Psychological testing of some sort to purchase a firearm. Fair?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

Un-Constitutional, whether it&#8217;s &#8216;fair&#8217; or not is irrelevant.

And an &#8216;amendment&#8217; would have nothing to do with it, unless you&#8217;re proposing an &#8216;amendment&#8217; to repeal the 5th and 14th Amendments which guarantee every person in the United States, its possessions, and areas under its control the right to due process of the law.

• Banned
Un-Constitutional, whether it’s ‘fair’ or not is irrelevant.

And an ‘amendment’ would have nothing to do with it, unless you’re proposing an ‘amendment’ to repeal the 5th and 14th Amendments which guarantee every person in the United States, its possessions, and areas under its control the right to due process of the law.

Whatever it takes. As an excon I can't buy a firearm but I guarantee you if I could I would be 0 risk as compared to the crazies that are allowed to buy. If they can stop me they should be able to stop the nuts

And an ‘amendment’ would have nothing to do with it, unless you’re proposing an ‘amendment’ to repeal the 5th and 14th Amendments which guarantee every person in the United States, its possessions, and areas under its control the right to due process of the law.

Whatever it takes. As an excon I can't buy a firearm but I guarantee you if I could I would be 0 risk as compared to the crazies that are allowed to buy. If they can stop me they should be able to stop the nuts

Some states allow automatic restoration of civil rights. Your point is well taken.

• Banned

Some states allow automatic restoration of civil rights. Your point is well taken.

It's not a state issue, it's a federal law. If I EVER get cought in posession of a firearm it's an AUTOMATIC 5 years.

Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

Yep......like the guy driving the BMW in California 10 days ago? A real k00k right? Except he shot himself in the head and left zero blood in the vehicle ( see pics )!!! Hot stuff that guy!! And the LAX airport shooting where they have video of the police rushing a manicin out of the airport in a wheelchair for effect not to mention the laughable photos of the dead shooter!!!!!:gay: These fuckers don't even try hard anymore. Sure reels in lots of the sheeple.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxuljP3JFSs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxuljP3JFSs[/ame]

This is the new manner they will be taking guns.......psych testing. The ? is, who sets the classifications? Sky's the limit s0ns.........if you like violent movies and admit to it? Sorry......no guns for you!!!:badgrin: Take a day off to have a "mental health" day? Hand over your home defense shotgun!!:D

Last edited:
Moreover, ‘psychological testing’ would likely not have the desired effect, as one might ‘pass’ his ‘psychological testing’ and be allowed to purchase a firearm, and in later years develop mental health issues that would result in his committing an act of gun violence.

Citizens’ civil liberties cannot be limited, restricted, or preempted simply because the state ‘believes’ someone ‘might’ violate the law.

• Banned
Moreover, ‘psychological testing’ would likely not have the desired effect, as one might ‘pass’ his ‘psychological testing’ and be allowed to purchase a firearm, and in later years develop mental health issues that would result in his committing an act of gun violence.

Citizens’ civil liberties cannot be limited, restricted, or preempted simply because the state ‘believes’ someone ‘might’ violate the law.

Funny cause my civil liberties are gimped. Both by the state and the feds. They figure im a future threat.
As too the test, there are tests that I've taken that ask the same question 15 different ways. I suppose if I was a bit nuts I could also be a genius and fool the test?

Yeah but if you are on the left, if the intentions are good, then go for it!! The results.........an afterthought!!:D Any solution will do.....as long as its a solution!!:rock:

How about we just close down all of the gun factories? Weld the doors shut. Then they won't be making so many millions of guns that wind up in crazy people's hands.

How about we just close down all of the gun factories? Weld the doors shut. Then they won't be making so many millions of guns that wind up in crazy people's hands.

How about you move to one of those countries with no firearms? Ohh wait no such place.

How bout you address the topic like an adult and not the limp dick jackass you are?

Going over to the dark side I see, do you really want a constitutional amendment to address the smallest percentage of firearms violence there is? Crazies bent on killing will kill, doesn't mater what tool they use, gun, knife or baseball bat. Most of them take out their families well away from the public eye and are only discovered when some finds the bodies. Public shooters are rare and their victim count is low compared others, they just get the most press.

Going over to the dark side I see, do you really want a constitutional amendment to address the smallest percentage of firearms violence there is? Crazies bent on killing will kill, doesn't mater what tool they use, gun, knife or baseball bat. Most of them take out their families well away from the public eye and are only discovered when some finds the bodies. Public shooters are rare and their victim count is low compared others, they just get the most press.

Why does it have to be the dark side? The issue is not black n white.
If I can't posess a gun why in the fuck can some nut who's on prozac786?
I have to take a test to drive a damn car and I don't remember the last time some nut used a car in a killing spree?
It's the same reason we don't do special reflex testing at a certain age to see if you even should be driving.

VOTES

How bout you address the topic like an adult and not the limp dick jackass you are?
Okay, let's address the problem like adults. Poverty causes the majority of crime in the world, and the majority of the world's wealth is controlled by a very corrupt wealthy minority. With more wealth in the hands of the general worldwide population, it is more than likely that there will be less crime.

The global economy is based on energy- fuel and electricity for the production and transportation of goods. Cannabis hemp can provide the majority of the world's energy without the industry being controlled by a very corrupt wealthy minority. Legalizing marijuana will transfer the majority of the world's wealth through the free market to the working poor, raising the standard of living for all People on Earth, and lowering crime.

It won't be a utopia but it will be better than bombing Muslims over lies.

Why does it have to be the dark side? The issue is not black n white.
If I can't posess a gun why in the fuck can some nut who's on prozac786?
I have to take a test to drive a damn car and I don't remember the last time some nut used a car in a killing spree?
It's the same reason we don't do special reflex testing at a certain age to see if you even should be driving.

VOTES

As far as I'm concerned anyone who advocates a general infringement on constitutional rights is on the dark side. You don't infringe on everyone to address a relatively small problem, that's what the commies do. You made the mistakes that cost you your rights, accept the responsibility for them. You can apply to have your rights restored or just keep bitching, but don't go after the rights of the law abiding.

Okay, let's address the problem like adults. Poverty causes the majority of crime in the world, and the majority of the world's wealth is controlled by a very corrupt wealthy minority. With more wealth in the hands of the general worldwide population, it is more than likely that there will be less crime.

The global economy is based on energy- fuel and electricity for the production and transportation of goods. Cannabis hemp can provide the majority of the world's energy without the industry being controlled by a very corrupt wealthy minority. Legalizing marijuana will transfer the majority of the world's wealth through the free market to the working poor, raising the standard of living for all People on Earth, and lowering crime.

It won't be a utopia but it will be better than bombing Muslims over lies.

Horseshit---poverty does not cause crime.

Forum List

Back