Question about Noah.

especially P(i)MP.
ah, seizing the high moral ground I see.....why do atheists always resort to insult when they begin to look foolish?.......
I'm not the one who says he believes in the bible then doesn't believe in the stories like a global flood.
and for that you call me a pimp?....at least when I call you ignorant it is based upon obvious reality.....
You pimp out whore-like stories that are based on fantasy. :clap:

Well, I guess no bible believers here can verify the flood story or defend it properly. I'm a little surprised actually. Didn't think THAT would happen!

The 3 pigs is an admitted fairy tale.
...about tornadoes, and you would miss the lesson if you just dismissed it because no one could explain how pigs built houses.
The point isn't about the lesson (I get that part), it's about whether ANYONE still believes that the bible stories are true.

...about tornadoes, and you would miss the lesson if you just dismissed it because no one could explain how pigs built houses.
The point isn't about the lesson (I get that part), it's about whether ANYONE still believes that the bible stories are true.
The 3 little pigs IS true, houses built from straw and sticks can't survive a tornado.

The 3 little pigs IS true, houses built from straw and sticks can't survive a tornado.
LOL! So a wolf blew their houses down? Were the pigs wearing overalls like in the Disney cartoon? :D

LOL! So a wolf blew their houses down? Were the pigs wearing overalls like in the Disney cartoon? :D
The wolf represents the tornado, and Disney didn't invent the story.

The story is true for the lesson it convays.

Ok, you must get your retard from P(i)MP. A wolf didn't actually blow houses down, therefore the story isn't true. Pretty simple really. Now shut up.

Ok, you must get your retard from P(i)MP. A wolf didn't actually blow houses down, therefore the story isn't true. Pretty simple really. Now shut up.
The story is true because it conveys truth. If you want to survive a tornado, or really any severe storm, you need a solid house made of brick.

Likewise the story of Noah is true even if no flood ever occured, because faith can carry you through when you're whole world is destroyed.

There are many ways something can be true. Literally true is just one.

The story is true because it conveys truth. If you want to survive a tornado, or really any severe storm, you need a solid house made of brick.

Likewise the story of Noah is true even if no flood ever occured, because faith can carry you through when you're whole world is destroyed.

There are many ways something can be true. Literally true is just one.
So you don't believe that the bible stories are true in a physical sense. I get it.

So you don't believe that the bible stories are true in a physical sense. I get it.
Some are, some aren't. The book of Jobe, for example, is generally excepted as pure allegory loosely based on a possible real person. It's true because it conveys truth even-though non of it actually happened. The genealogy of Adam to Noah is telescoped, which was a common practice when recording genealogy at the time. But today we look at it and think it includes every name from every person because that's how we do it today, and that's how we get Young Earth Creationism. The 4 horses of the apocalypses and the Beast in revelations are governments, not actual creatures.

I personally think the story of Noah is true, I just see no reason to believe it was global.

On a related note: Noah did not take in 2 of every animal. The texts says 2 of every kind of animal. So not 2 mallards and 2 geese and 2 wigeons, but just 2 Anatidae. This reduces the capacity needs of the Ark considerably, which makes it's stated dimensions much more realistic.

Last edited:
Some are, some aren't. The book of Jobe, for example, is generally excepted as pure allegory loosely based on a possible real person. It's true because it conveys truth even-though non of it actually happened. The genealogy of Adam to Noah is telescoped, which was a common practice when recording genealogy at the time. But today we look at it and think it includes every name from every person because that's how we do it today, and that's how we get Young Earth Creationism. The 4 horses of the apocalypses and the Beast in revelations are governments, not actual creatures.

I personally think the story of Noah is true, I just see no reason to believe it was global.

On a related note: Noah did not take in 2 of every animal. The texts says 2 of every kind of animal. So not 2 mallards and 2 geese and 2 wigeons, but just 2 Anatidae. This reduces the capacity needs of the Ark considerably, which makes it's stated dimensions much more realistic.
"You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. "
2 of all living creatures, and every kind of bird. So mallards, geese AND widgeons.

So basically, you're a pick-and-chooser. You don't believe the parts that don't seem to be believable. So either the bible is not the word of god, or god's a liar. Which is it?

"You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. "
2 of all living creatures, and every kind of bird. So mallards, geese AND widgeons.
Mallards, geese and widgeons are all the same kind of bird, so only 2 from that family are required.

So basically, you're a pick-and-chooser. You don't believe the parts that don't seem to be believable. So either the bible is not the word of god, or god's a liar. Which is it?
The word of god is inerrant, translations contain errors, therefore no translation is the word of god. Only the original text can be the word of god. Christians don't learn Hebrew which means Christians have never read the word of god. This of course debases Christianity as a religion, and rightly so.

Well, I guess no bible believers here can verify the flood story or defend it properly. I'm a little surprised actually. Didn't think THAT would happen!
what a fucking idiot.....
Says the old fart with no rational position while wearing Depends.
yes, because all intelligent thought Depends on it........thanks for showing everyone the true purpose of your silly thread......

if I'm a pimp., does it mean you're working for me now?......

Mallards, geese and widgeons are all the same kind of bird, so only 2 from that family are required.

The word of god is inerrant, translations contain errors, therefore no translation is the word of god. Only the original text can be the word of god. Christians don't learn Hebrew which means Christians have never read the word of god. This of course debases Christianity as a religion, and rightly so.
There is no such thing as the "word of the gods". The bibles were written by men with no input, direction or narration by any of the christian gawds.

The bibles are clearly and inarguably books written by men.

Forum List

Back