Quid Pro Quo

Remember how at the beginning of Ukrainegate Republicans lined up behind Trump and proclaimed:
"There can be no crime because there was no quid pro quo"

Sen. Pat Toomey called the conversation “inappropriate,” the Pennsylvania Republican said “it does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense.”
It “reveals no quid pro quo,” he added.

“I didn’t find it concerning,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). “There was no quid pro quo, you’d have to have that if there was going to be anything wrong.”

Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), one of Trump’s top confidants on Capitol Hill, had tweeted four separate times about the absence of a “quid pro quo" by lunchtime.

Well now we know that there was a"Quid Pro Quo" offered, and expected by the President.
The incredibly damning Ukraine texts from State Department officials, explained
Volker writes, “Heard from White House — assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 20-16, we will nail down date for visit to Washington.”

Later in a response from the Ukrainian rep:
“Once we have a date,” Yermak says, he’ll call for a press briefing in which he’ll announce “among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations.”

Sondland asks Volker, “Do we still want Ze to give us an unequivocal draft with 2016 and Boresma?” Volker answers: “That’s the clear message so far...”

Remember Boresma is the company that Trump is trying to tie Biden to- in Trump's phone call Trump never mentions Boresma but instead asks him to investigate Biden.

The quid pro quo is very explicit here- the new Ukrainian President very much wants a White House meeting with President Trump. He is offered that meeting if he investigates Boresma- or as Trump made clear on his call- Biden.

The quid pro quo is there- even without the pretty obvious quid pro quo of the arms money:

Bill Taylor, the top US diplomat at the US embassy in Ukraine:“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?”........“As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”

Now the Republican line is: 'nuttin illegal about 'quid pro quo' to get a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political opponent- well if Trump is doing it.

I am sure we will see all of the Republicans who proclaimed that the President did nothing wrong because there was no 'quid pro quo' offered, will be finding other reasons why it is okay for the President to offer a quid pro quo to a foreign government to dig up dirt on his political rival.
Is quid pro quo the same as son of a bitch ?

Did the VP ever mention his son when he was discussing Obama's foreign policy objectives? Was that demand something that went outside the normal diplomatic channels, without the consultation of our allies in the region? Did Obama send his private attorney to set up the specific demands that Joe's son not be investigated in exchange for our aid?

When we're talking about a job that pays $80,000 a month to a kid who just got kicked out of the Navy Reserves for cocaine, who by the way knows nothing about the oil and gas business? Um?m? ....yes I think there are some questions to ask.

So you want to charge him with what? But we all know criminal charges are not and have never been pending in regards to Joe's remaining son. Nor is that the objective, imo. All Trumpybear wants is a very public announcement of an investigation of the Bidens. The Alternative-facts News Networks would take it from there and have Biden's (and the DNC) convicted by nightfall.

We know what you guys are all about.

Well you certainly win the Pole Vaulting competition with that one.

Is quid pro quo the same as son of a bitch ?

Did the VP ever mention his son when he was discussing Obama's foreign policy objectives? Was that demand something that went outside the normal diplomatic channels, without the consultation of our allies in the region? Did Obama send his private attorney to set up the specific demands that Joe's son not be investigated in exchange for our aid?

When we're talking about a job that pays $80,000 a month to a kid who just got kicked out of the Navy Reserves for cocaine, who by the way knows nothing about the oil and gas business? Um?m? ....yes I think there are some questions to ask.

So you want to charge him with what? But we all know criminal charges are not and have never been pending in regards to Joe's remaining son. Nor is that the objective, imo. All Trumpybear wants is a very public announcement of an investigation of the Bidens. The Alternative-facts News Networks would take it from there and have Biden's (and the DNC) convicted by nightfall.

Rep. Al Green: "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

Rep. Al Green: "I'm Concerned If We Don't Impeach This President, He Will Get Re-Elected"

Al made his motion a few months before Trumpybear tried to strong arm the Ukraine into opening a phony investigation into his political opponents. So, like I said nice pole vault.

Al made his motion a few months before Trumpybear tried to strong arm the Ukraine into opening a phony investigation into his political opponents. So, like I said nice pole vault.

Here's a pole vault to 2 years ago . Same old story same old song and dance with you guys

Here's a pole vault to 2 years ago . Same old story same old song and dance with you guys

Yawn, does he have a hot redheaded wife too?

