Question for Muslims

Mar 18, 2004
Look... we respect your faith. We respect your right to exist. We respect the Koran. But, let's be honest: Muslims are at war with Christians, Jews, and Hindus. Not all Muslims, but radical Muslims. Radicalism has taken over Christianity during the Crusades as well as other religions. But right now in history, it is Islam.

We feel the only way to defeat terrorism is to defeat radicalism. The annual GDP of all 22 Arab states combined is less than the annual GDP of Finland. We need to change that. We need to win over the hearts and minds of non-radicals.

My question is: where are the Winston Churchill Muslims that are coming out and condemning terrorism on a daily basis? Why aren't Muslim charities and communities coming out ALL THE TIME, ALL DAY LONG, fighting for THEIR religion, which has been hijacked by terrorists?

We need a Muslim that can be loved by Muslims and will get Islam on the road away from radicalism. Where is he?

How can we help the good Muslims while defending ourselves from radical networks and rogue states?

The second half of the question should be:

Is there even such a thing as a "non radical" muslim? Sure there are those who are not preaching the radical strain of the fanatical Islamists. But do they really disagree with those preachings?:confused:

There's their tribe and our tribe, and whomever dies with the most toys wins.

Right now, we have the most toys and they are jealous because they will never have any toys other than a few sheep, maybe a small car some other moron wants to steal to turn into a bomb, and that towel.

They are not capable of listening to (our) reason because they do not consider it reasonable.

"My question is: where are the Winston Churchill Muslims" (quote preemptingyou03)

There are no "Winston Churchill Muslims". There are only Muslims and 'infidels" and we are the latter, whom they view as less than offal.

This isn't Kansas Dorothy and there will not be an amicable understanding between the two tribes, ever.

I disagree. I feel this war will be fought with every resource available: law enforcement, intelligence, military, etc. But it'll be won when democracy wins over the hearts and minds of future generations of Muslims.

You can't wipe out 1/6th of the planet.

You can't wipe out 1/6th of the planet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Says who??????

"... it'll be won when democracy wins over the hearts and minds of future generations of Muslims.[/B][/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you have prefaced that with "Once upon a time.."?

Nobody believes that line any more; I'm not sure anyone ever did. It made much more sense to say "Give me your hearts and minds or I'll burn your f**king hootch down"!!!! Both will get you about the same results...no where!!!!

It's a shame, because we both probably agree on the military aspect of the War on Terror. I'm as hawkish as they come. But I'm not ignorant.

I understand we have to WIN this war. Not just fight it. You don't.

Will Iraqi children grow up and hate Americans? Will Afghan children? No. Why? They'll be living in free nations because of us. That's where the War on Terror is won.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Will Iraqi children grow up and hate Americans? Will Afghan children? No. Why? They'll be living in free nations because of us. That's where the War on Terror is won.

Those people will never know freedom; they have never had it and never will, their holy men will see to that. The religious leaders have a strangle hold on them and are not about to let go.
They are a tribal people who are used to having dicatorial leaders and that will never change; they are the original "sheeple". Why else would they put up with Saddam and people like him; it's not in their racial genetic make-up to fight for/obtain, or hold onto freedom unless it is an infidel power they are pitted against.

It's a shame, because we both probably agree on the military aspect of the War on Terror. I'm as hawkish as they come. But I'm not ignorant.

I understand we have to WIN this war. Not just fight it. You don't.

I spent 8 years in the Infantry; I understand the game of war.
We do need to win this war but we will not be able to do so as long as we tie our soldier's hands behind their backs with being politically correct.

The enemy knows that we are forced to play by certain rules that they may ignore and that the American people will only play a war of attrition for so long; after we continue to lose 3-5 troops a day for an extended period of time, the citizens will tire of the loss of life with little in the way of positive returns. It will degrade into a Viet-Nam type quagmire.

The best thing we could do is pull out now. We have given them their freedom, what they do with the opportunity is their affair.

Pull out? Before June 30th? Before stability is secured in the region? What would be the point in taking out Saddam, and then leaving behind more enemies than when we went in? Under that logic, we should leave Iraq, and then re-invade it again.

