him. Trump called Newman a "dog," a favorite insult of his that Sharpton called an "animalistic slur."

"I think you might’ve learned the lesson this week, sometimes the dog bites back with a book deal," Sharpton said.

Sharpton concluded his comments with a reference to Franklin's 1967 hit "Respect," in which the singer spelled the word out. Sharpton and Franklin, who died last week at the age of 76, were close friends.

"So in the words of my late friend Aretha Franklin, show some R-E-S-P-I-C-T, and the next time you get a black woman and a beagle confused, remember this: I got you," Sharpton said...

Al Sharpton Messes Up Spelling of Legendary Aretha Franklin's Song While Slamming President Trump

Sharpton has done more to impede the black cause than he will ever do to advance it. His stock and trade is driving a wedge between races, not uniting.

I really can't stand Al Sharpton, but spelling errors afflict everyone no matter their respective party affiliation. Trump has made many spelling errors on his tweets which is mystifying given you'd think he'd have spell check.

It was embarrassing, but I've seen people misspell easier words than respect.

I really can't stand Al Sharpton, but spelling errors afflict everyone no matter their respective party affiliation. Trump has made many spelling errors on his tweets which is mystifying given you'd think he'd have spell check.

This wasn't a simple spelling error. He exploited the memory of Aretha Franklin to make a political point, and couldn't even quote her properly.

--LOL

on national tv

--LOL

luckily for al

the viewership is about zero

--LOL

He was quoting the words/letters of a song, not spelling-quoting.

No troll, most internet misspellings are typos, like typing somethong instead of something, since I and O are next to each other. If I were asked to spell the word "something" in public, speaking it out loud, I would be able to do it correctly. So no, your attempt to minimize a liberal imbecile fails.

RESPECT - not exactly a difficult word to spell correctly.

Oy. What a maroon.

Sharpton was addressing Trump’s insults toward Omarosa Manigault Newman, the former White House aide and "Apprentice" contestant who wrote a new tell-all book criticizing him. Trump called Newman a "dog," a favorite insult of his that Sharpton called an "animalistic slur."

"I think you might’ve learned the lesson this week, sometimes the dog bites back with a book deal," Sharpton said.

Sharpton concluded his comments with a reference to Franklin's 1967 hit "Respect," in which the singer spelled the word out. Sharpton and Franklin, who died last week at the age of 76, were close friends.

"So in the words of my late friend Aretha Franklin, show some R-E-S-P-I-C-T, and the next time you get a black woman and a beagle confused, remember this: I got you," Sharpton said...

Al Sharpton Messes Up Spelling of Legendary Aretha Franklin's Song While Slamming President Trump

Nothing worse than misspelling a word that is literally spelled out for you in the most most famous song of a most famous singer, who died, and whom you are referencing.

It's amazing this low performing con artist was able to fool so many for so much money over his "career".

Last edited:
I don't understand why Sharpton hasn't been arrested and charged with tax evasion. I understand why the IRS wouldn't do it while Obama was in office, but why isn't he doing the perp walk on TV now?

This wasn't a simple spelling error. He exploited the memory of Aretha Franklin to make a political point, and couldn't even quote her properly.

Agree. Spelling a random word wrong is one thing but it's actually spelled out in the lyrics. You don't have much left when you claim to be Aretha's friend and can't even quote they lyrics of her record that got played on radio a gazillion times.

I think at the end it goes:
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out how to spell it please
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
That's not I, that's E

SPELL a little respect.....

Last edited:

RESPECT - not exactly a difficult word to spell correctly.

Especially when you've had Aretha spelling it out for us over and over for about 50 years, the guy is black, and I assume, actually planned his comments in advance! Maybe Al was actually trying to spell 'Sp*c.'

Forum List

Back