Question, why do christians bow to statues?

Christians don't.

Catholics do.

"Guno" ends in a vowel that makes him/her/it a probable Italian therefore Catholic so the intimate knowledge of getting a heel stuck up one's ass while genuflecting to a statue is not surprising.

Why do Jews celebrate the murder of every first born son of Egypt?

Never saw it as celebrating the deaths so much as commemorating the event, and giving thanks to God for the rescue.

I would imagine that Christians feel the same way towards any rituals they observe. I am merely pointing out to guano that ALL religions have rituals and traditions that others find either weird or offensive.

You celebrate Passover as a rescue, Egyptians view it as murdering their children. Same event, different POV depending on how you were affected. guano's not evolved enough to understand that rituals are rituals. ALL of them should be respected.

1) it wasn't murder it was their ignorance on storing grains properly. First borns were feed first and more of the small (mold?) tainted rations.
While the other children got no rations or tiny anounts.
2) Because it represents the death of the first son (son of perdition) (Egyptian influenced) false (tainted harvest) messiah.
Both were liberations.

1) it wasn't murder it was their ignorance on storing grains properly. First borns were feed first and more of the small (mold?) tainted rations.
While the other children got no rations or tiny anounts.
2) Because it represents the death of the first son (son of perdition) (Egyptian influenced) false (tainted harvest) messiah.
Both were liberations.

That is certainly one interpretation.

I think they really celebrate their deliverance from slavery.

I agree. The Egyptians interpret it differently. That is my point. guano is a hateful bigot who points to various religious practices as some sort of deviancy. I am merely pointing out that those perceived deviancy's exist in ALL religions.. Which is why all of them should be respected equally.

That does not answer the OP's question, it's merely trying to displace blame saying "johny does it to".
In this case you blamed Johny by your error and found out Johny isn't really doing what you do and now your escape was this reply=failed argument.
Either abide the instructions of the Bible or admit your faith killed over 50million because you can't heed instructions nor deal with human ego.

That does not answer the OP's question, it's merely trying to displace blame saying "johny does it to".
In this case you blamed Johny by your error and found out Johny isn't really doing what you do and now your escape was this reply=failed argument.
Either abide the instructions of the Bible or admit your faith killed over 50million because you can't heed instructions nor deal with human ego.

No, what it did was point out the gross bigotry of the OP.

1st kings 19:18 yet i have reserved 7000 men who have not bowed down before baal nor kissed him or something like that...the majority always followed baal it was onlty a small minority that did not... Most people do not understand the origins of the customs they do but they follow them blindly without thought...foe example an old women goes to her granddaugters house for dinner she watches her granddaughter preparing to fry the fish in a pan... The grandaughter places the fish on the counter and proceeds to cut the head and the tail off the fish and then places the remains in the pan...the grandmother asks her granddaughter why she cut the head and tail off of the fish....the granddaughter replies we have always cut the head and the tail off of the fish it is our custom.... The grandmother smiles and looks at her granddaughter and says oh honey when your grandfather and i were young just like you we were very poor and we could not afford to buy a very big pan so in order to fit the fish in the pan i used to cut the head and tail off so i could cook it properly but your pan islenty large enough you no longer have to do what i did so we could eat our meal....that is how customs start and that is how customs are entrenched and followed blindly...isnt it time that some have not only the courage to question these customs but to ask where they came from and whether they have any real value ... Or do the blind just keep leading the blind....

No, what it did was point out the gross bigotry of the OP.

Maybe he's got a reason, maybe he's partly justified. Your reaction to a legitimate discussion proves he's justified.

Try discussing the topic.
Fact: Christians do bow or tinkle with idols.
Fact: Christians will ask the question:
why do some island tribes worship sharks or ask why do Hindus feed milk to idols of cows.
If Christians are allowed to ask a simple question then why can't Guno.
Therefore the only bogotry I see is Christians against anyone not in the gang they are in.
=affiliation pride=creates gang mentality behavior.

"Question, why do christians(sic) bow to statues"

Christians don't. Some people who identify themselves as Christians may.

"Question, why do christians(sic) bow to statues"?

They be checking for shit on their shoes.

A simple answer for a simple mind. They are not bowing to the statue, but to what the statue represents.

The doofus is running out of anti religion BS to start threads on

Every post you made were insults to the OP as ad hominom attacks rather the refute thw issue raised, therefore you are admitting he's right and your hehavior is out of hurt affiliation pride or remorse for falling victim to a mere rabbit foot like silky superstition.
I don't see you posting anything different.

You folks both seem to think that all Christians are Catholic.

I always felt that if you're going to start criticizing something....you should at least understand it first.

640x392_88087_127401.jpg

why do jews worship Herod's wall and slip their pray papers in it, and rock back and forth, back and forth?

Also why does every Pres. need to put on a skull cap and go to the wall and stare at it?

Never saw it as celebrating the deaths so much as commemorating the event, and giving thanks to God for the rescue.

I would imagine that Christians feel the same way towards any rituals they observe. I am merely pointing out to guano that ALL religions have rituals and traditions that others find either weird or offensive.

You celebrate Passover as a rescue, Egyptians view it as murdering their children. Same event, different POV depending on how you were affected. guano's not evolved enough to understand that rituals are rituals. ALL of them should be respected.

Really? so Jew when we go into the synagogues bow and kneel for the Passover? Have to remember and tell my fellow Jews

How can you tell which kind of christian this is?

rUFxc.jpg

Looks like bowing

kneel10.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back