Question about Jan 6th Protestors

Well, true and patriotic and law-abiding responsible Americans did not want a "true insurrection". Rather, the vast vast majority of Americans wanted the Constitutionally mandated peaceful-transfer-of-power that we've expected for over 200 years.

On the other hand, a few (thousand) fringies totally absorbed into a cult-of-personality sought to break our laws, savagely beat our uniformed police, threaten to kill our leaders, vandalize our Capitol, then in a fitting gesture of their character, quality and demeanor......pooped & pee'd in the hallways and offices of that Capitol.

So, count me skeptical about Jackson's requirements for real "insurrections".....and the support by quality Americans.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What 'unfolded' facts?
Show us.
Link us to creditable sources who have insight and are in a position to know.

And whatever 'facts' you may offer the forum....well, too, offer the forum the context. Doing a Tucker Carlson-style creative edit of showing empty corridors as proof that nothing happened.......won't add to your own credibility Jackson.

IMHO
This thread is not about BLM

That is a valid question. And one, I believe the Special Counsel has or is seeking insight on.

To summon the crowd to DC (Be there, it will be wild); then incite that crowd with violent rhetoric by the warm-up acts and Trump himself, with the one small fig-leaf of 'peaceful'; and the coordinated leadership role of two Alt Right extremist groups...Proud Boys & Oathkeepers; the suspect Willard Hotel 'war room" (?) manned by Flynn, Stone, and other enablers......well, all of that, sorta kinda raises legitimate questions. As has poster Rightwinger.

----------------------------------------------------------

MAGA?
The MAGA world has gotta be proud to number an individual like above....among their ranks. Does he add polish or gravitas to their movement?

Make America great again......but huffing & puffing with naughty words?
Personally, I think America is better than that.
We need not settle for the low end. Responsible educated Americans expect more and better.
IMHO
------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, yeah. First look at the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers. There is excellent reportage recently posted on this chatroom that demonstrates graphically and forcefully the intentions, plans, and actions of the Proud Boys (now serving 22 to 10yrs in prison).
Was that a homegrown organic 'seditious conspiracy' and violenct-to-a-goal? Or did they have the imprimatur of someone with authority?

Enter Jack Smith.

Thankfully.
------------------------------------------------

OK, I ain't bettin' my farm......but I'd wager on yours. Don Trump was not a naif on January 6th. He had expectations that something good was happeing for him. Hence, he sat in front of the telly merely watching the violence, injury and death unfold. And he did nothing. As the leader, where the 'buck stops'.... he did nothing. He was....in my opinion....waiting for the dénouement that would NOT overthrow the government.....but KEEP him in that government.

He miscalculated and his enablers miscalculated.
All since, is just covering up.

IMHO
What I remembered is when he was running for office and told a group to stand down and stand by. That was the start of how I remember him in an Authority role and he went on to get elected. This was also the impression I got on J6.

The question is not Trumps cover your ass statement

I am asking why they were there in the first place
Trump lied to them, told them the election was stolen, told them Mike Pence could overturn the states, told them the Senate could refuse to certify the vote.

What is your guess that Trump was trying to accomplish?
Wnat did he want his Republican Mob to do?

I answered that. I don’t know what he was trying to accomplish, only he knows that. Maybe he already told us why, he held a rally, and told them to go peacefully cheer on their senators..

What you trying to say is, trump told people to come to Washington DC, and without actually saying it, and with him telling people to be peaceful, he hoped people would “catch the drift”, and hoped they would start a riot outside the capitol, and hoped they would find the guts to actually go INSIDE the capitol, and try to get into the senate chamber. Trump had to have hoped his supporters would do all of that and hoped that some of them wouldn’t say “ya know, this is a bad idea, we could get arrested, we could get shot, and at the end of the day, it’s not going to change anything”.

All of this is hinged on Trump “hoping” that people would somehow get the message that Trump wanted them to do all of that.

Perhaps the whole “agitators in the crowd”’thing has merit?

Also, you have to remember, some of this was pre planned. In other words, there were some people who showed up who KNEW they were getting inside the capitol. At least one guy showed up with zip ties…now, how do you expect he thought to bring them unless he knew that he was going to get into, or at least attempt to get inside the building that day?

