Questions for Herr Ashcroft

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
US Attorney General John Ashcroft was visiting an elementary school.
After
speaking for 15 minutes, he said, "I will now answer any questions you
have."
Bobby stood up and said: "I have four questions:
1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore?
2. Why haven't you caught Osama bin Laden?
3. Why are you using the American Patriot Act to destroy civil
liberties?
4. Where are the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?"
Just then the bell went off and the kids were sent out to play.
Upon returning, Mr. Ashcroft said: "I am sorry we were
interrupted. I will now answer any questions you have."
A little girl called Julie stood up and said: "I have six questions:
liberties?
4. Where are the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
5. Why did the bell ring 20 minutes early?
6. Where is Bobby?"

If your only purpose on the board is to just express your view, well you've succeeded. If you really expect to have an open debate about how things should and will be done in an attempt to sway others to another way of thinking you will never succeed.

I don't understand why you have constantly used derogatory words and manner to get your point across. It's completely ineffective upon people.

The Bush administration isn't Nazi and any attempt to characterize them as such is poor. Why can't you just accept that they are good men, hoping to provide the US with a safer, better world? You don't have to agree with them but why must you continually attach such dire motives to their actions?

I think it is you who are Nazi- you cannot even give them the slightest bit of courtesy or possibly think that even thought they aren't doing things you believe will result in betterment of the world, THEY DO.

you're just messing with me aren't you jim? not fair moving stuff around on me when I ain't had my coffee yet...

comments when I get to work :)

right, coffee in, opinion out:

Why can't you just accept that they are good men, hoping to provide the US with a safer, better world?

It would be nice if I could. Tho I disagreed with their policies, I did not distrust Bush sr or Reagan as much as I do Bush jr and his administration. We all have a method of assessment used to gauge the validity of and possible motivations behind the words and actions of people we encounter, it's a instinctual thing. For many, Bush does not come across as genuine. For many he does... we'll probably never know for sure either way what was really in his heart that led to his decisions. The question would also bear more weight if it was equally applied to the other side of the political spectrum.

On the original post, it did actually belong in the humor section as it is fictional and a joke (good or bad one you decide). It's going too far to actually call the bush admin. either nazi's or facists, but it's also not going far enough if you absolve them ahead of time of any wrongdoing and don't keep a wary eye on any similarities that crop up. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance as they say...

Originally posted by Aquarian

It would be nice if I could. Tho I disagreed with their policies, I did not distrust Bush sr or Reagan as much as I do Bush jr and his administration. We all have a method of assessment used to gauge the validity of and possible motivations behind the words and actions of people we encounter, it's a instinctual thing.

It's my observation that Bush haters typically had their opinions preformed by the propaganda of the far left. They're not "instincually assessing". They've alrealy been told to hate, and so they do.

For many, Bush does not come across as genuine. For many he does... we'll probably never know for sure either way what was really in his heart that led to his decisions.

I think he's told us already. I believe he was protecting the United States, and he believed, as most world leaders did, including Clinton, that Saddam could be a serious nuclear threat. Plus the 12 years of violations of the cease fire agreement, kicking out inspectors....and more. He's been pretty forthcoming about his reasons, wouldn't you say?

The question would also bear more weight if it was equally applied to the other side of the political spectrum.

On the original post, it did actually belong in the humor section as it is fictional and a joke (good or bad one you decide). It's going too far to actually call the bush admin. either nazi's or facists, but it's also not going far enough if you absolve them ahead of time of any wrongdoing and don't keep a wary eye on any similarities that crop up. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance as they say... [/

I've seen fictional "jokes" like this before. Fictional debates are the only ones liberals ever win. It's sad really.

It's my observation that Bush haters typically had their opinions preformed by the propaganda of the far left. They're not "instincually assessing". They've alrealy been told to hate, and so they do.

Thanks for entirely discounting my personal opinions, rtwngAvngr.

He's been pretty forthcoming about his reasons, wouldn't you say?

He's stated those reasons you mentioned clearly enough. I, personally, do not trust that they are the actual reasons. I am not %100 sure they are not tho, just that I am left wondering at this point. The point of my response was to provide some insight into why someone might not trust bush %100.

Thanks for entirely discounting my personal opinions, rtwngAvngr.

No problem. I like it when people point out when my opinion are at odds with reality. It helps me grow as a person. I'm pro growth.

