Public Opinion Supports Repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”

Besides which, I've never thought it a wise practice for the #1 superpower to dumb down to the level of those they maintain military superiority over.
Y'know, I actually agree with you in the "We're America/American, so we're supposd to be unique" principle.

However, there are a few things that the other countries may be "right" on...like this one for example.

So Allie, I assume you also would be ok with applying Don't Ask, Don't Tell to heterosexuals as well?

There are plenty of gays in the military.

Pretending there aren't is stupid.

Nice try but straight vets and people with common sense don't buy it.

Buy what? Reality?

So do you feel it would be appropriate to apply don't ask, don't tell to heterosexuals as well?

Incidentally, don't try to speak for "straight vets." Speak for yourself. Trying to speak for a whole group like that dooms you to inaccuracy.

The military isn't actually that fond of any person in uniform engaging in public shows of affection. They overlook the hugs and kisses at certain ceremonies but the rest of the time, they're supposed to behave with reserve.
Right, like gays are gonna be all touchy-feely or trying to "get a feel" when they're in important situations.

*eye roll*

I was never in the military. When I was of an age to do it, very few women were and it never occurred to me.

5 uncles, dad, brother, ex served, one son and d-o-l serving now. Many friends and relatives.

So yeah, I've heard what they think about openly queer servicemen and women.

Shit........coming from a redneck close minded Christian whack job as yourself, who repeatedly has demonstrated the values of love and tolerance towards gays, it's no fucking wonder those service members in your family have a bad attitude towards gays.

Shit..........if I asked a family of white supremacists what they thought of Jews and Blacks, I'd get the same response that your fucked up ass just tried to peddle.

Try again Always an Idiot.

I was never in the military. When I was of an age to do it, very few women were and it never occurred to me.

5 uncles, dad, brother, ex served, one son and d-o-l serving now. Many friends and relatives.

So yeah, I've heard what they think about openly queer servicemen and women.

Shit........coming from a redneck close minded Christian whack job as yourself, who repeatedly has demonstrated the values of love and tolerance towards gays, it's no fucking wonder those service members in your family have a bad attitude towards gays.

Shit..........if I asked a family of white supremacists what they thought of Jews and Blacks, I'd get the same response that your fucked up ass just tried to peddle.

Try again Always an Idiot.
Pretty hard to find an objective attitude.

Folks, we're missing the big question.

Why does a queer feel he has to announce his sexual proclivity?

Why do straights always have to announce their sexual preference and conquests? Why is heter sex pervasive throughout the culture?

Noun

S: (n) double standard (an ethical or moral code that applies more strictly to one group than to another)

It's not just about a formal announcement.
Nice try but straight vets and people with common sense don't buy it.

Buy what? Reality?

So do you feel it would be appropriate to apply don't ask, don't tell to heterosexuals as well?

Incidentally, don't try to speak for "straight vets." Speak for yourself. Trying to speak for a whole group like that dooms you to inaccuracy.

You mean like how you speak for all gays?

Folks, we're missing the big question.

Why does a queer feel he has to announce his sexual proclivity?

Why do straights always have to announce their sexual preference and conquests? Why is heter sex pervasive throughout the culture?

Noun

S: (n) double standard (an ethical or moral code that applies more strictly to one group than to another)

Lets see, cause well it is the norm? Something like 90 percent of the population is straight? I don't know but that just might have something to do with it.

By the way try hugging and kissing in uniform in public and see what happens. The exception being at certain times like leaving and returning from deployment, and the command would eliminate that if they could.

By the way try hugging and kissing in uniform in public and see what happens. The exception being at certain times like leaving and returning from deployment, and the command would eliminate that if they could.

So, you're ok with applying don't ask, don't tell to straight people then? If you've already answered this question, I missed it.

One of the great problems with the modern Public is that all too few of them have EVER SERVED IN THE MILITARY. Which is why they don't buy the unit cohesion argument. They don't understand it.
Did you serve in the military?

That of course assumes the fellow soldier doesn't find said crush repugnant and when it is voiced immeddiately seek to transfer out. When you are hunkered down in a fox hole standing guard in a hot zone you don't need any additional distractions say like the ass of the guy you're on duty with.
So, you're distracted by soldiers asses?

Barry Goldwater Quote:
On gays in the military:
"Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar."
"You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight."

Forum List

Back