Public Education Failing

I'll take that as your concession. The point I'm making is teacher salaries should reflect the area in which they live. Some areas have higher costs of living and the citizens are paid accordingly. You can't pay a teacher the same salary in Porcupine butt, Alabama that you pay them in Beverly Hills, California.

You may take it as a concession. I'm a bit pressed for time so can't look up the information to confirm/refute your claim. But, West Virginia is governed by the same law of supply and demand as the rest of the world and if you quality teachers, you have to pay them the going rate.
The going rate is what is negotiated in their contract by elected officials. The problem I have is Washington teachers under contract walking out during the school year. That shows me those teachers don't care about contracts, "the children", or have any respect for the people that pay their salary.

Sure, they should just suffer in silence when they can't pay their bills and take care of their families. Makes perfect sense.
Oh, the poor pitiful urchins. Sell that propaganda to the naïve college kids.

I appreciate you admitting you aren't able to understand or have empathy for others. I'm sure your problem with education is that you didn't make use of the opportunities that you had in school and now are bitter that McDonald's won't pay you $15.00 an hour to ask if they want fries.

So far, you've said nothing of value. I encourage you to take remedial night classes and try to become a productive member of society. Adieu.
Oh, go to hell.

You may take it as a concession. I'm a bit pressed for time so can't look up the information to confirm/refute your claim. But, West Virginia is governed by the same law of supply and demand as the rest of the world and if you quality teachers, you have to pay them the going rate.
The going rate is what is negotiated in their contract by elected officials. The problem I have is Washington teachers under contract walking out during the school year. That shows me those teachers don't care about contracts, "the children", or have any respect for the people that pay their salary.

Sure, they should just suffer in silence when they can't pay their bills and take care of their families. Makes perfect sense.

I appreciate you admitting you aren't able to understand or have empathy for others. I'm sure your problem with education is that you didn't make use of the opportunities that you had in school and now are bitter that McDonald's won't pay you $15.00 an hour to ask if they want fries.

So far, you've said nothing of value. I encourage you to take remedial night classes and try to become a productive member of society. Adieu.
Oh, go to hell.

If I do, I'm sure I'll find you greeting everyone at the gate.

Last edited:
Then perhaps everyone should become a Teacher in West Virginia.
I'll take that as your concession. The point I'm making is teacher salaries should reflect the area in which they live. Some areas have higher costs of living and the citizens are paid accordingly. You can't pay a teacher the same salary in Porcupine butt, Alabama that you pay them in Beverly Hills, California.

Oh, the poor pitiful urchins. Sell that propaganda to the naïve college kids. Idiot.
Public School Teacher Salaries in Washington and by education, experience, Location and more - Salary.com

My son lives in Washington. His home is smaller than mine, he has no land, and his house costs 4 times what mine does.

I have said it before. I'll say it again.

Cost of living.

This is utter bullshit. You’ve fragmented and starved public education with at home schooling, and charter schools.

Teachers across the US are complaining that funding is still at pre-2008 levels and has been cut substantially. Teacher wages are low and investments in books, computers and smaller class sizes are non-existent.

American families pay more out of pocket for their children’s education than any other first world country and they have little to show for the money they spend.

Once again, Republicans have starved a tax payer funded public benefit until it really isn’t functioning well, and now they want to get rid of public education completely. Fuck poor kids. Throw them all in jail before they breed.

Wow, you have funny brown eyes.

Starved? Hysterically funny. DC spends $10,000 per pupil per year - more than any other school district in the country - and produces the lowest quality product of all.

Small classes? There were 37 students in my 6th grade class, and one single nun running it. There were no discipline problems, and everyone promoted.

No one wants to get rid of public education. What they want, and rightfully so, is to get rid of the Progressive influence upon it, and return it to the purpose of actually educating children, instead of building the future obedient proletariat.

BTW, home school parents still pay taxes into the public system.

I pay school taxes too, and my last kid left high school 6 years ago. You are not a special snowflake.

DC has to pay teachers more because of the higher cost of living and the hazardous environment where they work. That is where most of that cost comes from. Do you think someone who works in Long Island gets the same pay as those who live in South Dakota?

How many decades ago did you attend school? The raw materials are not quite the same anymore. When I was in high school, we had one idiot that punched a teacher. That happens daily if not several times a day in that same school today.

I didn't say I was. I was responding to Dragonlady's statement that we are somehow starving public education of funds by homeschooling.

DC has to pay teachers more because of the higher cost of living and the hazardous environment where they work.

Irrelevant. Tax dollars are being completely wasted on what is at this point - short of an application of force to evoke change - a lost cause. Considering the product, none of those currently staffing the DC system should be employed by it.

How many decades ago did you attend school? The raw materials are not quite the same anymore. When I was in high school, we had one idiot that punched a teacher. That happens daily if not several times a day in that same school today.

Yeah, how about that. They brought that on themselves. I would give teachers and school security the authority to literally kick the shit out of the little darlings if they attack, and that kid would never again set foot in a public school.

This is not fantasy land where you can change the laws of the United States on a whim, professor.

Indeed. But you have to start somewhere, grasshopper.

Denial is not just a river in Africa.

Wow, you have funny brown eyes.

Starved? Hysterically funny. DC spends $10,000 per pupil per year - more than any other school district in the country - and produces the lowest quality product of all.

Small classes? There were 37 students in my 6th grade class, and one single nun running it. There were no discipline problems, and everyone promoted.

No one wants to get rid of public education. What they want, and rightfully so, is to get rid of the Progressive influence upon it, and return it to the purpose of actually educating children, instead of building the future obedient proletariat.

BTW, home school parents still pay taxes into the public system.

