Put Obamacare in the rear-view mirror. Repeal only.

JagOnDaRoad

JagOnDaRoad
Dec 28, 2011
central east US
In the heat of the battle, we were assaulted with a 2700 page monstrosity that few if any of our congressmen/women had even read. Infamously, pelosi said, we have to pass it to see what's in it. THIS should be an afront to every citizen, republican, democrat, or independent. We send these people to DC as our representatives and as our elected stewards of the very fabric of our American lives. We cannot have our elected leaders hold us in such contempt.

In November it would send a signal that could not be misunderstood if we run over the existing administration with such a lopsided victory for the opposing party. Our republican candidate is not our ideal....he is our choice. A monumental landslide in the face of all that is said about our candidate would have to be interpreted as follows: We'd elect ANYONE to have the current administration removed. Now REPEAL that illegal monstrosity called Obamacare and put it so far in the rear-view mirror that it will never be seen or heard about again.

And this talk of REPLACE? Are you kidding me? Repeal it only. Then take any single issue you wish and address it before a congress of legitimate representatives who will forge real solutions to difficult issues.....even saying NO to new entitlements - heaven forbid.

Indeed, Obamacare is a massive pig, a disaster. But it's a clear plan, and the LEAST the GOP could do is put a clear plan together, give it a fuckin' name, print it out, and wave it at the camera at every opportunity. I suspect people are nervous about losing what's already been enacted, such as the 26-year old and pre-existing conditions rules.

Right now, it only looks like "Repeal, and then we'll figure something out." "Repeal and replace with this" would seem a lot smarter, wouldn't it?

Indeed, Obamacare is a massive pig, a disaster. But it's a clear plan, and the LEAST the GOP could do is put a clear plan together, give it a fuckin' name, print it out, and wave it at the camera at every opportunity. I suspect people are nervous about losing what's already been enacted, such as the 26-year old and pre-existing conditions rules.

Right now, it only looks like "Repeal, and then we'll figure something out." "Repeal and replace with this" would seem a lot smarter, wouldn't it?

Romney already said he'd preserve the PEC plank. For whatever that's worth.

Romney already said he'd preserve the PEC plank. For whatever that's worth.

Probably if Romney got elected, (god help us) the GOP Congress would pass a bill that would remove a few of the more unpopular sections, mostly on businesses, and keep the popular stuff.

Of course, once Obama's gone, the GOP can fall in love with Mandates and "private sector" solutions again.

Pretty sad that the GOP has had all this time to create a clear alternative plan and they have not.

Not surprising, but sad.

I'm often the last one to defend them....

BUT....

in their defense, there is only so many ways to skin this cat.

But you're right; offering no alternatives is not helping their cause much.

This is beside the point, I remember before Obama however, there wasn't a huge groundswell of support for the universal healthcare measures anyway. Issues seem to create their own inertia after a while in Washington, do they not? From my post as a person in the field of health care, the brass want, more than anything else, stability. It was stable before from a private provider standpoint. It is somewhat stable now. The last thing they want is another 2-3 year debate on the "direction of healthcare in this country." You can't create a gameplan when the rules to the game keep changing.

Pretty sad that the GOP has had all this time to create a clear alternative plan and they have not.

Not surprising, but sad.

I'm often the last one to defend them....

BUT....

in their defense, there is only so many ways to skin this cat.

But you're right; offering no alternatives is not helping their cause much.

This is beside the point, I remember before Obama however, there wasn't a huge groundswell of support for the universal healthcare measures anyway. Issues seem to create their own inertia after a while in Washington, do they not? From my post as a person in the field of health care, the brass want, more than anything else, stability. It was stable before from a private provider standpoint. It is somewhat stable now. The last thing they want is another 2-3 year debate on the "direction of healthcare in this country." You can't create a gameplan when the rules to the game keep changing.

I think I agree about the inertia, which is also the trap. Once that ball gets rolling it is hard to stop, but it does not require that we make no effort to stop it. Offering an alternative PLAN is just playing into the idea that the monstrosity was needed at all.

I suggest that the republicans should have argued, vehemently, that the method the democrats employed AGAINST the people to pass this bill was clearly not worthy of the people whom they represent. Let's get this cluster&*(^&* off the table once and for all and legislate they way we are supposed to .....with sanity."

Forum List

Back