Question for NON-Ron Paul supporters

If Ron Paul is the GOP nominee, will you vote for him in November?

• Total voters
I've said that I could support Paul if he got the nomination. Of course, I would assume that if he does win he would not object to reconstituing State militias, because we are going to see alot of violence in the next few years.

What exactly would cause this violence you predict?

I could maybe see some violence if Paul actually got some of the cuts made that he wants.

But even Paul knows it has to be gradual. His initial budget plan doesn't remove a single safety net from anyone right off the bat.

Yep he will have to fire a lot to open jobs for his supporters.

A President can't fire a Congressman, only the voters can do that...

So as long as we add no more congressmen the govt does not grow?

Where did this congressmen stuff come from?

You quoted a post and talked about firing people. The post you quoted was talking about reining in Congress. Therefore, the Congressman stuff came from you...

A fair question.

IF Ron Paul were to get the GOP nod, the CHOICE on Election Day would come down to that between MASSIVE CLUSTERFUCK FAIL and Whack-a-doo PROBABLE Fail.

I'd go with the less-than-certain fail.

Yep. I'd vote for RuPaul and, if he were to win, then I'd PRAY that Congress reined-in his dumb ass.

It would be more like him reigning in congress by vetoing the shit out of any bill that grows government by even one more fucking person.

That constitutes one of the better outcomes of having goofy old Ron Paul as President.

It might not outweigh the downside, but it's still a pleasant thought.

A fair question.

IF Ron Paul were to get the GOP nod, the CHOICE on Election Day would come down to that between MASSIVE CLUSTERFUCK FAIL and Whack-a-doo PROBABLE Fail.

I'd go with the less-than-certain fail.

Yep. I'd vote for RuPaul and, if he were to win, then I'd PRAY that Congress reined-in his dumb ass.

It would be more like him reigning in congress by vetoing the shit out of any bill that grows government by even one more fucking person.

That constitutes one of the better outcomes of having goofy old Ron Paul as President.

And that's why I don't support the other 3.

They give me zero reason to expect them to ever veto bills that grow government. All 3 of them have records that indicate the opposite.

Dude...I'm fucking TIRED of this shit. The government is big enough!

Stop the postulating, Ron Paul will not be the nominee, the GOP establishment has already decided that Mitt, the progressive compassionate conservative, will be the man. In short, 4 more years of shit crammed down the throats of all Americans by the enlightened one unless what remains of the conservative faction of the GOP captures both the senate and house.

I've said that I could support Paul if he got the nomination. Of course, I would assume that if he does win he would not object to reconstituing State militias, because we are going to see alot of violence in the next few years.

Leftist revolutionaries who are promising to take to the street.
Islamic Extremists who want to wipe us off the face of the earth because we are the "Great Satan"
Anyone diseffeted with the chaos that is coming this next year in the world and who wants to blame us for their problems.

It is my contention that the GOP Convention is going to be 'brokered'. In other words, none of the 4 candidates will have enough delegates to win the nomination outright. The strategy of the Paul campaign has been in motion for the last 4 years, putting Paul supporters into EVERY state GOP machine and having Paul supporters elected as delegates to the state and national conventions. Should the brokered convention scenario actually occur, I believe Ron Paul will have enough delegates to take the nomination in the 2nd round of voting.

So the question is this... If Ron Paul is the GOP nominee, will you vote for him in November?

Certainly--I really like what Ron Paul has to say on domestic policy--he's right on. BUT--I am bothered by his foreign policy--specifically Iran. I don't think we can let them get a nuclear weapon--because there is no doubt in my mind that they would use it.

Plus--while I understand most of the grips about the Patriot Act--I think we need it in place for counter-terrorism matters. I would prefer to catch terrorists before they act.

Leftist revolutionaries who are promising to take to the street.
Islamic Extremists who want to wipe us off the face of the earth because we are the "Great Satan"
Anyone diseffeted with the chaos that is coming this next year in the world and who wants to blame us for their problems.

None of those scenarios would have anything to do with a Paul presidency, we are facing those regardless of who gets elected.

