Question to gays and lesbians wanting marriage rights - denounce you're men/women?

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
Let me assure you first of all that I have nothing against gays and lesbians, because I am under no illusion that this world has a shortage of people as it is. I'm your friend :) .....

Question: I understand that you may feel that there is no need for you to compromise and that you are entitled to the right to marry just like anyone else, but I am not the one to make it legal, my question is this: to please the critics, would you be willing to compromise in exchange for gay marriage that you will no longer be allowed to be considered men/women, on drivers license etc. it will state gay or lesbian?

Also, since many straight men (and I understand them, especially younger) may feel awkward if a gay man next to them enters a public restroom, so gay men must use women's restroom and lesbians must use men's room, is that ok with you? I would have no problem with a lesbian watching me pee...

1) You do realize that you will still be the gender you are even if you renounce it, right?
2) how on earth do you know if a gay man is standing next to you if you pee? It's never even crossed my mind to ask whether the guy in the next urinal is gay. Seriously, what on earth is going through your head?

Let me assure you first of all that I have nothing against gays and lesbians, because I am under no illusion that this world has a shortage of people as it is. I'm your friend :) .....

Question: I understand that you may feel that there is no need for you to compromise and that you are entitled to the right to marry just like anyone else, but I am not the one to make it legal, my question is this: to please the critics, would you be willing to compromise in exchange for gay marriage that you will no longer be allowed to be considered men/women, on drivers license etc. it will state gay or lesbian?

Also, since many straight men (and I understand them, especially younger) may feel awkward if a gay man next to them enters a public restroom, so gay men must use women's restroom and lesbians must use men's room, is that ok with you? I would have no problem with a lesbian watching me pee...

The problem with this is that few people are checking your license. Maybe a visible patch would fit your world view better?

The problem with this is that few people are checking your license. Maybe a visible patch would fit your world view better?
Yes, a patch would be best. I suggest an upside down pink triangle which must be worn on their outer garments at all times under penalty of law.

I have nothing against gays. I'm on their side. This is just a prudent measure we should take. So we know who they are. After all, darkies don't get to hide their ethnicity from us. So a patch is only fair.

Last edited:

Kind of a weird post. Assuming you're joking?

If we were to record "gay/lesbian" on driver's licenses it would be listed under the "sexual preference" field, and not under the sex of a person. And regardless, it would be a violation of privacy and a giant waste of time to force people to list their sexual preference on driver's licenses.

What is the Conservative argument against gay marriage?

After you boil away all the logical fallacies, all that remains is "God hates fags".

God does not hate fags.....Christians do not hate fags either......they hate the sin, not the sinner....

when two men can have a baby together conservatives will revisit the definition of marriage, family, and parenting...

I've never heard one that was convincing. Two same sex adults who want to build their lives around each other should have equal legal rights as two opposite sex adults.

Two gays marrying next door has no effect on my life (I'm a straight, married man).

Last edited:

I've never heard one that was convincing. Two same sex adults who want to build their lives around each other should have equal legal rights as two opposite sex adults.

And someone with a license to drive a car should automatically be allowed to fly commercial airliners.
What does driving or flying have to do with marriage?

I'm your friend :) [said the spider to the fly]

Im a straight male and the last thing I'm worried about while using the facilities...is whom is "gay" or who may see my winker.

And someone with a license to drive a car should automatically be allowed to fly commercial airliners.
What does driving or flying have to do with marriage?

What does gay sex have to do with marriage?

While we are comparing apples to oranges, just thought I'd throw another in

Gays and Lesbians are men and women.

1) You do realize that you will still be the gender you are even if you renounce it, right?
2) how on earth do you know if a gay man is standing next to you if you pee? It's never even crossed my mind to ask whether the guy in the next urinal is gay. Seriously, what on earth is going through your head?
1. Yes, and people who love each other can still be married even if it's unofficial...
2. ID - if I suspect he is starring at my weewee the whole time I'm trying to pee, I can ask him to show me his ID, and if he refuses, I alert the authorities and he's put in prison for peeing in men's bathroom. I know this sounds silly, but that is how the whole politics sounds to me :badgrin:

?

I think that's a poor comparison.

I argue that any adult should aught to have the freedom to marry any adult of his/her choice, whereas you're saying that any adult who's certified to drive a car aught to also be able to fly a plane despite not being certified to do so?

I'm lost..

Last edited:
1. Yes, and people who love each other can still be married even if it's unofficial...
2. ID - if I suspect he is starring at my weewee the whole time I'm trying to pee, I can ask him to show me his ID, and if he refuses, I alert the authorities and he's put in prison for peeing in men's bathroom. I know this sounds silly, but that is how the whole politics sounds to me :badgrin:

I don't think we should involve the government so heavily in our bathroom practices. I think we can manage this privately.

Forum List

Back