Question For Christians

Who started Christianity? Who was the first Christian, or main source of what became Christianity?

It is recorded in the Bible that the term was first used at Antioch during the time Paul was going in and out of there.

Act_11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Paul identifies himself as a follower of the "Way" a Nazarene sect at his trial before Felix. This predates the term "Christian".

Acts 24:14-16New International Version (NIV)

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Pauls conversion also involved arresting followers of the "Way".

Acts 9 New International Version (NIV)

Saul’s Conversion
9 Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

Last edited:
...Noticing no consensus. Wouyld think it a simple question. That it doesn't seem so should be popping people's red flags all over the place. "We're Christians, but couldn't tell ya who started it." A tad odd don't you think?

Paul identifies himself as a follower of the "Way" a Nazarene sect at his trial before Felix. This predates the term "Christian".

14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Saul’s Conversion
9 Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

Paul claimed to be a follower of the Way, however a rift developed between them.The Pauline version of Christianity that Catholicism adapted was not the Way.

World Fellowship of Followers of the Way

...Noticing no consensus. Wouyld think it a simple question. That it doesn't seem so should be popping people's red flags all over the place. "We're Christians, but couldn't tell ya who started it." A tad odd don't you think?

We know who started America. The Pilgrims. Then George Washington. Who are the founding fathers of Christianity? The 11 disciples? Then who? It is true their record keeping wasn't very good back in the original days. Jesus should come back again now that we have recorded history. Or show us a real miracle. Have an amputees arm or leg grow back or move a mountain. Don't give me these I see the virgin mother mary in my pancakes crap.

Saul’s Conversion

Paul claimed to be a follower of the Way, however a rift developed between them.The Pauline version of Christianity that Catholicism adapted was not the Way.

The Mormons also claim the tie between Jesus and the current Pope had been tainted for centuries. The bible completely altered, edited, re written, entire parts taken out, etc. So God told Joseph Smith to start a new religion.

Saul’s Conversion

The Mormons also claim the tie between Jesus and the current Pope had been tainted for centuries. The bible completely altered, edited, re written, entire parts taken out, etc. So God told Joseph Smith to start a new religion.

The evidence I have researched leads me to believe that Jesus was an Ebionite "poor one"who taught the "Way". This premise seems to fit the teachings of Jesus more closely, to me, than the Roman Pauline doctrine.

I have empathy for people who have earnestly sought spiritual answers to life's mysteries, and have been so mislead by the worlds religions. There is no doubt that the tampering of scripture has been for one purpose only, the subjugation of the populace.

It is a historical fact that Emperor Palpatine created Christianity to brainwash/ control/ manipulate/ enslave the masses.

The Bible even confirms it if you know how to read the Secret Biblical Code.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to his Design.

No

The consensus is Paul. Look it up anywhere. It's not hard to find.
Paul was a dress-wearing pole smoker who took baths with Jesus.

Last edited:
Not sure who the first Christian, but I know the first time the word "Christian" is used in scripture is Acts 11:26 The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Christian is only used 3 times in scripture. Acts 11:26. Acts 26:28. and 1 Peter 4:16

Saul’s Conversion

The evidence I have researched leads me to believe that Jesus was an Ebionite "poor one"who taught the "Way". This premise seems to fit the teachings of Jesus more closely, to me, than the Roman Pauline doctrine.

I have empathy for people who have earnestly sought spiritual answers to life's mysteries, and have been so mislead by the worlds religions. There is no doubt that the tampering of scripture has been for one purpose only, the subjugation of the populace.

Thank you! For awhile I called myself a Christian because I liked everything Jesus said. I read the red letter bible which highlights everything Jesus supposedly said.

I didn't believe any of the Noah or Adam or Virgin Birth stories. I kind of figured out that when they wrote the bible 100 years after Jesus, they embellished A LOT.

And Jesus never said start a new church. He just told the Jews they were being hypocrites. What do I tell Christians every day? That they are hypocrites! No doubt Jesus would tell us the same thing he told them back then. I go into my church and everyone's buying candles a buck each. They blow them out and reuse them next week. But that plate they pass is full of $. Then they pass the hat TWICE at the end of services. Big Business. LOL.

And I understand many churches do a lot of good with their money. But many don't. Just watch those tv shows. Send the guy $70 x 10 months on credit card? Then I find out he makes over a $1 mill a year? OMG!

As for being the son of god. I would think anyone who believes in god would consider themselves a son, or daughter of god. No?

Forum List

Back