Public school children forced to pray to Allah

Syrenn, I'm going to disagree with you. There is NOWAY you could possibly understand Middle Eastern cultures without studying Islam. It's not possible. That is exactly the mistake some of these left wingers make, they think yoiu can separate Islam from Middle Eastern culture, and you can't.

The problem arises when you cross the line from teaching kids and move into having them pray and shit, that's wrong.

This is the problem with Islam. Christians go about their lives and their jobs and go to church on Sunday. Islam is a 24/7 way of life and you do what your clerics tell you. When they say it is time to go out and yell and burn American flags and scream at the cameras then you do it.

comparative religion is on the crucifiable, err, curriculum of just about every college and university in the country- public and private. take it up with them.

studying religions is not religious instruction.

Studying religions is not grade school cirriculum. Take it up with us.

really? apparently in wellesley it is. take it up with them when you get your panties unwadded.

Not it isn't. The teacher was out of line and this is being looked in to. Panties have nothing to do with it.

Syrenn, I'm going to disagree with you. There is NOWAY you could possibly understand Middle Eastern cultures without studying Islam. It's not possible. That is exactly the mistake some of these left wingers make, they think yoiu can separate Islam from Middle Eastern culture, and you can't.

The problem arises when you cross the line from teaching kids and move into having them pray and shit, that's wrong.

Understanding the middle east is not something adults get let alone 6th graders. I was under the assumption that this was to learn about the culture and not the religion.

Petra? The spice trade? Living like Bedouins in tents in the desert? Egypt? The food? Riding camels? The music? The architecture and art? The languages?

Sure you can study Middle Eastern culture as a 6th grader WITHOUT introducing the religion.

Studying religions is not grade school cirriculum. Take it up with us.

really? apparently in wellesley it is. take it up with them when you get your panties unwadded.

Not it isn't. The teacher was out of line and this is being looked in to. Panties have nothing to do with it.

how come the mom who was chaperoning and taped it gets a free pass?

it's already been looked into, apologies made, and life goes on.

but, please, continue being outraged

it amuses me

Understanding the middle east is not something adults get let alone 6th graders. I was under the assumption that this was to learn about the culture and not the religion.

Petra? The spice trade? Living like Bedouins in tents in the desert? Egypt? The food? Riding camels? The music? The architecture and art? The languages?

Sure you can study Middle Eastern culture as a 6th grader WITHOUT introducing the religion.

Another subject Syrenn doesn't understand but can't bring herself to just say she doesn't and move on. You can not separate Islam from ME culture. Islam IS middle eastern culture. It's part and parcel. It would be like studying US history without mentioning George Washington. SUre you COULD do it, but you lose all the context

Another subject Syrenn doesn't understand but can't bring herself to just say she doesn't and move on. You can not separate Islam from ME culture. Islam IS middle eastern culture. It's part and parcel. It would be like studying US history without mentioning George Washington. SUre you COULD do it, but you lose all the context

Get over it conhog....and stop lying about me.

As an adult....you cant study ME without ilsam.

AS a 6th grader, in PUBLIC SCHOOL, sure you can study ME without praying to allah. I am sure the mosque did a great job with ME culture, right up to the point of segregating the girls and the boys praying.

AS a 6th grader, in PUBLIC SCHOOL, sure you can study ME without praying to allah. I am sure the mosque did a great job with ME culture, right up to the point of segregating the girls and the boys praying.

SO we can add can't read to your list of short comings? I clearly said they went too far with the praying and such. I CLEARLY said that. YOU clearly said they could teach ME culture with NO reference to Islam. You can't PERIOD.

I swear I've NEVER met anyone so incapable of just admitting to being wrong and moving on. It's sad.

PS - WHere did I lie about you? Specifically where in the post you quoted did I tell a lie?

SO we can add can't read to your list of short comings? I clearly said they went too far with the praying and such. I CLEARLY said that. YOU clearly said they could teach ME culture with NO reference to Islam. You can't PERIOD.

I swear I've NEVER met anyone so incapable of just admitting to being wrong and moving on. It's sad.

PS - WHere did I lie about you? Specifically where in the post you quoted did I tell a lie?

i do so love unintended irony

:rofl:

Then this school has a religious curriculum. Plain and simple.

Studying the Indian culture can be done without studying hindu

Studying Arab culture can be done without studying islam

Studying European culture can be done without studding christianity.

Studying the Jewish culture can be done without studying hebew.

what part of beliefs don't you get, ace? the course title is enduring beliefs, not enduring cultures.

feel free to get all fucking wound up about it, though.

i heard one of the muslims bought cheetos with food stamps :rofl:

oh, and wtf is a religious crucifiable- is there an english word for that?

Right i saw that. And public schools have no business teaching ANY religious curriculum of any kind. Enduring or not.

Spell check what can i say.... you quoted before i corrected :lol:

WHy not?

We learned about pretty much every religion my sophomore year. My teacher wasn't preaching to us, he was just teaching us the history side. It was probably the most interesting thing we covered that year.

Feel free to compare how many times I've admitted to being wrong on this board to any other poster Del. I make the occasional error, and learn the occasional fact on here , and when I do, I have no problem admitting so. I have NEVER seen Syrenn do so.

Kinda creepy how infatuated you are with me

Feel free to compare how many times I've admitted to being wrong on this board to any other poster Del. I make the occasional error, and learn the occasional fact on here , and when I do, I have no problem admitting so. I have NEVER seen Syrenn do so.

It is kind of creepy how you think everyone is infatuated with you. I think you are trying to compensate for something. I mean, who makes up whole relationships, then accuses the other person of stalking them?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

It is kind of creepy how you think everyone is infatuated with you. I think you are trying to compensate for something. I mean, who makes up whole relationships, then accuses the other person of stalking them?

Perfect example. I haven't addressed you all day long, but you just can't resist getting personal can you?

Get it through your head Luissa. I DON'T want you.

Perfect example. I haven't addressed you all day long, but you just can't resist getting personal can you?

Get it through your head Luissa. I DON'T want you.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...ce-way-better-than-hannity-4.html#post2742966

did you enjoy the nude pics?

I'm sorry are you saying yiou tried to send me nude pics? No I wouldn't have enjoyed them .

I'm sorry are you saying yiou tried to send me nude pics? No I wouldn't have enjoyed them .

funny, that's not what you said last night.

Wellesley schools chief apologizes for students' role in Muslim prayer service

WELLESLEY — Wellesley’s school superintendent apologized today for allowing middle school students to participate in a prayer service during a field trip to a Roxbury mosque last spring.

The apology to parents came after a group that has been critical of the Islamic Society of Boston Community Center — New England’s largest mosque and Muslim cultural center — released a 10-minute long video featuring footage of Wellesley students bowing their heads during a prayer service.

Wellesley schools chief apologizes for students' role in Muslim prayer service - Wellesley - Your Town - Boston.com

To be honest - I would like to see World Religions taught in public schools. A visit to all different churches would be educational and certainly relevant to today's current affairs.

But a mosque visit has what educational value to Middle school children? I'd be curious to see how the trip was presented to the board.

Silver lining - perhaps the students learned first hand how women are treated.

Forum List

Back