Queer DNA isolated. Now they just need to work on a cure.

I never understood the right wing's rabid hatred of gays. I mean, who cares?

We never could understad how you can accept forcing it down people's throats.

Kind of like mamma making you eat tuna when you hate it, but you gotta do it.

There isn’t as much hate as you think. Just as there is hate among some Dems that is never mentioned.
What a lot of people from both sides don’t like is the flagrant public displays at many of their parades.

And by 'forcing it down people's thoughts'.....you mean exercising the same rights as everyone else?

Lets say a gay couple gets married. How does that effect you? Why would it spark the kind of panty shitting hysterics that we've seen in this thread? The arbitrary hostility, rage and violence directed at gays for something as trivial as sleeping with another consenting adult is astonishing.

I mean, don't you guys have more serious shit to concerns yourselves with?

And by 'forcing it down people's thoughts'.....you mean exercising the same rights as everyone else?

Lets say a gay couple gets married. How does that effect you? Why would it spark the kind of panty shitting hysterics that we've seen in this thread? The arbitrary hostility, rage and violence directed at gays for something as trivial as sleeping with another consenting adult is astonishing.

Yeah so making a cake baker BAKE a fking cake isn't quite both sided.

If you don't believe in GOD, but Trump said you must attend CHURCH every Sunday and it's not your gawd dam religion .................... Mmmmk you all use the CONSTUTION as a fkn weapon the sad part is most of you idiots are to stupid to realize it's going to make it's way back to you dumbasses too.

And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it.
Isnt that true of just about every segment of our society we deem 'degenerate'?

What alcoholic would want to be an alcoholic?
There are many alcoholics that would choose alcohol over not. An easy way to escape reality.

No, I said choose alcoholism, or to be an alcoholic. They have difficulty refusing alcohol, but it is possible and many learn to do it with Faith in God and a commitment to amend their lives.

It can be done. The worst thing one can do to these people is to tell them that they are born this way and cannot change their spots.

Fortunately for alcoholics, Alcoholics are not yet an organized Dimocratic Party constituency.

A true gay can’t escape the reality.

Other than the 'True Scotsman' fallacy, you are also making presumptions, as many former homosexuals are living fine lives as normal heterosexuals.

Our sexuality exists along a gray scale of everything from asexuality to heterosexuality to bisexuality and homosexuality.

It is fluid and changes throughout our life time.

It is ironic that sexual orientation is now considered set in stone but gender is not.

Actually, because the DNA is what determines the structure of the brain, and brain structure has an awful lot to do with sexual identity, you'd have to figure out how to rewire their brain as well.

Well we all know that queers certainly have some wires crossed.

No but you can pass laws that keep their bigotry where it belongs -- in the shadows of their own homes.

There's only so much you can do under the Constitution. Better to persuade instead of trying to force.

Really? You can do a lot to enforce equal protection under our laws.

And thee people can't be persuaded. All that is left is protecting others from them.

We already have laws that do that. What more do you want?

Enforcement. Simple

So, bigots should go to jail because they say all heterosexual males are potential rapists? That would be interesting, to say the least.

where are the anti-heterosexual bigots? that's kind of bizarre. and I don't think anyone said bigots should go to jail for being morons. but they sure can be fired.

Actually, because the DNA is what determines the structure of the brain, and brain structure has an awful lot to do with sexual identity, you'd have to figure out how to rewire their brain as well.
Of course this guy would be the first person reading about a cure for gay

actually bubbalah, gramps was the first.

want to wrap your head around that one?

one, your link made it clear that we are not talking about a "gay gene".

two, why would they want to "cure" it? to make some bigots happy?
One, I never mentioned a gene.
Two, it would make everyone of high moral character happy.
You really believe that sexuality and morality are linked? How one expresses their sexuality---can be quantified in a moral fashion..but sexual preference? I bet you are one of those people that think pedophilia and homosexuality are morally the same.
Yes they are. A moral person would never perform sexual acts in the Oval Office.

A moral person would never watch 15 year old girls get undressed or gran women by the genitals or have the hits for under age girls.

A moral person would.never vote for someone who did those things.

You lose

Did you vote for a man who, as the most powerful man in the office, used the least powerful woman for his adulterous sexual pleasures? Someone just said something about moral people not doing that.

no one voted for Bill Clinton after he had his thing with monica. He never ran for anything again, silly child.

but i'll remind you that a) monica was 21; b) it was consensual; c) she wasn't the one who complained about it, the cow linda tripp was; and 4) monica went to work as an intern saying she was going to "get [her] presidential kneepads.

so while I appreciate your sudden concern for women, it should probably extend to the man in the white house now and the disgusting child molester running for senate in Alabama.

Yeah so making a cake baker BAKE a fking cake isn't quite both sided.

Yeah, because this thread is about cake. And there was no hostility ever toward gays before that baker got sued.