And the gallows..that has to have been pre planned, so at least SOME of this stuff was in the works before Trump ever gave that speech.

There are just a lot of assumptions going on to believe that Trump somehow did all this on the mere hope that everyone there would subliminally clue into his plan, and that everyone would be willing to go through with it.

What I want to know is, did the protestors think Trump was going to declare Marshall Law? Do they now feel misled? Now that they are in prison, how do they feel about Trump? Would they still support him now as they sit in prison?

It is my own opinion that Trump did rile up citizens into thinking some major event would happen. I do think it is unfair they are in prison when he was the Leader.

I just wonder if those families whose loved ones are in prison still support Trump.

What is your personal opinion about this this if you have one ?
How were they "riled up" when the false flag "attack" commenced before his speech to them was finished?

How were they "riled up" when the false flag "attack" commenced before his speech to them was finished?
IMO he had a theme since running for office including the stand by stand down. It gave ME that impression of power and authority and his inference and hopes were received I felt he had alot of influence as the leader of the Country. Thatis my perception and opinion. Remember I am only asking people of their own personal opinions or take on it.

Hmm, not "fight like hell" or you're not going to have a country anymore?

After many hours and speakers who riled the crowd up did he say the word peacefully? How many times did he repeat it? None. How many times did he use combative speech after that one utterance? About an hours worth.

How many times has any poitician given a rhetoric filled speech where they have said “you have to fight” and NONE of them said “do it peacefully”.

The use of the phrase “fight like hell” was probably used in the same context as any other politician has used it.

How many times has any poitician given a rhetoric filled speech where they have said “you have to fight” and NONE of them said “do it peacefully”.

The use of the phrase “fight like hell” was probably used in the same context as any other politician has used it.
I can't accept that equivocation. McConnell said it best in 2021.

"They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election. Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

..... something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.
And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

"The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th.

It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged "trial by combat."

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe; the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was being stolen in some secret coup by our now-president.

I defended the president's right to bring any complaints to our legal system. The legal system spoke. The Electoral College spoke. As I stood up and said clearly at the time, the election was settled.

But that reality just opened a new chapter of even wilder and more unfounded claims.

The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.

Sadly, many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.
This was different."

OK
What were they supposed to fight for?
Congress was certifying the election, what did Trump expect them to do about it?
He repeatedly claimed it was their job to Stop the Steal
How did he expect them to do that?

Last edited:
I answered that. I don’t know what he was trying to accomplish, only he knows that. Maybe he already told us why, he held a rally, and told them to go peacefully cheer on their senators..

What you trying to say is, trump told people to come to Washington DC, and without actually saying it, and with him telling people to be peaceful, he hoped people would “catch the drift”, and hoped they would start a riot outside the capitol, and hoped they would find the guts to actually go INSIDE the capitol, and try to get into the senate chamber. Trump had to have hoped his supporters would do all of that and hoped that some of them wouldn’t say “ya know, this is a bad idea, we could get arrested, we could get shot, and at the end of the day, it’s not going to change anything”.

All of this is hinged on Trump “hoping” that people would somehow get the message that Trump wanted them to do all of that.

Perhaps the whole “agitators in the crowd”’thing has merit?

Also, you have to remember, some of this was pre planned. In other words, there were some people who showed up who KNEW they were getting inside the capitol. At least one guy showed up with zip ties…now, how do you expect he thought to bring them unless he knew that he was going to get into, or at least attempt to get inside the building that day?

And the gallows..that has to have been pre planned, so at least SOME of this stuff was in the works before Trump ever gave that speech.

There are just a lot of assumptions going on to believe that Trump somehow did all this on the mere hope that everyone there would subliminally clue into his plan, and that everyone would be willing to go through with it.

The biggest indicator of Trumps intent for the Republican Mob was what was his reaction when the mob turned violent?

Rather than jump to contain an angry mob and calm them down, he seemed content to let it play out and see if they could stop Congress.
When given a chance to protect his Vice President, Trump chose to add fuel to the fire and question his patriotism.
The Republican Mob reacted with……Hang Mike Pence

I can only go on what he said.

