Racism overshadows Oscar nominations

Should people be nominated just for their color?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
So this is not going to initiate government initiatives against racism. Why not? Ask Obama.

Oscars_Reverend-Al_3585014b.jpg

Look at the picture above. The angry black guy accuses the Oscar committee of racism. But in reality, he is the racist because he cannot face the fact that no blacks were nominated ignoring that the share of black people winning Oscars is larger than the share of black people of the population:

20160123_woc197.png

Shouldn´t the whites now outrage in demonstrations and hate speech just like the blacks do when something is not working out for them like they want?

oscars_sowhite_3585024b.jpg

Shame on you, Hollywood. You are provoking violations. You racists! End of irony here.

Links:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race
Oscars 2016: Al Sharpton holds race protests over lack of black nominees
Oscars 2016: Chris Rock teases show with #blackout tweet

See more:
Oppressive Obama regime quells peaceful protests

You just knew Al Sharpton had his slimy hand in all this. if black people made movies everyone wants to watch, they seem to be the same crap over and over. so because they don't, they need to ruin thing for everyone.

Take a look at the real racist and from what party they crawl for.
Karen Bass: We need a true African-American on the Supreme Court, Clarence Thomas doesn't count

Didn't watch. No boycott, I just don't care. Aside from the technical awards, it's a popularity contest, not an indicator of quality.

Take a look at the real racist and from what party they crawl for.
Karen Bass: We need a true African-American on the Supreme Court, Clarence Thomas doesn't count

What she means is that they want someone who thinks like a ni**er on the Court, who can represent their own, often ignorant, views. You know, some nappy headed negro who will "discover" shit in the law like tax deductions for rims, tax credits for weed purchases, and the right to a pair of Air Jordan's.

The debate seems to be one of opportunity to work in films that may result in an Oscar nomination. Hollywood also has wage discrimination too, so it is all very interesting that the liberals in Hollywood do not walk the talk.

I am getting sick and tired of black folks complaining. Fuck! Fucking love America or Leave IT!
You never hear them complain about anything but the way their heritage was made in this country. There's a whole world out there and other races aren't fucking complaining like they do in America. Hell most of these folk who are born in the 70's and forward have nothing to complain about but themselves. You'll never get anywhere blaming everyone else anymore. Take a good look at the way you live day to day and if life doesn't live up to your expectations then do something about it and stop blaming someone else.

Misleading thread title is misleading.

The "controversy" came down to two highly visible and extremely successful performers (Will and Jada Pinkett Smith) plus a director who's been biting the hand that feeds him for decades (Spike Lee) throwing a hissy.

It backfired.

Chris Rock's opening monologue put the issue in perspective, and the performers in attendance (both onstage and in the audience) made their positions clear.

All white people do not think alike. Why are some white people so damn ignorant they assume all black people think alike?

Perhaps the Oscars need broader categories. Best sore losers, most sour grapes awards, Best African American America actor/actress award. Who cares. Haven't followed the Oscar noms ever. The REAL winner: Chris Rock. Real gentleman and genuinely funny.

So USMB RWs have now decided that the Smiths, Spike Lee, and Sharpton speak for all black people? Remarkable.

Since this morning, major news outlets have all been showcasing the Oscars, the so called lack of diversity and black response. WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT THE OSCARS? I rarely ever paid much attention, but...the overdose of political correctness almost sent me into a coma. Like I said, do they need make up categories for BEST sore losers that weren't white? Wow, this is so petty. It is almost meaningful.

I can't help but view actors as children playing pretend games like in kindergarten. It's just so pointless it seems sometimes. Although I do like it too. Watching a portrayal or performance can be entertaining but sometimes the story can bring back a terrible event in one's own life that can be hurtful. Also much of the so-called comedy seems downright mean.spirited.

Forum List

Back