C'mon, MW. How does a gay couple getting married effect you?

If you don't believe in GOD, but Trump said you must attend CHURCH every Sunday and it's not your gawd dam religion .................... Mmmmk you all use the CONSTUTION as a fkn weapon the sad part is most of you idiots are to stupid to realize it's going to make it's way back to you dumbasses too.

I have no problem using the constitution to extend rights to people.

For some it isn’t set in stone. For others, I believe it is.
And it is not ours to judge. And if you want to go that route, God said to love the sinner. He also had to send Christ because we are all sinners, to save us. There is much hypocrisy within some churches. They will overlook infidelity, but not of being gay. They will forgive the adulterer or felon, but not the gay. Until we have walked in the shoes of another, if they are bringing no harm to others, I don’t believe we are to judge.
I know some gays that read the Bible daily, believe Christ is our Savior, and would not harm a flea, and have hope to one day see heaven. Only God knows if there is a genetic component for some at this point. It will be His decision as to whether they receive His glory one day. Not ours.
And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it.
Isnt that true of just about every segment of our society we deem 'degenerate'?

What alcoholic would want to be an alcoholic?
There are many alcoholics that would choose alcohol over not. An easy way to escape reality.

No, I said choose alcoholism, or to be an alcoholic. They have difficulty refusing alcohol, but it is possible and many learn to do it with Faith in God and a commitment to amend their lives.

It can be done. The worst thing one can do to these people is to tell them that they are born this way and cannot change their spots.

Fortunately for alcoholics, Alcoholics are not yet an organized Dimocratic Party constituency.

A true gay can’t escape the reality.

Other than the 'True Scotsman' fallacy, you are also making presumptions, as many former homosexuals are living fine lives as normal heterosexuals.

Our sexuality exists along a gray scale of everything from asexuality to heterosexuality to bisexuality and homosexuality.

It is fluid and changes throughout our life time.

It is ironic that sexual orientation is now considered set in stone but gender is not.

:clap:
It is weird...and I'm not so sure it's even true. People seem to realy have a desire to simplify this issue. Lots of knee-jerking on all sides of the issue.

I have several friends who have sex with both genders...they have no real preference...as far as equipment goes. They tell me that they have gotten real abuse from the gay community..because they don't claim to be gay..and it is the current politically correct position that there are no Bi-sexual people. All this because no one wants to own the fact that sexuality..and orientation CAN be a choice...sometimes it is..and some time it is not..often it is a combination of predisposition and choice.

Ideally, orientation and gender should run hand in hand--but, of course, they often do not. I know many gay men who have no desire to be a woman..they like being male..and they like having sex with men.

As for lesbians..I have spoken to many who tell me that their lifestyle is a choice..and that why they chose it has a lot to do with abusive men..and being in a relationship that is gentler and more accepting. A lot of women report sexual interactions with other women..and yet claim not to be lesbian.

Again, choice.

Other women...no choice..just made that way.

But a nuanced conversation about a highly complex topic..is not really germane...on this site.

For some it isn’t set in stone. For others, I believe it is.
And it is not ours to judge. And if you want to go that route, God said to love the sinner. He also had to send Christ because we are all sinners, to save us. There is much hypocrisy within some churches. They will overlook infidelity, but not of being gay. They will forgive the adulterer or felon, but not the gay. Until we have walked in the shoes of another, if they are bringing no harm to others, I don’t believe we are to judge.
I know some gays that read the Bible daily, believe Christ is our Savior, and would not harm a flea, and have hope to one day see heaven. Only God knows if there is a genetic component for some at this point. It will be His decision as to whether they receive His glory one day. Not ours.
We are not to judge the heart and intention of those engaged in sin, but when we defend the standards of just what sin is, that is not passing judgement, that is defending God's Laws.

To say that sexual preference is a choice seems apparent to me, but to say it is passing judgement on a person is not so apparent, when there are two parts to the Gospel; that we are steeped in predefined sin and Christ came to save us from that sin.

You cannot have forgiveness from sin mean anything if we constantly bleach exactly what sin is.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the US wasn’t known for having a bunch of weirdos and freaks?
Libs are a embarrassment to this country.

There's only so much you can do under the Constitution. Better to persuade instead of trying to force.

Really? You can do a lot to enforce equal protection under our laws.

And thee people can't be persuaded. All that is left is protecting others from them.

We already have laws that do that. What more do you want?

Enforcement. Simple

So, bigots should go to jail because they say all heterosexual males are potential rapists? That would be interesting, to say the least.

where are the anti-heterosexual bigots? that's kind of bizarre. and I don't think anyone said bigots should go to jail for being morons. but they sure can be fired.

There are no laws, nor should there be, that a person must lose their job because they hold an opinion. And have you nor heard from bigots that all men are rapists?

Forum List

Back