Question About Oscar Boycott

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is the absence of Black nominees this year due to:

1. Racism by the selection committee; or

2. Lack of good roles for Black actors; or

3. Lack of outstanding performances by Black actors?

It seems to me that #1 is unlikely and #2 is probably happenstance (in view of previous years' nominations), so I am wondering if it is #3 this year. I thought Will Smith did an excellent job in Concussion, but it certainly wasn't as challenging as most of the roles of the nominated actors or even some of his own prior roles (for which he was nominated).

My concern is that this may taint the nominations of Black actors in the future. Will it?

P.S. I wish that Queen Latifah would get bigger roles. She has been a favorite of mine ever since Chicago.

They need to hip up the group that votes for the movies...they are a bunch of old white guys..Things have changed and they love the movie which is closest to a John Wayne movie.

On the other hand I think that there was not very many good movies last year , for the whites either ..except for Starwars..

I don't see the need to boycott, perhaps no one listens otherwise. its going to be a boring Oscar evening tonight.

Last edited:
Another fine example of how Liberal leadership ignores the poor Blacks who faithfully vote for them election after election. The good Reverend fighting for the rights of elite Black millionaire actors Woohoo! What a champion for the downtrodden. What a f-k-n fraud.

Forum List

Back