We're playing by the rules because we're humane. We're not barbaric. But we've taken the gloves off, trust me. We've kidnapped the daughters of former regime members, and told them to surrender for the safe return of their daughter.

Sir, you wish to fight this war, but cannot see how we'll win it. Under your logic, every Muslim must be killed.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
There's their tribe and our tribe, and whomever dies with the most toys wins.

Right now, we have the most toys and they are jealous because they will never have any toys other than a few sheep, maybe a small car some other moron wants to steal to turn into a bomb, and that towel.

They are not capable of listening to (our) reason because they do not consider it reasonable.

"My question is: where are the Winston Churchill Muslims" (quote preemptingyou03)

There are no "Winston Churchill Muslims". There are only Muslims and 'infidels" and we are the latter, whom they view as less than offal.

This isn't Kansas Dorothy and there will not be an amicable understanding between the two tribes, ever.

You sicko, how dare you use an icon like that. My family is Jewsih. What? You support those evil Palestinians?

Gos bless America and our good President!

What I meant was, where are the outspoken Muslims for freedom?

bill o'reilly on his show recently had a muslim on there and bill was wondering where the outrage was at the killing of children in iraq by terrorists and al jazzera television just skimming over the story and not give ages of the deceased but when a 13 year old died at the hands of israeli soldiers al jazzera gives all the details.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
The second half of the question should be:

Is there even such a thing as a "non radical" muslim? Sure there are those who are not preaching the radical strain of the fanatical Islamists. But do they really disagree with those preachings?:confused:

If you show them how Americans are killing so many people in the middle east and how terrorists are trying to save them , then ofcourse they will not disgree with those preachings.

Originally posted by Myvoicecounts
If you show them how Americans are killing so many people in the middle east and how terrorists are trying to save them , then ofcourse they will not disgree with those preachings.

Terrorists are trying to save who? If that isn't an oxymoron I don't what is:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Terrorists are trying to save who? If that isn't an oxymoron I don't what is:rolleyes:

The twisted truth, that is what it is supposed to look like, but I don't think you saw my point .

I was actually criticizing the arab leaders on how they control their people, nothing else.

If we were to pull out Iraq at this point in time, we will have wasted the lives of the 700 soldiers that died there. We need to put a boot in the ass of the Iranians and Syrians and tell them if they don't stop pulling strings on their minions in Iraq, they'll be next.

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
If we were to pull out Iraq at this point in time, we will have wasted the lives of the 700 soldiers that died there. We need to put a boot in the ass of the Iranians and Syrians and tell them if they don't stop pulling strings on their minions in Iraq, they'll be next.

Life is not like money that you just spend to get something done for you. The soldiers who died in Iraq were only doing their duty, I am sure they don't want to fight in a war themselves if you ask me, but the country forces them to do so because they are in the military.

It is time to bring home the troops and give Iraqis alot of our tax money that they deserve- even though that does not compensate for the lost lives, it will atleast help them rebuild their broken down nation

Why should we give our tax money to Iraqis?- one nice , simple and good answer would be his mighty self appointed dictator highness - George W. Bush.

In some ways, yes it is. If you have people die in a war in order to liberate country that despertely needs a democracy, you have spent those lives for that goal. Life is much more precious then money and you seem to more concerned about the money then the lives.
According to you, we should just walk away and not care if Iraq becomes a democracy or another Islamic Republic like Iran, dedicated to destroying the United States. If we did that, we would have wasted the lives, and money, that we spent in Iraq to establish a democracy.

Life is much more precious then money and you seem to more concerned about the money then the lives.

Precisely, life is more precious than money and there is no comparison. That is why there shouldn't have been a war, but now there has been a war and thats over and we lost so many people.

But now, to avoid losing more and more American lives. We have to bring our troops back home and to compensate for the loses that Iraqis have suffered , we have to give the Iraqi government some money and make sure it goes to rebuilding homes, businesses and their lives.

Forum List

Back