question for older NFL fans about terry bradshaw

I played football in Canton a few times in high school. We were in the All American Conference with Canton McKinley.I know the history.
We may have bumped heads a few times.
Very possible.
Did you get stabbed in the knee with an ice pick?

if that was you I sincerely apologise.
The only Toledo school I remember playing against was Toledo Scott.

i played against Scott alll the time. they were rivals. Even when there was not a scheduled game we would ride our bikes to go challenge them. And that was when you could get shot for playing football with negros.

My how times have changed.
You still can if the police are shooting at them.

Why is he is not talked about like Joe Montana and also has 4 SB rings and no losses?
Possibly because his overall stats weren't that impressive or eye-opening. He didn't pass for that much yardage or touchdowns compared to other Hall of Fame QB's, but he WAS a terrific leader on the field and a WINNER. He's in MY top ten NFL QB's all-time. In fact, here are my top ten - 1) Tom Brady 2) Joe Montana 3) Drew Brees 4) Peyton Manning 5) Dan Marino 6) Brett Favre 7) Johnny Unitas 8) Terry Bradshaw 9) John Elway and 10) Dan Fouts.
I would have put Ken Stabler on that list. In the late 70s, he had the highest pass completion % of ANY quarterback, since Sammy Baugh in the 1940s.,

Stabler was helped by perhaps the greatest offensive line in NFL history.
Stabler struggled even to get into the HOF let alone be a top 10

Why is he is not talked about like Joe Montana and also has 4 SB rings and no losses?
Because Lynn Swann was the best player on that team during those years.
Swann has some good seasons but isn’t A legit hall of famer

Swann was flashy and had great highlight catches.
Never even broke 900 yards in a season

But he wasn’t a dominant receiver. Stallworth was more of a dependable third down option and was willing to take routes in the middle of the field.

Last edited:

But he wasn’t a dominant receiver. Stallworth was more or a dependable third down option and was willing to take routes in the middle of the field.

How he got into the HOF is a mystery.

C081FA0F-EAB4-4E5B-B1C0-A0D13FA0F61B.jpeg
9C5E418F-ADF3-4C1A-A970-A17029949E44.jpeg
E9587024-7D57-4A17-AE48-3E45504E7D4C.jpeg

And not that I’m a big AJ honk but hell...look at his stats compared to Swann.

9E588D57-BA4E-4077-8E6E-9F128AF1144E.jpeg

I wonder if the HOF voters have a soft spot for The Steelers. Bill Cowher making it was just as baffling.

But he wasn’t a dominant receiver. Stallworth was more or a dependable third down option and was willing to take routes in the middle of the field.

View attachment 313363 View attachment 313364 View attachment 313365

View attachment 313366

I wonder if the HOF voters have a soft spot for The Steelers. Bill Cowher making it was just as baffling.

Swanns numbers are average at best.
Typical season was around 700 yards. No real off the charts season.

He had an acrobatic catch in the Super Bowl that everyone remembered

View attachment 313363 View attachment 313364 View attachment 313365

View attachment 313366

Swanns numbers are average at best.
Typical season was around 700 yards. No real off the charts season.

He had an acrobatic catch in the Super Bowl that everyone remembered
He was famous for making acrobatic catches, and was exciting to watch.

I always liked the underdogs.Bobby Douglass(tough SOB) Namath, Bradshaw, Theisman,Marino was damn good.
Bobby Douglass WAS a tough guy. He probably SHOULD'VE been a running back, not a QB. He held the record for single season rushing yds. by a QB for quite some time. He rushed for over 900 yds. in a 14 game schedule, I believe in 1972. He actually was known to throw the ball TOO hard to his receivers. I recall reading that some of his passes, while right on target, were thrown SO hard they would go right off the receivers' hands. I would've loved to have seen how he would've done as a running back.

I always liked the underdogs.Bobby Douglass(tough SOB) Namath, Bradshaw, Theisman,Marino was damn good.
Bobby Douglass WAS a tough guy. He probably SHOULD'VE been a running back, not a QB. He held the record for single season rushing yds. by a QB for quite some time. He rushed for over 900 yds. in a 14 game schedule, I believe in 1972. He actually was known to throw the ball TOO hard to his receivers. I recall reading that some of his passes, while right on target, were thrown SO hard they would go right off the receivers' hands. I would've loved to have seen how he would've done as a running back.
Reminds me a lot of Jim MacMahon

He ran for 968 yds. in 1972, with a 6.9 yds. per carry average! His career yds. per carry average was 6.5.

Bobby was quite a bit bigger than MacMahon, he was listed as 6 foot 4, 225 lbs. I thought he was heavier than that, and he probably was. But Jim WAS tough, like Bobby, and willing to put his "neck on the line", as they say. Willing to stick his head into the rough play.

Bobby was quite a bit bigger than MacMahon, he was listed as 6 foot 4, 225 lbs. I thought he was heavier than that, and he probably was. But Jim WAS tough, like Bobby, and willing to put his "neck on the line", as they say. Willing to stick his head into the rough play.
He is paying a price now

One hit to the head too many

He is paying a price now

I've read about MacMahon's serious problems because of his MANY concussions during his career. But that was the way he played, tough to a fault. I wish SOME of the current QB's had HALF the toughness and balls Jim had.

He is paying a price now

I've read about MacMahon's serious problems because of his MANY concussions during his career. But that was the way he played, tough to a fault. I wish SOME of the current QB's had HALF the toughness and balls Jim had.
We both added an extra "a" to Jim's surname. I thought it was MacMahon, as well. It's actually McMahon. And he was listed as 6 foot 1 and 195 lbs., quite a bit smaller than Bobby Douglass.

He is paying a price now

We both added an extra "a" to Jim's surname. I thought it was MacMahon, as well. It's actually McMahon. And he was listed as 6 foot 1 and 195 lbs., quite a bit smaller than Bobby Douglass.
He played much bigger

He would never try to avoid a hit. Then would pop up and bang helmets with one of his linemen

Forum List

Back