"Putin Orders Weekend Truce in Ukraine. Ukraine Fails to Comply"

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
That was the headline of today's Houston Chronicle. I cannot link to a paper newspaper, but here is the online version of the story, with a slightly different headline:

Putin orders weekend truce in Ukraine; Kyiv won't take part

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday ordered his armed forces to observe a unilateral 36-hour cease-fire in Ukraine this weekend for the Orthodox Christmas holiday, the first such sweeping truce move in the nearly 11-month-old war. Kyiv indicated it wouldn't follow suit.

Putin did not appear to condition his cease-fire order on Ukraine's acceptance, and it wasn’t clear whether hostilities would actually pause on the 1,100-kilometer (684-mile) front line or elsewhere.

I was wondering what some of you thought about this story, and in particular the Chronicle's wording of its paper headline.

Paper headlines were the "clickbait" of yesteryear. They would grab your attention, hoping to get you to read the story. Just as we have today with electronic headlines, many people who did not enjoy reading would internalize the headline and not bother with the rest of it.

What say you?

That was the headline of today's Houston Chronicle. I cannot link to a paper newspaper, but here is the online version of the story, with a slightly different headline:

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday ordered his armed forces to observe a unilateral 36-hour cease-fire in Ukraine this weekend for the Orthodox Christmas holiday, the first such sweeping truce move in the nearly 11-month-old war. Kyiv indicated it wouldn't follow suit.

Putin did not appear to condition his cease-fire order on Ukraine's acceptance, and it wasn’t clear whether hostilities would actually pause on the 1,100-kilometer (684-mile) front line or elsewhere.

I was wondering what some of you thought about this story, and in particular the Chronicle's wording of its paper headline.

Paper headlines were the "clickbait" of yesteryear. They would grab your attention, hoping to get you to read the story. Just as we have today with electronic headlines, many people who did not enjoy reading would internalize the headline and not bother with the rest of it.

What say you?
LOL, good for Ukraine!

I wouldn't comply for shit either, if I had all those cool weapons my tax money paid for.

What say you?
And people keep saying putin is Hitler instead zelensky t whom NATO funds. :auiqs.jpg:

Watch Putin complain at the UN about Ukraine not observing his ceasefire, then watch as the UN scolds Ukraine.
In today's world I fully expect that to happen.
awww...poor baby. The left is so put upon.

Why would Ukraine agree to this? LOL. Hilarious, that Putin is the one calling for a temporary truce, and still gets punched in the face anyway. :auiqs.jpg:

Shows that Zelensky is not interested in an end to his money making war. Wonder how the ukrainias feel about that. Bet they'd like a truce or a end. But President Democrazy isn't going to let that get in the way of mo money.

What say you?
Good. No pause for the maniac or his poor cannon fodder.

ivan, nobody in Europe /USA buys your crap.ru
Annalena Burbock reacted to Putin's order for a "Christmas truce" "If Putin wanted peace, he would take his soldiers home and the war would be over. But apparently he wants to continue the war after a short break," noted the head of the German Foreign Ministry.

Shows that
you muslims´hole

the reality is that your Moscow Mongols are badly F@CKED IN UKRAINE :

“The killers are tired and want to rest for a day. They want a Christmas truce so they can then continue killing Ukrainians in their home country with refreshed strength”

Forum List

Back