Question to gays and lesbians wanting marriage rights - denounce you're men/women?

Let me assure you first of all that I have nothing against gays and lesbians, because I am under no illusion that this world has a shortage of people as it is. I'm your friend :) .....

Question: I understand that you may feel that there is no need for you to compromise and that you are entitled to the right to marry just like anyone else, but I am not the one to make it legal, my question is this: to please the critics, would you be willing to compromise in exchange for gay marriage that you will no longer be allowed to be considered men/women, on drivers license etc. it will state gay or lesbian?

Also, since many straight men (and I understand them, especially younger) may feel awkward if a gay man next to them enters a public restroom, so gay men must use women's restroom and lesbians must use men's room, is that ok with you? I would have no problem with a lesbian watching me pee...

The problem with this is that few people are checking your license. Maybe a visible patch would fit your world view better?
Yes, a patch would be best. I suggest an upside down pink triangle which must be worn on their outer garments at all times under penalty of law.

I have nothing against gays. I'm on their side. This is just a prudent measure we should take. So we know who they are. After all, darkies don't get to hide their ethnicity from us. So a patch is only fair.

Been there, done that, got the tattoo.

Sorry, does that mean you do not support gay marriage?

Drifter, if you read this entire thread you see where I wrote where I look forward to the day when a state finally looks at this mess and has guts enough to say

Enough, we are no longer in the marriage business!

Do I support gay marriage? As a State matter? NO

Do I support Hetero marriage? As a State matter? NOT AS IT CURRENTLY EXISTS!

The only time I think a civil union (which is what a marriage is) would morph into more would be when those involved within the union provide the government with what it needs to exist in the first place. And even then, that additional privilege is simply a tax break for providing future tax payers!

So it is written, so it shall be done

Oh wait, I'm not King yet!

I hope you aren't mad at me for asking. I have read the entire thread I just wanted clarification to my questions.

If you could just directly say yes or no you have no problem with gays being married and having the exact status and privileges as heteros marrying whether its heteros and gays in civil unions or so on.

I am not sure how to ask you clearer than do you support gay marriage in the same exact manner as hetero marriage.

It just seems like your answer don't say yes or no.

From your reply you said : Do I support gay marriage? As a State matter? NO

So then are you saying no you don;t support gay marriage but you support hetero marriage ( because you see those rights as different) ?

Thanks in advance for a direct answer pop:smiliehug:

To be clear, as it currently exists means, something like marriage, I don't care what you call it, is reserved for those that supply, or raises the next generation.

Drifter, if you read this entire thread you see where I wrote where I look forward to the day when a state finally looks at this mess and has guts enough to say

The only time I think a civil union (which is what a marriage is) would morph into more would be when those involved within the union provide the government with what it needs to exist in the first place. And even then, that additional privilege is simply a tax break for providing future tax payers!

I hope you aren't mad at me for asking. I have read the entire thread I just wanted clarification to my questions.

If you could just directly say yes or no you have no problem with gays being married and having the exact status and privileges as heteros marrying whether its heteros and gays in civil unions or so on.

I am not sure how to ask you clearer than do you support gay marriage in the same exact manner as hetero marriage.

So then are you saying no you don;t support gay marriage but you support hetero marriage ( because you see those rights as different) ?

To be clear, as it currently exists means, something like marriage, I don't care what you call it, is reserved for those that supply, or raises the next generation.

I read that to mean you don;t support gay marriage.

Although you still won't directly say it like that.

I didn't attack you for your beliefs just wanted them stated more clear so I knew where you stood.

Thanks.

Two very important questions for you:

1.) Should a 70 year old woman who has grown completely infertile be allowed to marry?

2.) A person who is attracted to people of the same sex can't - under any circumstances - successfully raise a child that will contribute to society?

Last edited:

I read that to mean you don;t support gay marriage.

Although you still won't directly say it like that.

I didn't attack you for your beliefs just wanted them stated more clear so I knew where you stood.

Thanks.

Not mad at all

I stand where I stand

As King, that is exactly how I would handle it

Government is only needed to notarize the paperwork

1.) Can a 70 year old woman who has grown completely infertile "supply" the next generation? Perhaps her boyfriend will have to pick a younger, fertile lady.

2.) A person who is attracted to people of the same sex can't - under any circumstances - successfully raise a child that will contribute to society?

1. They can get a civil union. If they want to marry, that's what church is for. If she has supplied a child for the future she already gets the benefits afforded by the government

2. Completely different issue. If they supply or raise a child they get tax benefit of the morphed union (did I say that right?)

1.) Can a 70 year old woman who has grown completely infertile "supply" the next generation? Perhaps her boyfriend will have to pick a younger, fertile lady.

1. They can get a civil union. If they want to marry, that's what church is for. If she has supplied a child for the future she already gets the benefits afforded by the government

2. Completely different issue. If they supply or raise a child they get tax benefit of the morphed union (did I say that right?)

1. If you're taking the stance that every couple - gay or straight - should only be recognized via civil unions by the government I'm with you. I'm not about to go telling private institutions like churches who they can and cannot considered as "married".