He's stated those reasons you mentioned clearly enough. I, personally, do not trust that they are the actual reasons. I am not %100 sure they are not tho, just that I am left wondering at this point. The point of my response was to provide some insight into why someone might not trust bush %100.

Yes, he stated his reason clearly enough, but we still may never know what was in his heart when he made those decisions. That's the rub with liars, isn't it?

I haven't actually called bush a liar (I don't think), just indicated my doubts as to his true intentions. Accusations are best made only with sufficient evidence to support them.

I haven't actually called bush a liar (I don't think), just indicated my doubts as to his true intentions. Accusations are best made only with sufficient evidence to support them.

You say you don't know his reasons, though he has explained himself. You must believe the reasons he HAS given are dishonest then.

"He's not a liar, i just have my doubts as to his true intentions." Are you serious with this? You should run for office.

He could be telling the truth, he could be lying. The jury, as they say, is still out. clear enough?

He could be telling the truth, he could be lying. The jury, as they say, is still out. clear enough?

But you seem to already have decided he's lying, that's all. Are you officially backpedalling?

You're right, I decided long ago that bush is a lying, arrogant, self aggrandizing s.o.b. who can't do anything good for a single living person on the planet. I don't know why I continue to pretend to wait for events to unfold and more information to be revealed which would allow me to make a substantiated decision...

/sarcasm

You're right, I decided long ago that bush is a lying, arrogant, self aggrandizing s.o.b. who can't do anything good for a single living person on the planet. I don't know why I continue to pretend to wait for events to unfold and more information to be revealed which would allow me to make a substantiated decision...

/sarcasm

Funny, that IS what it seems like when you act like Bush got up one morning and invaded iraq with no explanation, only to let the rest of us figure out on our own in piecemeal fashion what was in his heart.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
US Attorney General John Ashcroft was visiting an elementary school.
After
speaking for 15 minutes, he said, "I will now answer any questions you
have."
Bobby stood up and said: "I have four questions:

See: Electoral College
One man with a lot of hidding places.
liberties?
The only people that should be upset w/ the patriot act are those that have something to hide.
4. Where are the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?"
See my signature

Frankly the rest doesn't warrant a response. Most 5th graders probably haven't even heard of the patriot act much less the civil libirties that it is supposedly violating.

All of these questions are posed in the spirit of the classic question "have you stopped beating your wife?"

They deserve no response - because their purspose is not to generate a sincere reply. The only purpose is to smear and insult.

The question would also bear more weight if it was equally applied to the other side of the political spectrum.

On the original post, it did actually belong in the humor section as it is fictional and a joke (good or bad one you decide). It's going too far to actually call the bush admin. either nazi's or facists, but it's also not going far enough if you absolve them ahead of time of any wrongdoing and don't keep a wary eye on any similarities that crop up. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance as they say...
first, since you were sincere, I'll answer in part: I have never posted anything on this board to lead you to believe that anything I would say about the "other side" of the political spectrum would be anything but respectful. I have admired Jimmy Carter and posted such on this board- he was an awful president in my opinion. But I don't call him name or ascribe nasty motives to his actions. So it would seem that I agree with you that respect for people's differing opinions does go both ways with me.

Secondly, I have not nor will I ever absolve people for their wrongdoings. However, there's a humongous difference between not liking the means with which someone pursues a goal or not liking the goal itself and stating, rather nastily I might add, that they are nazis, stupid, picking on their families, etc.

This is just the kind of repartee I was trying to spark.

But to accuse me of being a Nazi...That's a bit of a reach, and I never accused Dubbyuh of being one either. It's just that some of the propaganda techniques his Administration uses are essentially the same as those used by Joseph Goebels, or any other despot in history.

I might have implied ;) Dubbyuh and his merry band were a bunch of Nazis, but I never actually came out and called them that. I mean, just because they're making an unprecedented grab for power doesn't make them despots. (wink...wink...nudge...nudge)

Hell, I even voted for him in 2000, but ever since, his words and actions haven't been in synch. He talks a good talk, but he just doesn't walk the walk, unless you happen to be a major campaign contributor...then he'll do handsprings for ya!...You betcha!

Dubbyuh isn't half the man his father is, and I think his ambition srings from a massive inferiority complex. Either that , or Poppy tossed off on a flower pot and raised a bloomin' idiot.

Forum List

Back