Questions for Herr Ashcroft

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    US Attorney General John Ashcroft was visiting an elementary school.
    After
    speaking for 15 minutes, he said, "I will now answer any questions you
    have."
    Bobby stood up and said: "I have four questions:
    1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore?
    2. Why haven't you caught Osama bin Laden?
    3. Why are you using the American Patriot Act to destroy civil
    liberties?
    4. Where are the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?"
    Just then the bell went off and the kids were sent out to play.
    Upon returning, Mr. Ashcroft said: "I am sorry we were
    interrupted. I will now answer any questions you have."
    A little girl called Julie stood up and said: "I have six questions:
    1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore?
    2. Why haven't you caught Osama bin Laden?
    3. Why are you using the American Patriot Act to destroy civil
    liberties?
    4. Where are the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
    5. Why did the bell ring 20 minutes early?
    6. Where is Bobby?"

2. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    If your only purpose on the board is to just express your view, well you've succeeded. If you really expect to have an open debate about how things should and will be done in an attempt to sway others to another way of thinking you will never succeed.

I don't understand why you have constantly used derogatory words and manner to get your point across. It's completely ineffective upon people.

The Bush administration isn't Nazi and any attempt to characterize them as such is poor. Why can't you just accept that they are good men, hoping to provide the US with a safer, better world? You don't have to agree with them but why must you continually attach such dire motives to their actions?

I think it is you who are Nazi- you cannot even give them the slightest bit of courtesy or possibly think that even thought they aren't doing things you believe will result in betterment of the world, THEY DO.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I originally moved this from general to Humor. Back to general we go!

4. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you're just messing with me aren't you jim? not fair moving stuff around on me when I ain't had my coffee yet...

comments when I get to work :)

5. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    right, coffee in, opinion out:

It would be nice if I could. Tho I disagreed with their policies, I did not distrust Bush sr or Reagan as much as I do Bush jr and his administration. We all have a method of assessment used to gauge the validity of and possible motivations behind the words and actions of people we encounter, it's a instinctual thing. For many, Bush does not come across as genuine. For many he does... we'll probably never know for sure either way what was really in his heart that led to his decisions. The question would also bear more weight if it was equally applied to the other side of the political spectrum.

On the original post, it did actually belong in the humor section as it is fictional and a joke (good or bad one you decide). It's going too far to actually call the bush admin. either nazi's or facists, but it's also not going far enough if you absolve them ahead of time of any wrongdoing and don't keep a wary eye on any similarities that crop up. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance as they say...

6. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It's my observation that Bush haters typically had their opinions preformed by the propaganda of the far left. They're not "instincually assessing". They've alrealy been told to hate, and so they do.

I think he's told us already. I believe he was protecting the United States, and he believed, as most world leaders did, including Clinton, that Saddam could be a serious nuclear threat. Plus the 12 years of violations of the cease fire agreement, kicking out inspectors....and more. He's been pretty forthcoming about his reasons, wouldn't you say?

I've seen fictional "jokes" like this before. Fictional debates are the only ones liberals ever win. It's sad really.

7. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for entirely discounting my personal opinions, rtwngAvngr.

He's stated those reasons you mentioned clearly enough. I, personally, do not trust that they are the actual reasons. I am not %100 sure they are not tho, just that I am left wondering at this point. The point of my response was to provide some insight into why someone might not trust bush %100.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

No problem. I like it when people point out when my opinion are at odds with reality. It helps me grow as a person. I'm pro growth.

Yes, he stated his reason clearly enough, but we still may never know what was in his heart when he made those decisions. That's the rub with liars, isn't it?

9. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    true.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Was it your intention to come on and call bush a liar, or did I make you do it?