We all saw the quid pro quo in the infamous "phone call"

We saw it illustrated in the texts between Taylor and Sondolm

Mick Mulvaney ADMITTED it.

And guess what? There was no need for there to BE a quid pro quo.

The mere ASK of a foreign entity for election help was illegal on its face

We all saw the quid pro quo in the infamous "phone call"

We saw it illustrated in the texts between Taylor and Sondolm

Mick Mulvaney ADMITTED it.

And guess what? There was no need for there to BE a quid pro quo.

The mere ASK of a foreign entity for election help was illegal on its face
Yeah we're getting to the bottom of that starting with Fusion GPS.

I just wonder what Trump thinks he gets out of continuing to mire in the shit. Mueller gave him a do not go to jail card, but he seems determined not to play it.

I guess he rallies the faithful with his claims it's a coup, but the Ukraine Gambit is getting him in more trouble that Manfort giving Putin the polling data to put up the false facebook ads when Trump didn't have the campaign cash himself. Now Trump's literally got more campaign cash than he can spend. I'd think he would be more focused on touting his positives than negatives.

I just wonder what Trump thinks he gets out of continuing to mire in the shit. Mueller gave him a do not go to jail card, but he seems determined not to play it.

I guess he rallies the faithful with his claims it's a coup, but the Ukraine Gambit is getting him in more trouble that Manfort giving Putin the polling data to put up the false facebook ads when Trump didn't have the campaign cash himself. Now Trump's literally got more campaign cash than he can spend. I'd think he would be more focused on touting his positives than negatives.

Yep. Dems & the deep state goons are up to their necks in it.

As soon as Horowitz is done with his review of the FISA warrant application, the counterintelligence investigation, the Trump campaign, we’ll have a hearing in public with Horowitz and we’ll call a bunch of witnesses,” Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Fox Business’ “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Where is the FISA report? Anticipation builds as DOJ watchdog still hasn’t released review | Fox News

Last edited:

As soon as Horowitz is done with his review of the FISA warrant application, the counterintelligence investigation, the Trump campaign, we’ll have a hearing in public with Horowitz and we’ll call a bunch of witnesses,” Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Fox Business’ “Sunday Morning Futures.”

Where is the FISA report? Anticipation builds as DOJ watchdog still hasn’t released review | Fox News
Yet all roads lead to Putin. I just don't see the advantage to trump here. The dems are going to nominate Warren or one of the Biden successors. I'm sure they'd like Trump's focus to be on Russia.

Yet all roads lead to Putin. I just don't see the advantage to trump here. The dems are going to nominate Warren or one of the Biden successors. I'm sure they'd like Trump's focus to be on Russia.
No roads lead to Putin except the crooked ones in your sick twisted mind.

Yeah, those text messages are pretty damning. It was clear Trump was holding up the arms to Ukraine and a visit to the US by Zelensky until he heard the magic words that Zelensky was going to help Trump against a political opponent and to "exonerate" Putin for meddling in the 2016 election.

Pretty disgusting stuff.

Trump cannot bear the knowledge Putin helped him get elected, and he is using taxpayer money to chase bogus conspiracy theories to clear Putin and by extension himself. And he is colluding with foreign leaders to do it.

Do you smoke dope before coming up with this shit ?

Or is it meth ?

Liberals don't trust Fox News but here's their best friend Chris Wallace....

As Mick clearly said it was a quid pro quo. Get over it. Doesn't matter how many times he insults the people of his country. The notes of the call identify the DNC server investigation as being just one of the favors the Don was demanding before the aid was released.

Well the road the Orangaton is on leads to putin, asshole.

And it's not secret that McConnell is horse whispering to him "when a maj really don't like your personal morals …. it is the economy, stupid

Liberals don't trust Fox News but here's their best friend Chris Wallace....

As Mick clearly said it was a quid pro quo. Get over it. Doesn't matter how many times he insults the people of his country. The notes of the call identify the DNC server investigation as being just one of the favors the Don was demanding before the aid was released.

And ? This is another case of Democrats in the FBI projecting their crime on the opposition who happens to be Trump. And when you step on Trump you step on a lot of Voters who support him, so be careful.

Well the road the Orangaton is on leads to putin, asshole.

And it's not secret that McConnell is horse whispering to him "when a maj really don't like your personal morals …. it is the economy, stupid
Asshole ?
Run along and play with your Play-Doh huckleberry.

Forum List

Back