I pay school taxes too, and my last kid left high school 6 years ago. You are not a special snowflake.

DC has to pay teachers more because of the higher cost of living and the hazardous environment where they work. That is where most of that cost comes from. Do you think someone who works in Long Island gets the same pay as those who live in South Dakota?

I didn't say I was. I was responding to Dragonlady's statement that we are somehow starving public education of funds by homeschooling.

DC has to pay teachers more because of the higher cost of living and the hazardous environment where they work.

Irrelevant. Tax dollars are being completely wasted on what is at this point - short of an application of force to evoke change - a lost cause. Considering the product, none of those currently staffing the DC system should be employed by it.

Yeah, how about that. They brought that on themselves. I would give teachers and school security the authority to literally kick the shit out of the little darlings if they attack, and that kid would never again set foot in a public school.

This is not fantasy land where you can change the laws of the United States on a whim, professor.

Please make sense so that I can respond.

Oh, go to hell.

If I do, I'm sure I'll find you greeting everyone at the gate.
Bye, troll.

My ignore list always grows whenever I start a thread pointing out another failure of one of the left's sacred cows.

My ignore list always grows whenever I start a thread pointing out another failure of one of the left's sacred cows.

And, by that he means that his ignore list always grows whenever he starts an argument without facts and ends up being embarrassed. He'll end up talking to himself soon. LOL!

You won't get them until the Department of Education is dissolved and the teacher's unions broken.
If the Corpies Own a Man's Work, They Own That Man

You sneak in your parasite corporate Masters' fear of unions into something about educational methods, which teachers' unions have no control over.

If you're not a union man, you're not a man at all. You're a child, dependent on the will of GreedHead morons who can't make a profit without cheating you.
A union drone is no different from a company drone. I've worked with both, and the union thug can be treacherous and very nasty.
Self-Declared "Rugged Individualists" Get Run Ragged

Bragging Buttboys for the Bosses are authoritarian conforimists who have a childish need to see their Scrooges as father figures. But a company is a team, not a one-man show.

Save your propaganda for your precious Plute parasite. It will rate you many brownie points.
You don't know me. Therefore, you're the only one here putting someone into a preconceived box. Save it for naïve college kids.
We Know You a Lot Better Than You Know Yourself

You are disingenuously using a typical Netwit fallacy. As if I can't tell anything about you from your posts. And you show us the typical bossy attitude of a bootlicking corporate flunkie.

Here in Los Angeles, the school board has just selected a new superintendent for the nation's second largest public school district (in terms of numbers of students).

During the last few decades, the board has selected superintendents of both genders and of most ethnicities. Each one has failed to make much progress in improving student outcomes.

Each new superintendent promised to transform the district. S/he eventually left without having done so.

I am not a Nostradamus, but this new guy is going to meet the same fate.

NO amount of money will ever change the low academic scores of most students from low-income families.

The only thing that can turn this ship around is strong family support for education and a home environment that prizes education.

INHO, that ain't gonna happen.

You won't get them until the Department of Education is dissolved and the teacher's unions broken.
If the Corpies Own a Man's Work, They Own That Man

You sneak in your parasite corporate Masters' fear of unions into something about educational methods, which teachers' unions have no control over.

If you're not a union man, you're not a man at all. You're a child, dependent on the will of GreedHead morons who can't make a profit without cheating you.
A union drone is no different from a company drone. I've worked with both, and the union thug can be treacherous and very nasty.
Self-Declared "Rugged Individualists" Get Run Ragged

Bragging Buttboys for the Bosses are authoritarian conforimists who have a childish need to see their Scrooges as father figures. But a company is a team, not a one-man show.

Save your propaganda for your precious Plute parasite. It will rate you many brownie points.
You don't know me. Therefore, you're the only one here putting someone into a preconceived box. Save it for naïve college kids.
We Know You a Lot Better Than You Know Yourself

You are disingenuously using a typical Netwit fallacy. As if I can't tell anything about you from your posts. And you show us the typical bossy attitude of a bootlicking corporate flunkie.
Oh, go to hell, Sage of Loserville.. The leftist trolling losers are really upset by this thread. My ignore list is growing rapidly.

Your denial of facts is overwhelming.

Your denial of facts is overwhelming.

You must first present some before I can deny them.

Here in Los Angeles, the school board has just selected a new superintendent for the nation's second largest public school district (in terms of numbers of students).

During the last few decades, the board has selected superintendents of both genders and of most ethnicities. Each one has failed to make much progress in improving student outcomes.

Each new superintendent promised to transform the district. S/he eventually left without having done so.

I am not a Nostradamus, but this new guy is going to meet the same fate.

NO amount of money will ever change the low academic scores of most students from low-income families.

The only thing that can turn this ship around is strong family support for education and a home environment that prizes education.

INHO, that ain't gonna happen.
It can happen if we get rid of the unions and give authority back to dedicated teachers and good parents. The government and unions are the biggest hurdle.

Well Trump likes the poorly educated so he's rooting for schools to fail one would guess. That way he has a plentiful supply of people he can have a heart to heart conversation with and not feel like they're talking over his head.

NYC new chancellor is mocking white parents for wanting to make sure their kids receive a first class education.

You can get rid of union's and get rid of every last bad teacher but until the family structure gets fixed I guarantee the results stay the same. And if you want good dedicated people to stay in teaching be prepared to offer them a much bigger salary otherwise they arent going to consider it. Vi take notice in how none of you feel the kids have any responsibilities at all. Looking for scapegoats. To top that off you should quit your current job to receive a pittance salary and fix the problem by being a teacher in a highly troubled school.

Forum List

Back