Public Speaking

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Amazing how many adults still have severe anxiety over this. I'm proud of a large group of young people who went pretty far in overcoming this recently.

Anyone here still terrified at the prospect of public speaking?

On another note, who besides GayBiker loves to speak despite the fact that audiences everywhere beg them not to???

On another note, who besides GayBiker loves to speak despite the fact that audiences everywhere beg them not to???

omg here we go.

=====

I'm glad I've never been afraid to speak in front of groups. I've given gazillions of educational talks about wildlife, especially raptors. And always with a hawk or owl on my hand.

Never had a problem speaking in public. I've had to give lectures as well as speeches many times in my Naval career.

How much can you really say about oranges?

Actually, there were various lectures that I had to give for Naval Rights and Responsibilities, several speaking engagements as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, as well as several times I have spoken to large school groups about the advantages of joining the Navy.

Actually kind of enjoyed it, especially if the audience was interested in the material I was presenting.

Never had a problem speaking in public. I've had to give lectures as well as speeches many times in my Naval career.

How much can you really say about oranges?

Actually, there were various lectures that I had to give for Naval Rights and Responsibilities, several speaking engagements as a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, as well as several times I have spoken to large school groups about the advantages of joining the Navy.

Actually kind of enjoyed it, especially if the audience was interested in the material I was presenting.

Um ...... I was kind of kidding....

Um............I kinda knew that. Yeah...........naval oranges...........I got the joke.

But, because Kaiser Twit was being such a bitch, I decided to answer the post, just to piss her off.

I don't like actually responding to her, it seems to set her on a path of finding me everywhere and making snarky comments.

omg here we go.

=====

I'm glad I've never been afraid to speak in front of groups. I've given gazillions of educational talks about wildlife, especially raptors. And always with a hawk or owl on my hand.
Um............I kinda knew that. Yeah...........naval oranges...........I got the joke.

But, because Kaiser Twit was being such a bitch, I decided to answer the post, just to piss her off.

I don't like actually responding to her, it seems to set her on a path of finding me everywhere and making snarky comments.

oh brother.. there is so much about that post that is pathetic.

When I was a "child" public speaking petrified me. Then, as an adult, the first few times I had to give a presentation I prepared like crazy, and I realized that as long as I was prepared my anxiety pretty much went away. I always tried to anticipate the most negative reactions, and prepare specifically for them, and I looked forward to the difficult questions and comments.

Most of my public speaking is in the form of giving lectures on commercial contracts/law. Haven't done much in recent years.

But turning again to politics, it is refreshing to have at least one gifted public speaker in the race, and to see how bad the others look by comparison.

And if you don't know whom I'm talking about, you are not paying attention.

I took the Dale Carnegie course on public speaking to overcome this anxiety.

Forum List

Back