Guess what, P01135809 lied his fucking ass off. Before 01-06 he told his cultists to "Stand Back AND Standown." He sent further message(s) telling them to be in Washington, D.C. on 01-06 telling "It Will Be Wild"

He also them on 01-06 to, "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

P01135809 did nothing to stop the violence at the United States Capitol Building for severa hours. The Secretary of the Army was blocked from sending out D.C. National Guard. You see, in D.C the Guard is under the control Secretary of Army, NOT the Mayor of D.C. No fuck stick, Speaker Pelosi had no authority to call out Guard and there is video of pleading for the F,B.I. to send help. No Speaker of the House has be power to call the Guard.

P01135809 Wanted VIOLENCE. He called his own Vice President a "Traitor". When he was told that Pence was in danger he said, "So What".

He knew many of his cultists were armed and in fact he told the Secret Service to, "Take the fucking mags away". P01135809 was referencing the Magnetometers used by the Secret Service to detect fire-arms. He wanted violence.

After the Secret Service refused to the Capitol Building due to security concerns. P01135809 watch the Insurrection a TV in the White House, he would replay parts events unfolding on national television.

He wanted watch as his cultists attacked U.S. Capitol Hill Police Officers. He enjoyed watching the Men and Woment charged with defending and protecting the U.S. Capitol Building being attacked with bear spray and metal polls.

P01135809 enjoyed watching violence, under his orders the Secretary of the Army was prevented from calling up the National Guard. P01135809 loved the violence, he watched it unfold on television, he would rewind to watch the violence be committed in his name.

You are defending a Rapist and Traitor. But you do not care, like him you want a Fascist Dictatorship. You are a Traitor as well.

Last edited:
J6 has been completely overblown. If Americans sought a true “insurrection” they would have stormed the Capitol, en masse, with firearms and/or other weapons of war. Instead, a few of them painted their faces and strolled around looking at things (along with their Capitol Police guides). As the facts have unfolded, it has been revealed that much of this fiasco was an inside job planned and perpetrated by Pelosi, the FBI, and other Deep State insiders.
Well, don't forget they stole a beer.

What I want to know is, did the protestors think Trump was going to declare Marshall Law? Do they now feel misled? Now that they are in prison, how do they feel about Trump? Would they still support him now as they sit in prison?

It is my own opinion that Trump did rile up citizens into thinking some major event would happen. I do think it is unfair they are in prison when he was the Leader.

I just wonder if those families whose loved ones are in prison still support Trump.

if law enforcement warned you for weeks that trouble chances are high, what would someone with a brain do?

A- Decrease security, as was done that day

B- Make sure i had max security

this is the only question that needs to be asked

"They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election. Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

..... something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.
And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth.

So McConnell is your Kreskin now?

You moronic leftards actually believe he can read your mind?

If so, you're even more nuckin futz than I thought.

The issue is not language at all, stupid fucking leftard.

It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged "trial by combat."

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe; the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was being stolen in some secret coup by our now-president.

I defended the president's right to bring any complaints to our legal system. The legal system spoke. The Electoral College spoke. As I stood up and said clearly at the time, the election was settled.

But that reality just opened a new chapter of even wilder and more unfounded claims.

The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.

Sadly, many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.
This was different."

Tons and tons of utter leftard bullshit. ^^^

And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

This was different."
Please answer post 112.......A or B

So McConnell is your Kreskin now?

You moronic leftards actually believe he can read your mind?

If so, you're even more nuckin futz than I thought.

The issue is not language at all, stupid fucking leftard.

Tons and tons of utter leftard bullshit. ^^^
MAGANUTS hate Mitch McConnell or anyone who tells the stone cold truth about Jan 6th, why it happened, and who's to blame.

if law enforcement warned you for weeks that trouble chances are high, what would someone with a brain do?

A- Decrease security, as was done that day

B- Make sure i had max security

this is the only question that needs to be asked
Irrelevant. The fault for that day lies with Trump and his supporters who stormed the Capitol in an illegal attempt to disrupt a Constitutional procedure.
Or, you as citizens who thought and had a brain that it was wise not to gather at the Capitol and not storm the building.

I respect the effort, but they are deranged, there is no logic to it. Democrats are angry children stomping their feet and demanding their way

Forum List

Back