It is my contention that the GOP Convention is going to be 'brokered'. In other words, none of the 4 candidates will have enough delegates to win the nomination outright. The strategy of the Paul campaign has been in motion for the last 4 years, putting Paul supporters into EVERY state GOP machine and having Paul supporters elected as delegates to the state and national conventions. Should the brokered convention scenario actually occur, I believe Ron Paul will have enough delegates to take the nomination in the 2nd round of voting.

So the question is this... If Ron Paul is the GOP nominee, will you vote for him in November?

Certainly--I really like what Ron Paul has to say on domestic policy--he's right on. BUT--I am bothered by his foreign policy--specifically Iran. I don't think we can let them get a nuclear weapon--because there is no doubt in my mind that they would use it.

Plus--while I understand most of the grips about the Patriot Act--I think we need it in place for counter-terrorism matters. I would prefer to catch terrorists before they act.

Talking good sense again. Glad to see it:)

The chances of Ron Paul being the nominee are about on a par with Jon Huntsman being the nominee.
Outside of Supreme Court nominations I'd be hard pressed to think of a worse choice than between Obama, teh devil we know, and Paul, the devil who is whacko.

They give me zero reason to expect them to ever veto bills that grow government. All 3 of them have records that indicate the opposite.

The other three will not do anything that the People who place them there are unwilling to accept.

If the PEOPLE are sick of this shit, then they show it in a most mysterious fashion by giving the current President another term.

It is a lock-certain guarantee that HE will give us more of the same shit.

The ONLY way to stop that shit is to kick his elected ass OUT of Office. And if the People do that, no newly elected GOP President would DARE to continue what he has been trying.

Besides which, Ron Paul is completely unacceptable as a Commander in Chief. ANY of the other three are sensible compared to Ron Paul.

The ONLY way I'd vote for Ron Paul is if the unthinkable happened and he managed to secure the GOP nod and we were forced to choose between him and President Obama. Thankfully, that is not going to happen.

I won't get into an Iran argument, I think Israel has more than enough firepower to take out Iran's nuclear programs before they get 'the BOMB'.

But the Patriot Act? You're OK with giving up your God-given rights?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

The other three will not do anything that the People who place them there are unwilling to accept.

If the PEOPLE are sick of this shit, then they show it in a most mysterious fashion by giving the current President another term.

The ONLY way to stop that shit is to kick his elected ass OUT of Office. And if the People do that, no newly elected GOP President would DARE to continue what he has been trying.

Besides which, Ron Paul is completely unacceptable as a Commander in Chief. ANY of the other three are sensible compared to Ron Paul.

The ONLY way I'd vote for Ron Paul is if the unthinkable happened and he managed to secure the GOP nod and we were forced to choose between him and President Obama. Thankfully, that is not going to happen.

I have less faith in the GOP than you do.

I have less faith in the GOP than you do.

I understand. But I have NO faith in this President and almost no faith in the sanity of Ron Paul.

And, to be sadly honest, I am not all that happy to report that I am having some serious issues of faith with the American people who seem to be on the possible verge of being oddly content with permitting more of the Obamination to be inflicted on America.

I won't get into an Iran argument, I think Israel has more than enough firepower to take out Iran's nuclear programs before they get 'the BOMB'.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

What rights have you given up with the Patriot Act?

Benjamin Franklin

What rights have you given up with the Patriot Act?

I know. I know.

None.

Heavens no.

Paul’s ignorance of (or contempt for, it makes no difference) the Constitution and its case law alone disqualify him from being president.

His desire to subject American citizens to the tyranny of the states is anathema to the principle of the rule of law. A violation of one’s civil rights is a violation of one’s civil rights, regardless the source.

Paul is in essence a reactionary who holds naïve, anachronistic positions on economic and public policy issues; positions which may have been appropriate for 1812, but not 2012.

And therein lies the problem. There are simply not enough citizens that want our government to operate the way it was designed.

No, the problem is there are many citizens who want the government to operate the way they think it should, predicated on a reactionary fantasy, not fact; many attempt to realize an American past that never existed in the first place.

Oh a Clayton post with "case law" written in it.

What's next, jillian calls us nutters?

Forum List

Back