Psychological testing of some sort to purchase a firearm. Fair?

Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

If they are so potentially dangerous, should we allow them to drive?

Own chainsaws?

Or edged tools like hatchets, axes and knives?

Live near schools?

Be free to move among us.

I mean, if these tests are available that can identify those that will be dangerous, couldn't we create an internment area for them...to keep us safe from them?

Because security is far more important than rights, or freedom.

Last edited:
Of course, today I'm a fanatic. Tomorrow when I mock Moochelles fat ass I'll be the newest cool kid.

Some of you are so sad

(patiently)

Some of us actually think that giving government the power to decide for us, which of us can own guns and which of us can't, is a BAD idea. Regardless of which bogeyman the gun-grabbers are trying to scare us with today.

So I went from a fanatic to a big government boogeyman. ...

Why the fuck can't I just be an American with an different opinion?

You can, no one says you can’t.

Your problem is you’re ignorant and you don’t think things all the way through.

You advocate for psychological testing as a precondition to owning a firearm, ignorant of the fact that this likely violates the 5th Amendment’s right to due process, in addition to there being no evidence that such testing would work, failing to justify the state’s desire to place such a burden on the individual to possess a firearm for self-defense.

Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

We really, really need to give government the power to decide which of us can carry guns and which can't.

You fanatics just never give up, do you?

:cuckoo:

We really, really need to give government the power to decide which of us may have a child and which may not, or whether same-sex couples may marry or not.

You fanatics just never give up, do you?

Anyone that advocates losing rights over a problem that effects .0001 percent of the population is a nut job.

I haven't advocated anything. I posed a question. And it seems some of you on the right are childlike in your inability to articulate a rational response to it. Your stupid fucking knee jerk automatic insult responses show you to be no better that those you demonize on the left.

Nut job
Lunatic
Dark side
Boogeyman
Reactionary

All terms you shallow minded twits use on a regular basis when you can't or won't partake in an adult discussion.

It's fucking laughable. You all sit in your armchairs posting your bullshit as if it bares any more weight than mine. I got news for ya.... even as an excon who has probably experienced about everything life has to throw at me and lived through some terrible lows I still know one thing. YOU are no better than ME. My vote and my voice counts just as much as yours. No amount of shouting me down or insulting me will change that.

While you morons boycott Sonic to prove a point the left boycotts ChicFilA. In the end NOTHING changes except you BOTH may or may not hurt business & jobs.

By the way, the nut jobs, imo, are the ones defending the right of the mentally ill to own a gun.

Fuck off/end rant

Moreover, ‘psychological testing’ would likely not have the desired effect, as one might ‘pass’ his ‘psychological testing’ and be allowed to purchase a firearm, and in later years develop mental health issues that would result in his committing an act of gun violence.

Citizens’ civil liberties cannot be limited, restricted, or preempted simply because the state ‘believes’ someone ‘might’ violate the law.

Yet those who have "paid their debt" to society remain unable to purchase or possess firearms. When does the sentence end?

When one’s petition for a restoration of his civil rights is granted.

If they are so potentially dangerous, should we allow them to drive?

Own chainsaws?

Or edged tools like hatchets, axes and knives?

Live near schools?

Be free to move among us.

I mean, if these tests are available that can identify those that will be dangerous, couldn't we create an internment area for them...to keep us safe from them?

Because security is far more important than rights, or freedom.

The rest of you "NUT JOBS" should take note. THIS is how you pose a different view. Straight to the point, WITH good points and no ridiculous stupid fucking insults.

Excuse me Dingle Berry,

Have you found ANGELS , whom you trust to administer the "psychological" testing?

May I remind you that the former soviet Union and Cuba use psychiatry as a tool of the state?

The misuse of psychiatry as a tool of political repression has a long and sordid history

Enemies of the State
Author
By Peter Farmer June 5, 2013 | Comments| Print friendly | Subscribe

The misuse of psychiatry as a tool of political repression has a long and sordid history. In the modern era alone, repressive regimes – from Nazi Germany to Castro’s Cuba to Mao’s China – have used involuntary psychiatric imprisonment, false diagnoses of mental illness, and other pseudo-scientific methods as a means of marginalizing, neutralizing or destroying dissidents, ideological enemies and other individuals troublesome to the state. However, perhaps nowhere else were t

How about we just close down all of the gun factories? Weld the doors shut. Then they won't be making so many millions of guns that wind up in crazy people's hands.

That remark does not dignify a response other than total disdain.
It shouldn't surprise us that liberals are always channeling Adolph Hitler when it come to guns in the hands of citizens, but it does.

Anyone that advocates losing rights over a problem that effects .0001 percent of the population is a nut job.

I haven't advocated anything. I posed a question. And it seems some of you on the right are childlike in your inability to articulate a rational response to it. Your stupid fucking knee jerk automatic insult responses show you to be no better that those you demonize on the left.

Nut job
Lunatic
Dark side
Boogeyman
Reactionary

All terms you shallow minded twits use on a regular basis when you can't or won't partake in an adult discussion.

It's fucking laughable. You all sit in your armchairs posting your bullshit as if it bares any more weight than mine. I got news for ya.... even as an excon who has probably experienced about everything life has to throw at me and lived through some terrible lows I still know one thing. YOU are no better than ME. My vote and my voice counts just as much as yours. No amount of shouting me down or insulting me will change that.

While you morons boycott Sonic to prove a point the left boycotts ChicFilA. In the end NOTHING changes except you BOTH may or may not hurt business & jobs.

By the way, the nut jobs, imo, are the ones defending the right of the mentally ill to own a gun.

Fuck off/end rant

Great rant, just one problem with it.... It is ALREADY illegal for the adjudged mentally ill to own firearms. You don't want joe blow to own a firearm, get the State to prove he is mentally ill and get a judge to so rule. Failing that you have no say in my right to own a firearm. Your "suggestion" violates the rights of every person in the Country. The one that can not defend their position would be you for crying about complaints and not defeating them in the supposed logical manner you claim you have presented your point. Jones made a very valid point about some of the rights you would violate with this "suggestion" I don't see you responding to him either.

Once again .0001 percent of the population are effected by being killed by firearms. And most of them are suicides. You would allow the Government to violate numerous rights so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent is supposedly protected. Remind me of your opinion on the fact that doctors kill over 100000 a year and your proposal to stop that?

Nut job
Lunatic
Dark side
Boogeyman
Reactionary

Fuck off/end rant

Great rant, just one problem with it.... It is ALREADY illegal for the adjudged mentally ill to own firearms. You don't want joe blow to own a firearm, get the State to prove he is mentally ill and get a judge to so rule. Failing that you have no say in my right to own a firearm. Your "suggestion" violates the rights of every person in the Country. The one that can not defend their position would be you for crying about complaints and not defeating them in the supposed logical manner you claim you have presented your point. Jones made a very valid point about some of the rights you would violate with this "suggestion" I don't see you responding to him either.

Once again .0001 percent of the population are effected by being killed by firearms. And most of them are suicides. You would allow the Government to violate numerous rights so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent is supposedly protected. Remind me of your opinion on the fact that doctors kill over 100000 a year and your proposal to stop that?

I responded to a couple posters. But for the most part I've been taking in the rational responses and mocking the fools. Unlike so many of you im willing to listen to some people. Problem is half of you just go off half cocked like some stupid kid and try to catagorize every post you disagree with.

There was one poster from the left and one from the right that both put up excellent points, the rest of you just acted like the names you called me.

That could be a rather slippery slope if the Government is given the power to make you take a psychological test to buy a gun what else might they try and have you take a psychological test to buy or do.

Forum List

Back