Queer DNA isolated. Now they just need to work on a cure.

I dumbfounds me why anybody cares, much less thinks there should be a "cure". After we "cure" being gay, shall we turn to left handedness, next?

Lol, you think homosexuality is the equivalent of left handedness? roflmao

Why do so many people focus so much attention on something that does not harm themselves or anybody else?

The spread of HIV has not harmed anyone?

You are delusional.

Being Queer is a choice...your not born that way
Personally, I think yes, in some you are right, others not so much.
And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it. They also have a desire for tradiotnal families, but the living a lie part would be too hard for those they love and themselves.

And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it.
Isnt that true of just about every segment of our society we deem 'degenerate'?

What alcoholic would want to be an alcoholic?

And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it. They also have a desire for tradiotnal families, but the living a lie part would be too hard for those they love and themselves.

It's a mental disorder that can and has been cured many times.....we need to offer more mental health therapies to gay men and women just like druggies and alcoholics receive.

And many gays have told me, they would not choose to be gay. The stigma they receive would not be worth it.
Isnt that true of just about every segment of our society we deem 'degenerate'?

What alcoholic would want to be an alcoholic?
There are many alcoholics that would choose alcohol over not. An easy way to escape reality. A true gay can’t escape the reality.

Just like being hetero is a choice....when did you make your choice?

Biology proves Heterosexuality is not a choice. Why do progressives hate science so much?
It has been the RWNJs who have been pushing the ridiculous notion that sexual orientation is a "choice," not to mention the even more ridiculous notion that sexual orientation is a belief system.
Why talk about a "cure" for homosexuality? There seems to be enough heterosexual activity to over-populate the world already, filling it with millions who are hungry, homeless, subject to attack and murder, enslaved. There is also no legitimate reason to be interested in the sexual activities of other adults.
What is the point of obsessing about LGBTs? The anti-LGBTs seemed to have reached a notable level of insanity.
What actually IS needed is a cure for domestic violence. Twice I have had to confront neighbors because the male partner was threatening or downright attacking the female partner. How about putting the same effort into eradicating this, mostly heterosexual, sometimes fatal misconduct.

Wouldn’t finding this DNA abnormality end the discussion?

I’d think the gay crowd would be pleased?
Perhaps to the extent that it might show what we already know, that people are born the way they are. I object to the characterization of having any particular variation of this genetic sequence as an "abnormality," however.

Biologically speaking, it is what it would be.

Time will tell, Tom, if that is true for all.
Mental illness can be brought on by abuse, use of drugs, etc. It can also be brought on by nothing more than a genetic defect.

It's a mental disorder that can and has been cured many times.....we need to offer more mental health therapies to gay men and women just like druggies and alcoholics receive.

A genetic defect that effects one physically is recognized for it being just that. One inside the body, we don’t, as we can’t see it. But it exists just the same, nevertheless.

A genetic defect that effects one physically is recognized for it being just that. One inside the body, we don’t, as we can’t see it. But it exists just the same, nevertheless.
Kind of like liberalism. You can't see it but the degenerate signs of it are easy to pick up on.

one, your link made it clear that we are not talking about a "gay gene".

two, why would they want to "cure" it? to make some bigots happy?
One, I never mentioned a gene.
Two, it would make everyone of high moral character happy.
You really believe that sexuality and morality are linked? How one expresses their sexuality---can be quantified in a moral fashion..but sexual preference? I bet you are one of those people that think pedophilia and homosexuality are morally the same.

If you truly had high moral character, you wouldn't have to announce it or spend so much effort trying to convince yourself of it.
I never said I did. In fact I've been quite open about being an asshole.

So you can just run along now and stop pretending that you have any skills at insulting others.
ROTFLMFAO@ a remark about being an 'open asshole'--in a conversation about homosexuality!

iu

You really believe that sexuality and morality are linked? How one expresses their sexuality---can be quantified in a moral fashion..but sexual preference? I bet you are one of those people that think pedophilia and homosexuality are morally the same.
Yes they are. A moral person would never perform sexual acts in the Oval Office.

Yes they are. A moral person would never perform sexual acts in the Oval Office.

Interesting...so if a President got frisky with his wife...on the rug....he would be committing an immoral act?

A moral person would never watch 15 year old girls get undressed or gran women by the genitals or have the hits for under age girls.

A moral person would.never vote for someone who did those things.

You lose

You can't change minds and hearts by force.

No but you can pass laws that keep their bigotry where it belongs -- in the shadows of their own homes.

There's only so much you can do under the Constitution. Better to persuade instead of trying to force.

Really? You can do a lot to enforce equal protection under our laws.

And thee people can't be persuaded. All that is left is protecting others from them.

We already have laws that do that. What more do you want?

Enforcement. Simple

So, bigots should go to jail because they say all heterosexual males are potential rapists? That would be interesting, to say the least.

A moral person would never watch 15 year old girls get undressed or gran women by the genitals or have the hits for under age girls.

You lose

Did you vote for a man who, as the most powerful man in the office, used the least powerful woman for his adulterous sexual pleasures? Someone just said something about moral people not doing that.

Disrespectful, if nothing else.

I never understood the right wing's rabid hatred of gays. I mean, who cares?

You lose
So if a man grabs his wife, he's not moral. You get more insane with each of your stupid hate filled episodes.

Forum List

Back