2. Ok

Let me assure you first of all that I have nothing against gays and lesbians, because I am under no illusion that this world has a shortage of people as it is. I'm your friend :) .....

Question: I understand that you may feel that there is no need for you to compromise and that you are entitled to the right to marry just like anyone else, but I am not the one to make it legal, my question is this: to please the critics, would you be willing to compromise in exchange for gay marriage that you will no longer be allowed to be considered men/women, on drivers license etc. it will state gay or lesbian?

Also, since many straight men (and I understand them, especially younger) may feel awkward if a gay man next to them enters a public restroom, so gay men must use women's restroom and lesbians must use men's room, is that ok with you? I would have no problem with a lesbian watching me pee...

Umm, what?

1. If you're taking the stance that every couple - gay or straight - should only be recognized via civil unions by the government I'm with you. I'm not about to go telling private institutions like churches who they can and cannot considered as "married".

2. Ok

For a minute I thought I was going to have to throw you in the royal dungeon!

Bzzzt!! Sorry. Wrong answer. It is not reserved, yada-yada, blah-blah here in Minnesota, nor in sixteen other States.

:beer:

Just as straight people don't find every member of the opposite sex physically attractive, gays and lesbians don't find everyone of their sex attractive either. As a bisexual man myself, I don't find MOST guys attractive. Nor women. Of course I'm 42 and a little wiser than people desperate for sex. :) Attraction involves much more than a pretty bod.

As to would I renounce my sex in order to be lawfully married? Fuck you. ...So ya, that's a 'no.' That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Why should WE compromise on a clear-cut matter of civil rights? Are mixed race marriages expected to state that too? If not, why extend it to the longest persecuted class?

If you can't handle gay marriage, don't involve yourself with it.

Just as straight people don't find every member of the opposite sex physically attractive, gays and lesbians don't find everyone of their sex attractive either. As a bisexual man myself, I don't find MOST guys attractive. Nor women. Of course I'm 42 and a little wiser than people desperate for sex. :) Attraction involves much more than a pretty bod.

As to would I renounce my sex in order to be lawfully married? Fuck you. ...So ya, that's a 'no.' That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Why should WE compromise on a clear-cut matter of civil rights? Are mixed race marriages expected to state that too? If not, why extend it to the longest persecuted class?

I'm curious Delta, being a self proclaimed bi sexual, how your demographic fits in the gay marriage debate. I'm speculating that you hang out with other bi sexual male/females.

Is marriage to a single other individual the goal, or is fairness, to bi sexuals a marriage to one one of both sex the fair thing to do?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just that it, marriage to one of each sex, is what would be the most desirable for someone with an attraction to both.

What is the Conservative argument against gay marriage?

After you boil away all the logical fallacies, all that remains is "God hates fags".

God does not hate fags.....Christians do not hate fags either......they hate the sin, not the sinner....

when two men can have a baby together conservatives will revisit the definition of marriage, family, and parenting...

Two men can have a baby together. They can adopt one and that makes it their baby. As for Christians not hating fags, give me a break. While there are some that do not hate them, I can tell you a great many do. They will tell you that they just hate the "sin" but not the "sinner", but when the preacher starts talking about how God created Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve, and the whole congregation starts whoopin and hollering it up, it's more about hate than anything else. I've been there and seen it. In fact, when it happened I walked out of the church and have never returned.

After you boil away all the logical fallacies, all that remains is "God hates fags".

God does not hate fags.....Christians do not hate fags either......they hate the sin, not the sinner....

when two men can have a baby together conservatives will revisit the definition of marriage, family, and parenting...

Two men can have a baby together. They can adopt one and that makes it their baby. As for Christians not hating fags, give me a break. While there are some that do not hate them, I can tell you a great many do. They will tell you that they just hate the "sin" but not the "sinner", but when the preacher starts talking about how God created Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve, and the whole congregation starts whoopin and hollering it up, it's more about hate than anything else. I've been there and seen it. In fact, when it happened I walked out of the church and have never returned.

Same.

I'm curious Delta, being a self proclaimed bi sexual, how your demographic fits in the gay marriage debate. I'm speculating that you hang out with other bi sexual male/females.

Is marriage to a single other individual the goal, or is fairness, to bi sexuals a marriage to one one of both sex the fair thing to do?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just that it, marriage to one of each sex, is what would be the most desirable for someone with an attraction to both.

I have little to no interest in marriage. So for me it's purely a civil rights-equality issue. Legally, marriage is just a civil contract between two adults. As such, if two gay/lesbian adults can enter into other kinds of contracts like business, they should also be allowed to enter into marital ones. Denying them that for no sound legal reason is completely unfair. And if the only arguements are religious in nature, seperation of church and state would seem to address that - you can't do it.

As to who I hang out with, it doesn't even come up. I don't wear a sign saying "bi feller here." :) I'm just 'sexual' except when discussing issues such as this. Socially, if I'm seeing a guy for all intents and purposes I'm 'gay.' If a gal, I'm 'straight.' I don't so much believe or advocate mongamy, as in my experience it's simply how I'm emtionally wired - one at a time is enough for me. More's a nice fantasy, but in reality I've discovered it isn't satisfying.

Forum List

Back